New album - Saviors - Out January 19th

AnonymWarnerGermany

On 10/26/2023 at 6:50 PM, That Dude said:

Bobby Sox are fans of Frank Sinatra - who was also on Reprise records.  

*mic drop*

"Corvette summer" is a movie released in 78 perhaps billie was inspired by it like he was with the movie rumble fish to create rusty James?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ekim said:

"Corvette summer" is a movie released in 78 perhaps billie was inspired by it like he was with the movie rumble fish to create rusty James?

Yet another aspect where we can show our extreme fandom - watching all the things Billie, Mike and Tre like.  I might start with Rumble Fish because Rusty James rules!   I'm already imagining a bunch of misfits with knives and a dramatic shot of brass knuckles left in the rain, haha.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Laly said:

The tracklist is official, or where is it from? 'cause it sounds like a That Dude's usual tracklist. No offense, @That Dude :lol: 

It's totally bogus, like the ones I make up.  Here's the real one: 

The Antartic Dream Is Chilling Me

Look Lenny, My Arm! 

Boobie Sects

Purple People Eater 

I've Got My Problem

19-19-1985

Hello Norwood

Retroperateniel Lymph Node Dysection Plus Nephrectmy City

Accord Fall

The Noid

The Network Spend The Night

Living After Midnight In the 1920s will get you burned at the stake in the 2020s ya bastard

Wake Me Up When September Ends Part IV

Slaughterers, Saviors and Dufuses

Comeback Sauce.

*these are not real.  I know.

As cool as it would be for Green Day to be pranking us and there's an even cooler cover and concept that surprise drops today, I don't think so.    The one they are presenting to us sounds good and interesting.   Billie's buzzwords are out the window, quick meeting on the roof and gone on their broomsticks to a lesser band.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, billy1986 said:

Look Ma is like an Insomniac song. Amazed 

youre not wrong. Had insomniac vibes straight away.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 10/29/2023 at 7:13 AM, jengd said:

Now I want to hear Look Lenny, My Arm.  😂

You can't hear things from the Green Day vault.   I can make your a horrendous cover if you want. 😉

Edited by That Dude
Vault. I forgot to write vault.
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, pouty bitch said:

I've been thinking about TADIKM and Look Ma, and if we're gonna compare the album sound (so far) to other GD albums, American Dream is giving a mix of RevRad and 21CB for me while Look Ma is giving 90s GD vibes, and I actually love that the first two songs we're actually gonna hear from the album (in studio recording form) each represent the two main divisions of GD's sound (90s and then AI/21st/Revrad). Hoping there's more variation like that, rather than just an AI-esque or Dookie-esque album for example.

What would we say 1981 sounds like?

I think OEB was a mix of 21cb but leaning more towards rev rad. 

3 hours ago, jengd said:

Now I want to hear Look Lenny, My Arm.  😂

I was featured in the Dreaming video.

It was a good time but I wish someone would walk me this morning!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, That Dude said:

Yet another aspect where we can show our extreme fandom - watching all the things Billie, Mike and Tre like.  I might start with Rumble Fish because Rusty James rules!   I'm already imagining a bunch of misfits with knives and a dramatic shot of brass knuckles left in the rain, haha.  

Rumblefish is amazing and pairs nicely with the Outsiders, so 2 GD items right there ! :rudys:

2 minutes ago, Lenny said:

What would we say 1981 sounds like?

I think OEB was a mix of 21cb but leaning more towards rev rad. 

Musically, it's got Nimrod and prior records written all over it. Lyrically though it's still more like RevRad and beyond

• Like 1

4 hours ago, That Dude said:

I read the book after hearing Rusty James. The story is decent and gives more clarity to the song but the reading level is so low. I was really into reading/writing throughout my childhood so I typically seek more challenging novels.

I read Ayn Rand’s books and got there by following Neil Peart. Those weren’t bad. I also read Neil’s book about his motorcycle ride. I enjoyed that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

I read the book after hearing Rusty James. The story is decent and gives more clarity to the song but the reading level is so low. I was really into reading/writing throughout my childhood so I typically seek more challenging novels.

