New album - Saviors - Out January 19th

AnonymWarnerGermany

12 minutes ago, okotavio said:

Really hoping OEB’s final chorus isn’t bada bing bada bing bada boom 

Given that the song is a reference to Mafia movies and this is a famous Mafia phrase, I doubt it.

Edited by devilskind92
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, pouty bitch said:

I forgot to mention, I'm actually pretty happy OEB is on the tracklist as I really really liked the chorus. Hopefully they've changed it up a bit so the rest of it is better

I really liked OEB from the get-go as well. I will say the thing that concerned me more than the guitar riff was how the chorus melody is pretty identical to The Passenger by Iggy Pop. Again, there are only so many melodies that can exist, but I do feel there could be some backlash.

Honestly I'd love to get a new version of the song just so that the album is new and fresh when I listen. 

9 minutes ago, okotavio said:

Really hoping OEB’s final chorus isn’t bada bing bada bing bada boom 

That part has to stay!

• Like 2

Noticed that all GD albums on Spotify now has the "living album cover" thing when in full screen mode.

Nice!

• Like 4

I updated the vinyl list on Page 11 to all of the known variants...including the Target Exclusive that just came up today.

We're waiting on the Hot Topic version to go live today and I'll update the list accordingly.

If anyone in the UK can help me get the HMV exclusive, it would be much appreciated. They only ship to UK, I'm in the USA. DM me if so!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fatherotti said:

So does anyone know if for sure they're just completely on Warner now? Or still Reprise? 

I noticed on Qobuz that TADIKM single has been put out just by Warner records....

But the preorder for the whole album still lists it as being by Reprise...

🤔

From Apple Music: 

IMG-3471.jpg

Anyways, Reprise doesn’t really exist anymore as a separate entity. It doesn’t even have a website anymore. From the stuff I can find online it looks like an internal WMG container that exists for legal reasons rather than anything else. 

5 minutes ago, HAPPY ZOMBIE UNICORN said:

From Apple Music: 

IMG-3471.jpg

Anyways, Reprise doesn’t really exist anymore as a separate entity. It doesn’t even have a website anymore. From the stuff I can find online it looks like an internal WMG container that exists for legal reasons rather than anything else. 

15 songs, 3 minutes?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jengd said:

15 songs, 3 minutes?

That’s cause only 1 track is available at the moment. 
It displays 15 tracks but only ~3 minutes are available. 

But would love to hear a Green Day grindcore record of 3 minutes one day  😝

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, lbw87 said:

I updated the vinyl list on Page 11 to all of the known variants...including the Target Exclusive that just came up today.

We're waiting on the Hot Topic version to go live today and I'll update the list accordingly.

If anyone in the UK can help me get the HMV exclusive, it would be much appreciated. They only ship to UK, I'm in the USA. DM me if so!

Do you mean this one?
https://hmv.com/store/music/vinyl/saviors-(hmv-exclusive)-coloured-vinyl

Can someone explain to me Bobby Sox? I read about Suzy Chaffee (Chapstick) but can't find anything about Bobby.

On 10/24/2023 at 11:06 AM, legendary said:

He played Saviors, American Dream and a song with "days" in the name... so I think It was "Strange Days are Here to Stay"

Circling back to this - but CLA was just bouncing around South America playing leaks for music classes?

Thats awesome but also crazy haha

Anyone else got a funny feeling that we’ll hear the basket case-esque melody from TADIKM will appear elsewhere on the record, a la somewhere now/forever now?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Can someone explain to me Bobby Sox? I read about Suzy Chaffee (Chapstick) but can't find anything about Bobby.

Bobby socks are a type of women’s sock that was popular in the US maybe 40-50 yrs ago.

Just now, DookieLukie said:

Bobby socks are a type of women’s song that was popular in the US maybe 40-50 yrs ago.

Or song, maybe you meant socks. They are the short white ankle socks girls wore with loafers or saddle shoes and big skirts. They called them Bobby Soxers.

I expect Goodnight Adeline to be a ballad-ish relatively slow end to the side 1 of the record, after 6 relatively fast-paced tracks. Something like Last Night on Earth on 21CB (hopefully 1981 is not another Christian’s Inferno 🥴). 
And I expect Coma City to be a fast banging start of side 2, like EJN on 21CB. 

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Or song, maybe you meant socks. They are the short white ankle socks girls wore with loafers or saddle shoes and big skirts. They called them Bobby Soxers.

Yes I meant sock

22 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

It was a more general term for certain types of music fans

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_soxer_(music)&ved=2ahUKEwjQvJyC1JGCAxXsFlkFHVv7C-0QFnoECCYQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3rdCvLyUtgvAvCnufGOC4g

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m so fucking happy to get a proper 180 grams release on Vinyl. Hopefully this means the days of crappy pressing are over. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HAPPY ZOMBIE UNICORN said:

I’m so fucking happy to get a proper 180 grams release on Vinyl. Hopefully this means the days of crappy pressing are over. 

Here’s hoping that the 140g vinyls is just as good as the 180g in terms of sound quality 🤞 couldn’ resist the clear pink vinyl 😅

• Like 1