New album - Saviors - Out January 19th

AnonymWarnerGermany

I received an email 6 min ago saying the galaxy variant from the Green Day store was back in stock, but it looks like it is sold out again.
Oh well.

It does help that there are other varients still available, but I did get excited about that particular one being available again.

3 hours ago, okotavio said:

Really hoping OEB’s final chorus isn’t bada bing bada bing bada boom 

Honestly, I'm more worried about the hand claps. I can't see any possible scenario where that would be an improvement to the song. 

2 hours ago, M1KEY said:

While I don’t expect another 10 minute epic, with such short songs in the mix and the title track being second last, I do expect that Saviors will be the most epic track on the album. At least in the vein of 21stCB or Forever Now, maybe even Dirty Rotten Bastards.

I think my hopes will be dashed, but damn I'd love another Forever Now/Homecoming/JOS style multi-part song with proper production. Also, in some way, it would be weird for them not to do one, given how this album has the exact same staff as for American Idiot? But, yeah, best to not expect anything. 

• Like 3

Just now, ekim said:

So the tracklist still isn't officially out yet ?

There was a tracklist that multiple sources at the same time posted when TADIKM was officially released and have since been deleted. Pretty sure that tracklist is accurate but they probably didn't want that information out yet. So it's not official yet but I'd be very surprised if it turned out to be wrong. Maybe the order will end up differently or there's a couple of working titles in there

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ekim said:

So the tracklist still isn't officially out yet ?

Saw it on their wiki page but I guess anyone can add something there 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

Its real - without a doubt. Warner themselfs posted it and deleted it a few hours alter.

What was the point of that? :lol:

An intentional leak?

2 minutes ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

01 The American Dream is Killing Me
02 Look Ma, No Brains!
03 Bobby Sox
04 One Eyed Bastard
05 Dilemma
06 1981
07 Goodnight Adeline
08 Coma City
09 Corvette Summer
10 Suzie Chapstick
11 Strange Days Are Here to Stay
12 Living in the '20s
13 Father to a Son
14 Saviors
15 Fancy Sauce

Man I'm ready to delve into the new batch of songs! i don't remember saying that about father of all more like yikes let's get this over with lol 

7 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

There was a tracklist that multiple sources at the same time posted when TADIKM was officially released and have since been deleted. Pretty sure that tracklist is accurate but they probably didn't want that information out yet. So it's not official yet but I'd be very surprised if it turned out to be wrong. Maybe the order will end up differently or there's a couple of working titles in there

They're still working on it, lol.  

1 minute ago, That Dude said:

They're still working on it, lol.  

No don't say that too close to Halloween No more tricks only treats now lol 

16 minutes ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

01 The American Dream is Killing Me
02 Look Ma, No Brains!
03 Bobby Sox
04 One Eyed Bastard
05 Dilemma
06 1981
07 Goodnight Adeline
08 Coma City
09 Corvette Summer
10 Suzie Chapstick
11 Strange Days Are Here to Stay
12 Living in the '20s
13 Father to a Son
14 Saviors
15 Fancy Sauce

Goodnight Adeline and Father to a Son are kinda slow/ballad type songs (not fast punk songs) I think. Strange Days Are Here To Stay may be in that category too. 

Just guessing from the song names.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MillenniumFan said:

To all my fellow audiophiles/nerds, if you didn't catch it, Ted Jensen is doing the mastering for this one!! I cannot begin to describe how AWESOME that is. 

I just ordered the 180g vinyl, which, whilst not as visually captivating, ought to be the best sounding from all the vinyl options they're selling at the moment. 

Question, do you think they'll do a LP remaster like for American Idiot back in 2006? That mastering had terrific dynamic range and a lot of hidden details came out too such as the TV set playing in the background during Homecoming etc. 

The alternative of course is that the very first pressing will be great and have greater dynamic range, but vinyl sales are not per se geared towards audiophiles, especially not with the current retro wave, so I personally don't think the mastering will be any different from the one on CD and digital releases. 

