New album - Saviors - Out January 19th

AnonymWarnerGermany

6 hours ago, Flashback said:

According to wikipedia Pollyanna will be a bonus track of the album. Maybe for the japanese edition? Did CLA remix the song then?

If we're hearing this on Wikipedia alone then I wouldn't count on that being true at all. A quick google of '"Pollyanna (Bonus Track)"' reveals Wikipedia and nothing else Green Day related so seems like there's no source for that whatsoever

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, suffoKate said:

Rumblefish is amazing and pairs nicely with the Outsiders, so 2 GD items right there ! :rudys:

Matt dillon was in  both movies let's do it for Johnny man!

23 minutes ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

If we're hearing this on Wikipedia alone then I wouldn't count on that being true at all. A quick google of '"Pollyanna (Bonus Track)"' reveals Wikipedia and nothing else Green Day related so seems like there's no source for that whatsoever

Yeah I believe Pollyanna was a stand alone single 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, That Dude said:

It's totally bogus, like the ones I make up.  Here's the real one: 

The Antartic Dream Is Chilling Me

Look Lenny, My Arm! 

Boobie Sects

Purple People Eater 

I've Got My Problem

19-19-1985

Hello Norwood

Retroperateniel Lymph Node Dysection Plus Nephrectmy City

Accord Fall

The Noid

The Network Spend The Night

Living After Midnight In the 1920s will get you burned at the stake in the 2020s ya bastard

Wake Me Up When September Ends Part IV

Slaughterers, Saviors and Dufuses

Comeback Sauce.

*these are not real.  I know.

As cool as it would be for Green Day to be pranking us and there's an even cooler cover and concept that surprise drops today, I don't think so.    The one they are presenting to us sounds good and interesting.   Billie's buzzwords are out the window, quick meeting on the roof and gone on their broomsticks to a lesser band.

I love it :lol: it put a smile on my face, unlike the "real" one.

They should name more songs with initials and let us find out in the lyrics, like F.O.D. or even D.U.I although we know what that means. They're not trying so hard anymore...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Reverend Strychnine Twitch said:

When you listen to The American Dream Is Killing Me and One Eyed Bastard (Pink Riff version) back to back a couple of times you easily recognize that not only the intros of the songs but also the tempos and the general structures of the songs are so similar. 

If these songs were not on the same album, maybe the similarity wouldn't be so recognizable ( because there are songs in GDs discography that are recycled ideas... Holiday/Say Goodbye etc)

That's why I'm sure the One Eyed Bastard version we heard is re-worked for the new album in some way to change the obvious similarity to TADIKM (on the same album with only 2 songs in between). Otherwise it will be easy to criticise for some people that GD puts nearly the same song on the same album and they're out of ideas blah blah.

Please listen to TADIKM first and then One Eyed Bastard and you will know what I mean.

I'm sure some of you already recognized this. 

I actually did this yesterday night and noticed it 

• Like 1

I requested release day off.  

Congrats to @Train27 for winning a free copy of the album! 

Are any of these songs from the EP recording process?  the song titles are tight lipped.  HOLY CRAP, POLYANNA is listed as a track now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Is that correct?  Anyway.....

if there is a story:

Zombie Jimmy is frustrated with life, as per usual.     

Zombie Jim rips his head open, shows his mommy that he has no brains and goes mindlessly into the City yet again.   He encounters overly enthused fans of Frank Sinatra at a Church and briefly dances with them and ponders God, the Devil and death as he's already undead.  

The mob rolls into Jingletown and tries to get a handle on the zombie problem, but Zombie Jim has other ideas.  He's going to partner with Whatshername and defeat everything and everyone.   No matter the cost. 

He creates a new genre of Rock N Roll that controls the zombies, but gives them a way to become self controlling again, to be their true selves.  It has some bad side effects and kills Whatshername and there is no bringing her back.    Suzie Chapstick is super old, but she's bold enough to join Jim.   They jump in a corvette and travel to see the Wiz.   The Wiz is Fink from the Network.   He offered to give Jim a heart that looks like a grenade but Jim shoots it and destroys the emerald city.   

Stayed tuned to never heard how the story ends. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ekim said:

Matt dillon was in  both movies let's do it for Johnny man!

Yeah I believe Pollyanna was a stand alone single 

I fucking love Matt Dillon haha! He could have played St. Jimmy at one point!

• Like 2

"Fancy Souce" doesn't sound like the right closure for a potentially epic album. 

When I think of Whatsername, The Forgotten, See The Light, Ordinary World, Amy, they all are perfect endings to me, whether because they're sad or because they have a more meaningful/strong message than the rest. They failed with Graffitia and Oh Love. And this FS sounds like it's from the "party stage" from UNO. Saviors and Father To A Son come before that and those Do sound like they fit perfectly. Those are the one I look forward the most. 

(p.s. I would've put Good Riddance instead of Prosthetic Head as the last song. As for the others, I'm ok with them) And also, I'm thinking ahead because I CAN'T WAIT TO LISTEN TO THIS RECORD :runaround:

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ekim said:

Ok which one of you heathens added Pollyanna to the tracklist on Wikipedia? 

