New album - Saviors - Out January 19th

AnonymWarnerGermany

1."The American Dream Is Killing Me"3:06

2."Look Ma, No Brains!"2:00

3."Bobby Sox" 

4."One Eyed Bastard" 

5."Dilemma"

There's the singles. 

Heck, let's go for 6.    SHE'S GONNA BANG HER LIKE 1981!  

So this is the only Green Day album with 15 tracks.   Dookie digital has the secret song separated, but that doesn't count.   Or maybe it does.    Maybe Fancy Sauce and the Hot Tamale Kid or whatever will be like a bonus track.      They've had albums with 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17 and 18 tracks.   Now they need one with 11 and 16 and 19 and 20.       And before you say anything, yes - the 20 tracker FIRST.   Then the 11 tracks for album 16 and then 19 for album 17.     

Can we start an album 18 thread?  

No? 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, That Dude said:

1."The American Dream Is Killing Me"3:06

2."Look Ma, No Brains!"2:00

3."Bobby Sox" 

4."One Eyed Bastard" 

5."Dilemma"

There's the singles. 

Heck, let's go for 6.    SHE'S GONNA BANG HER LIKE 1981!  

So this is the only Green Day album with 15 tracks.   Dookie digital has the secret song separated, but that doesn't count.   Or maybe it does.    Maybe Fancy Sauce and the Hot Tamale Kid or whatever will be like a bonus track.      They've had albums with 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17 and 18 tracks.   Now they need one with 11 and 16 and 19 and 20.       And before you say anything, yes - the 20 tracker FIRST.   Then the 11 tracks for album 16 and then 19 for album 17.     

Can we start an album 18 thread?  

No? 

I can't thank you enough for always taking the time to analyze the most nerve-racking topics.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AlienVisitor said:

I mean the other albums are produced by Covallo as the primary producer while Green day are co-producers

On the cassette of saviors it lists Rob as main and then GD 

it’s just the Reprise logo being on there just strange as people have said they aren’t with them and are just doing a distro with Warner 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HAR said:

I can't thank you enough for always taking the time to analyze the most nerve-racking topics.

Thank you for recognizing that.  I do rack my nerves opening every album in wikipedia, then forgetting something and opening them again and repeating this until I am too tired to be bored I'm too bored to be tired.  And silence is so deafening it's like picking at sore.  

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Which album has 17 trac.... Wait, are you not counting Haushinka for Nimrod? :lol:

Well I don't make mistakes OR typos typos so....what song are you talking about?  I don't think that's a real word. 😄 

So they need a 16, 17, 19 and a 20 track album.   I wonder if this is discussed while they are making albums.  Like "yeah, this song fits but this is 15 track album."   Or "no, people will LOVE how short this album is.  Everybody is like me, they HATE songs over 2 minutes".  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/26/2023 at 1:23 PM, Sheenius said:

I heard its about his dad but obviously we dont know yet. 

Dude to a Dude Jr.  

1 hour ago, WhiteTim said:

On the cassette of saviors it lists Rob as main and then GD 

it’s just the Reprise logo being on there just strange as people have said they aren’t with them and are just doing a distro with Warner 

I think the industry has changed a lot over the years so I’m not surprised. It’s basically a partnership. Green Day is a huge entity in itself but they want to outsource the distribution part? The rest they may have covered.

The main reason for going to a major label back in the day was for resources. The expertise of the different departments and the $$$ backing. 

I think NOFX was right saying Dinosaurs Will Die. That’s what we’ve seen over the past 15 years or so.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

Wouldn’t it be cool if the album had 2 more songs 👀

If they do what blink did and release a digital "deluxe edition" like 4 days after the album comes out, I will be very frustrated, lol.

• Like 1

I just finished ranking every album that Billie, Mike and Tre have recorded together PLUS The Network who were falsely accused of being Green Day at one point a long time ago.  But even GreenDay.fm will tell you, their identifies have never been confirmed.     I just felt like throwing them in there for completely unrelated reasons.    What does that have to do with Saviors?    I think Saviors is capable of being way up in my list that includes Foxboro Hot Tubs and the Network albums.    Out of 17 albums, I think Saviors has the potential to crack my top 4.      Maybe even top 3 or 2.    

5 hours ago, blackplanet said:

If they do what blink did and release a digital "deluxe edition" like 4 days after the album comes out, I will be very frustrated, lol.

Me too

• Like 1

7 hours ago, That Dude said:

These YouTubers, man.

Damn I watched the whole thing thinking I’d be featured in it but it was actually @Little Boy Named Booze that was featured

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

And you'll be able to download the digital version in over 10,000 different colors.   Completists are being targeted in 2024. 

10,000 different colors X 5 different audio formats

• Like 1

Just now, Laly said:

The tracklist is official, or where is it from? 'cause it sounds like a That Dude's regular tracklist. No offense, @That Dude :lol: 

It was official actually. It was leaked by a company in the UK and Warner confirmed it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

Damn I watched the whole thing thinking I’d be featured in it but it was actually @Little Boy Named Booze that was featured

Im featured?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lenny said:

and 1 in every 5,000 will have one lyrical change.   Could be different lyrics or it could feature a take where Billie forgot the words. lol 

Yeah, you definitely deserve some name drops in a video.  But which name?  I've got an album ranking that combines Green Day, Foxboro Hot Tubs and The Network together in one list and then another video about rumored songs that's we've never heard a single note from .  Probably going to focus on the goofiest, almost certainly fake ones that give me a good laugh.   Ruse of the Rubes is my favorite Green Day song that doesn't exist.  

12 minutes ago, That Dude said:

and 1 in every 5,000 will have one lyrical change.   Could be different lyrics or it could feature a take where Billie forgot the words. lol 

Yeah, you definitely deserve some name drops in a video.  But which name?  I've got an album ranking that combines Green Day, Foxboro Hot Tubs and The Network together in one list and then another video about rumored songs that's we've never heard a single note from .  Probably going to focus on the goofiest, almost certainly fake ones that give me a good laugh.   Ruse of the Rubes is my favorite Green Day song that doesn't exist.  

Lenny would be the name. We need more about Lenny.

Lenny is actually on the new album. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Green Day’s ‘Saviors’ artwork is photo from the Troubles in Belfast

https://www.nme.com/en_asia/news/music/green-days-saviors-artwork-is-photo-from-the-troubles-in-belfast-3521436

the photo in question was shot during a 1978 riot on the Falls Road in Belfast, Northern Ireland. It was taken by photographer Chris Steele-Perkins.

31 minutes ago, Reverend Strychnine Twitch said:

I hope in depth interviews about the new album appear soon.

I also hope to watch some performances on Tv shows like Fallon etc...

I was thinking the same. Hoping for some talk show appearances. SNL would be cool too 

• Like 3

I've been thinking about TADIKM and Look Ma, and if we're gonna compare the album sound (so far) to other GD albums, American Dream is giving a mix of RevRad and 21CB for me while Look Ma is giving 90s GD vibes, and I actually love that the first two songs we're actually gonna hear from the album (in studio recording form) each represent the two main divisions of GD's sound (90s and then AI/21st/Revrad). Hoping there's more variation like that, rather than just an AI-esque or Dookie-esque album for example.

• Like 4