FYI, mastering for vynil is always different than the CD/digital version. You can't put a heavily compressed master into a vynil because it will skip like crazy.

The 2006 remaster looks like it was remixed a little bit. That part in homecoming is clearly a sign of a remix. A remaster can make a record sound louder/quieter/brighter/darker, but never make a complete new element surface.

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, BrendanL said:

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/saviors/40712400?ean=0093624849377

Not sure if this exclusive color has been posted yet, but if not: lol

Hey @lbw87 that looks very like the HMV one.

1 minute ago, MillenniumFan said:

Imagine the marketing meeting at Warner HQ :lol:

Billie: "So this is our tracklist"

Warner Executive: "oh good, let's run through it"

Billie: "Alright so first off we have The American Dream Is Killing Me"

Warner Executive: "Great opening title, go on"

Billie: "Yeah so next we have Look Ma, No Brains! and Bobby Sox"

Warner Exec: "it's old-school, retro, a throwback, I like it"

Billie: "Then, One Eyed Bastard, Dilemma, 1981, Goodnight Adeline..."

Warner Exec: "very nice, very nice..."

Billie: "Coma City, Corvette Summer, Suzie Chapstick, Strange Days Are Here to Stay, Living in the '20s..."

Warner Exec: "mmh not sure about the Suzie Cha..." 

Billie: "Father to a Son"

Warner Exec: "ooh really like that, the emotional ballad to hit you right in the feels..."

Billie: "Saviors"

Warner Exec: "of course, no-brainer"

Billie: "and Fancy Sauce"

Warner Exec: "wait what"

I’m sure they know better than to judge a song only by it’s title.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

Imagine the marketing meeting at Warner HQ :lol:

Billie: "So this is our tracklist"

Warner Executive: "oh good, let's run through it"

Billie: "Alright so first off we have The American Dream Is Killing Me"

Warner Executive: "Great opening title, go on"

Billie: "Yeah so next we have Look Ma, No Brains! and Bobby Sox"

Warner Exec: "it's old-school, retro, a throwback, I like it"

Billie: "Then, One Eyed Bastard, Dilemma, 1981, Goodnight Adeline..."

Warner Exec: "very nice, very nice..."

Billie: "Coma City, Corvette Summer, Suzie Chapstick, Strange Days Are Here to Stay, Living in the '20s..."

Warner Exec: "mmh not sure about the Suzie Cha..." 

Billie: "Father to a Son"

Warner Exec: "ooh really like that, the emotional ballad to hit you right in the feels..."

Billie: "Saviors"

Warner Exec: "of course, no-brainer"

Billie: "and Fancy Sauce"

Warner Exec: "wait what"

Father to a Son sounds really similar to I Was A Teenage Teenager if you think about it...

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, jengd said:

Hey @lbw87 that looks very like the HMV one.

It's a bummer they all have similar shades of pink. Amazon, hmv and Barnes&Noble

Edit: at least in the product pictures. They all may really be different or they're all the same pink. We won't know until the release.
I won't buy doubles just because of different stickers haha

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MillenniumFan said:

Nah, I think Farther to a son is a great title tbh. 

Yeah I don't actually mind it, I just think it's kinda similar which is funny to me

Just now, MillenniumFan said:

Nah, I think Farther to a son is a great title tbh. 

I love it too, it reminds me of Father and Son by Cat Stevens, which is a dialogue between a father and his son and is gut wrenching 💔

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I love it too, it reminds me of Father and Son by Cat Stevens, which is a dialogue between a father and his son and is gut wrenching 💔

That's precisely what I was thinking of too! Also a clever way to distinguish it by adding in the "to a" instead of "and" imo. 

28 minutes ago, Reverend Strychnine Twitch said:

Goodnight Adeline and Father to a Son are kinda slow/ballad type songs (not fast punk songs) I think. Strange Days Are Here To Stay may be in that category too. 

Just guessing from the song names.

I could see strange days being a 'multiple parter' type song, not "Jesus of suburbia" long but forever now 21st century breakdown length, which would be cool and really bury the shorter the better concept that failed so hard on foam 

• Like 2