I'm gonna wait until there's 20 songs and then put the wackiest song I can imagine there.  Like Coffee and Repent or Herion Pop Volumes I through XXXXXIX. 

21 minutes ago, Laly said:

"Fancy Souce" doesn't sound like the right closure for a potentially epic album. 

When I think of Whatsername, The Forgotten, See The Light, Ordinary World, Amy, they all are perfect endings to me, whether because they're sad or because they have a more meaningful/strong message than the rest. They failed with Graffitia and Oh Love. And this FS sounds like it's from the "party stage" from UNO. Saviors and Father To A Son come before that and those Do sound like they fit perfectly. Those are the one I look forward the most. 

(p.s. I would've put Good Riddance instead of Prosthetic Head as the last song. As for the others, I'm ok with them) And also, I'm thinking ahead because I CAN'T WAIT TO LISTEN TO THIS RECORD :runaround:

You never know how Fancy Sauce could sound.   Fancy Sauce could be a chilling memory of a last moment with a loved one or something crazy like that.    It might not be a joke song.  They might not say the title at all.   

• Like 1

I am pretty sure there's a song each written by Tre and Mike on the album...

Remember this is an album about their 30+ years and they've thrown everything in about their journey together.

Suzie chapstick and fancy sauce really caught me off gaurd and I can't wait to hear them

• Like 1

So this past Saturday the brother of the actual kid on the cover commented under my post on green day's facebook I believe it's the one showcasing the artwork,  I said "looked cool gave me warning nimrod vibes" about two days later a guy named Brian Kennedy, left me a comment saying QUOTE 1978 falls road top of leeson street my brother Paul on the cover only a small stone in his hand don't think he got arrested. needless to say I was stunned! I replied wow how's Paul doing these days? no reply, but I checked out Brian's Facebook and there's the actual Paul Kennedy from the cover older yet you can tell it's him.

• Like 2
  • Surprised 2

1 hour ago, Laly said:

We're still a few months away from the album. Some of these titles could still be working titles that will change by the time everything is officially announced. Remember when the FOAM track list leaked, they had Bulletproof backpack which became Oh Yeah. And back on 21CB, East Jesus Nowhere was originally called March of the Dogs in early magazine previews.

• Like 2

Plot within a plot within a plot within a plot with a double twist... Father To A Son is 'Rome Falls' (reworked).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

We're still a few months away from the album. Some of these titles could still be working titles that will change by the time everything is officially announced. Remember when the FOAM track list leaked, they had Bulletproof backpack which became Oh Yeah. And back on 21CB, East Jesus Nowhere was originally called March of the Dogs in early magazine previews.

Well there's reports the Album is already pressed on Vinyl,  and cd, cassette, the day before the video shoot they held an exclusive album listening party for industry insiders and Rob cavallo attended as well that's how the people from the grammy's did a little review I believe 

I think fancy sauce will be a short song with tre just doing his Thang lol 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

Are you saying the tracklist is not official yet??

• Like 1

Hope they play some unheard songs here lol

Also just remembered that this venue was attacked by terrorists in November 2015 

• Like 3
  • Surprised 1

15 minutes ago, þjáningu said:

Hope they play some unheard songs here lol

Also just remembered that this venue was attacked by terrorists in November 2015 

Show thread!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Liam said:

Show thread!

Didn't know how to start a thread but thanks ❤

6 hours ago, AlienVisitor said:

Are you saying the tracklist is not official yet??

It's official,  Warner accidentally leaked it last week then deleted, my guess they wanted to wait until November 2 but now it's out there on multiple sites including Wikipedia 

For The show in Paris it’s said that « Green Day will play some songs of their upcoming album » 

maybe we’ll hear other songs than those de already know 

• Like 2

so i had a dream last night that new info about the album leaked, but for some reason the only info that leaked was the time signatures of each song. and one of them was something like 7/8 and there were two 3/4 songs. that got me wondering when was the last time they released a song on something other than 4/4. (i'm pretty sure it was the last part of Dirty Rotten Bastards, which is on 3/4)

• Haha 1

Somebody was asking what the pedophile line is about in TADIKM a few pages back. I've been thinking about that. In my interpretation, he seems to be likening the American Dream to something completely off-limits, that blue collar workers obsess over to a completely inappropriate degree.

7 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

Somebody was asking what the pedophile line is about in TADIKM a few pages back. I've been thinking about that. In my interpretation, he seems to be likening the American Dream to something completely off-limits, that blue collar workers obsess over to a completely inappropriate degree.

Yeah I feel like theyre shining a negative light on those who glorify the american dream or make it their entire life and essence.

The line is definitely in there for some form of shock value. It’s a word that’s supposed to make us stop and go “wtf?”

And of course those YT reviewers are going to make a massive reaction out of these types of things because well, they’re acting for viewership. They all had the same reaction to the second verse too.