I read Ayn Rand’s books and got there by following Neil Peart. Those weren’t bad. I also read Neil’s book about his motorcycle ride. I enjoyed that.

There's a book AND movie?  Sweet!   I read The Catcher in the Rye a while back and I know Billie likes that one.   

Wasn't this listening party a few days ago for journalists? Maybe they did many interviews on that day which will be publisher in the next weeks

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, That Dude said:

There's a book AND movie?  Sweet!   I read The Catcher in the Rye a while back and I know Billie likes that one.   

Yep! Outsiders and rumblefish by SE Hinton!

• Like 2

Be prepared if there are 15 or more songs but the albums is SHORTER than FOAM.   HAHAHA, I'd love it.  

According to wikipedia Pollyanna will be a bonus track of the album. Maybe for the japanese edition? Did CLA remix the song then?

• Sad 1
  • Surprised 2

When you listen to The American Dream Is Killing Me and One Eyed Bastard (Pink Riff version) back to back a couple of times you easily recognize that not only the intros of the songs but also the tempos and the general structures of the songs are so similar. 

If these songs were not on the same album, maybe the similarity wouldn't be so recognizable ( because there are songs in GDs discography that are recycled ideas... Holiday/Say Goodbye etc)

That's why I'm sure the One Eyed Bastard version we heard is re-worked for the new album in some way to change the obvious similarity to TADIKM (on the same album with only 2 songs in between). Otherwise it will be easy to criticise for some people that GD puts nearly the same song on the same album and they're out of ideas blah blah.

Please listen to TADIKM first and then One Eyed Bastard and you will know what I mean.

I'm sure some of you already recognized this. 

40 minutes ago, Reverend Strychnine Twitch said:

When you listen to The American Dream Is Killing Me and One Eyed Bastard (Pink Riff version) back to back a couple of times you easily recognize that not only the intros of the songs but also the tempos and the general structures of the songs are so similar. 

If these songs were not on the same album, maybe the similarity wouldn't be so recognizable ( because there are songs in GDs discography that are recycled ideas... Holiday/Say Goodbye etc)

That's why I'm sure the One Eyed Bastard version we heard is re-worked for the new album in some way to change the obvious similarity to TADIKM (on the same album with only 2 songs in between). Otherwise it will be easy to criticise for some people that GD puts nearly the same song on the same album and they're out of ideas blah blah.

Please listen to TADIKM first and then One Eyed Bastard and you will know what I mean.

I'm sure some of you already recognized this. 

I honestly don't think TADIKM and OEB are that similar. Even the Pink riff on OEB, like yeah it's similar. It's hardly the same idea recycled on the same album. I was so confused why people were so sure that the first couple teasers were for OEB because of the guitar. Like, yes it's similar but there was no reason for people to assume "Oh that must be the reworked guitar riff from OEB"

Outside of the guitar riff, I don't see any similarity between the songs. I guess you could say the lyrics are influenced by 21CB songs, with TADIKM taking influence from the title track/Before the Lobotomy, and OEB using the "Vendetta, sweet vendetta" concept from Peacemaker but that's hardly a similarity between the two songs

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I honestly don't think TADIKM and OEB are that similar. Even the Pink riff on OEB, like yeah it's similar. It's hardly the same idea recycled on the same album. I was so confused why people were so sure that the first couple teasers were for OEB because of the guitar. Like, yes it's similar but there was no reason for people to assume "Oh that must be the reworked guitar riff from OEB"

Outside of the guitar riff, I don't see any similarity between the songs. I guess you could say the lyrics are influenced by 21CB songs, with TADIKM taking influence from the title track/Before the Lobotomy, and OEB using the "Vendetta, sweet vendetta" concept from Peacemaker but that's hardly a similarity between the two songs

Thanks. I don't know. Maybe listening to them back to back confused me.