New album - Saviors - Out January 19th

AnonymWarnerGermany

6 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Jason sang on that too? He didn't get any vocal credit on the album though

He definitely sang on rusty James wild one remember green day basically made him the 4th member then there was some backlash from fans saying green day should stay a trio so jason went back to being a touring member but he played on 21st century and the trilogy he even got to be on the cover of the Quatro DVD 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ekim said:

He definitely sang on rusty James wild one remember green day basically made him the 4th member then there was some backlash from fans saying green day should stay a trio so jason went back to being a touring member but he played on 21st century and the trilogy he even got to be on the cover of the Quatro DVD 

Jason wasn’t on 21st Jason Freese was but not Jason White 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

I believe the autograph is a indie store exclusive I got mine from a store in Texas called Waterloo Records 

I ordered the red RevRad vinyl and mine came with the skips they sent me a replacement and it came warped and still skipped so I just left it alone I have 2 fucked up copies of RevRad 

Were they live guns tho? They could just be fake rubber or plastic guns 

Yeah I had the one that skipped. Only on the first track though.

When they sent my replacement I kept it sealed and never opened it.

Just now, GDFan2019 said:

Although we haven’t heard the studio version yet

Was nothing interesting about the live version but. Felt like the filler on the Trilogy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, luketrebilliemike said:

Yeah I’m glad there’s some positive stuff from it, I haven’t seen anyone too majorly upset. Apart from some people who only likes old green day and some people who hate anything that Americans  do. 

the Irish issue is a controversial topic with a lot of history, so it’s risky, but at least it isn’t playing it to safe like the rev rad cover. 

legally do you need permission? Isn’t it just the photographer you need to credit?  Though it’s a nice courtesy. I see the Belfast Telegraph are trying to find out who the boy is. 

The kid on the Nirvana cover sued them years later for unauthorized use of his image. Yeah they don’t know who the boy is and don’t want him turning up after the fact wanting a cut of the album profits. Today’s technology makes it easy to remove his likeness so no future worries 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Greenday_Aussie said:

Was nothing interesting about the live version but. Felt like the filler on the Trilogy.

You could be right that it's more of a filler song, but then again if it's as short as when played live it would barely be two minutes long. I love Nimrod, but there's some songs on there that you could consider filler. In the context of the album I wouldn't, but I'm making the argument that you *could*.

Personally, I think 1981 could be quite a fun sounding song with catchy instrumentals, particularly Mike's bass work looks like it could be really cool. However, regardless of whether you will end up liking it or not, I don't think it's fair to judge the song until they've either 1) played it live without screwing up or 2) released the song officially. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

The kid on the Nirvana cover sued them years later for unauthorized use of his image. Yeah they don’t know who the boy is and don’t want him turning up after the fact wanting a cut of the album profits. Today’s technology makes it easy to remove his likeness so no future worries 

lol this guy make hundred of pictures and parody of this cover while growing up but he decided one day that he needed money.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, luketrebilliemike said:

Yeah I’m glad there’s some positive stuff from it, I haven’t seen anyone too majorly upset. Apart from some people who only likes old green day and some people who hate anything that Americans  do. 

the Irish issue is a controversial topic with a lot of history, so it’s risky, but at least it isn’t playing it to safe like the rev rad cover. 

legally do you need permission? Isn’t it just the photographer you need to credit?  Though it’s a nice courtesy. I see the Belfast Telegraph are trying to find out who the boy is. 

In the UK for modern commercial photography you would need a waiver from the subject, but given that the photograph is 40+ years old, they don't know who the person is, and been reproduced in commercial work by the photographer himself I wouldn't think that is the reason. 

I'd guess they just did it to cover themselves, or for aesthetic reasons. Dude wasn't good looking enough. 

I'd be interested to hear from the photographer TBH to get his take on it.

40 minutes ago, Flashback said:

"New year, new sounds! Saviors drops Jan. 19, 2024, seemingly continuing the three-year tradition of dropping an album on years ending in four".  😂 

• Like 1

Does anyone know what the difference between the regular CD and the «indie CD» is?

2 minutes ago, ThranaM said:

Does anyone know what the difference between the regular CD and the «indie CD» is?

Indie exclusive is signed by the band

• Surprised 1

So does anyone know if for sure they're just completely on Warner now? Or still Reprise? 

I noticed on Qobuz that TADIKM single has been put out just by Warner records....

But the preorder for the whole album still lists it as being by Reprise...

🤔

16 minutes ago, fatherotti said:

So does anyone know if for sure they're just completely on Warner now? Or still Reprise? 

I noticed on Qobuz that TADIKM single has been put out just by Warner records....

But the preorder for the whole album still lists it as being by Reprise...

🤔

From the little we know about the album it looks like they're probably releasing everything on their own label, and licensing it back to WMG for marketing and distribution. 

They are no longer signed to Reprise / WMG. 

This is how Foo Fighters release - Grohl's own Roswell records owns the music outright and licenses it to RCA.

Edited by Saviour
  • Like 1
  • Surprised 1

26 minutes ago, BrendanL said:

Indie exclusive is signed by the band

That’s what I thought.

my local record shop, in a small town of the west coast ofNnorway, is getting the indie cd version. Fucking stoked!

• Surprised 2

3 minutes ago, Saviour said:

From the little we know about the album it looks like they're probably releasing everything on their own label, and licensing it back to WMG for marketing and distribution. 

They are no longer signed to Reprise / WMG. 

This is how Foo Fighters release - Grohl's own Roswell records owns the music outright and licenses it to RCA.

That makes sense. Green Day makes the music and they have Warner do all the heavy lifting in terms of marketing and getting the music out to the masses. And after all that is said and done, Warner still gets a nice cut from that deal. Pretty cool they're no longer bound to Warner. Maybe now they can actually reissue the pre Dookie material the proper way. 😁 Without any pesky label issues from Lookout or Warner. And they can continue to release all that stuff in the vault. ☺️

5 hours ago, luketrebilliemike said:

Green Day: Saviors front cover puts Belfast riot front and centre https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-67214006

Northern Ireland's punk scene- specifically The Undertones and Stiff Little Fingers- has undoubtedly been a huge influence on the band throughout their entire career. A lot of the bands coming out of that region during The Troubles had the "pop punk" sound thirty years before it blew up. See Rudi- When I Was Dead, Stiff Little Fingers- Just Fade Away, The Undertones- Really Really. I recall BJA in an interview saying The Undertones' self titled provided inspiration for Uno.  Will be interesting to see if that is present on the album given the cover artwork.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

So i emailed the photographer and the reply said they changed it on the advice of Magnum, the photograph company.

i am assuming as the boy’s name was never taken so he is anonymous so they cant clear using his exact image ..

22 minutes ago, teenagekicks said:

Northern Ireland's punk scene- specifically The Undertones and Stiff Little Fingers- has undoubtedly been a huge influence on the band throughout their entire career. A lot of the bands coming out of that region during The Troubles had the "pop punk" sound thirty years before it blew up. See Rudi- When I Was Dead, Stiff Little Fingers- Just Fade Away, The Undertones- Really Really. I recall BJA in an interview saying The Undertones' self titled provided inspiration for Uno.  Will be interesting to see if that is present on the album given the cover artwork.

I dont know much about Stiff Little Fingers but i always thought (and this is a weird observation) that BJA stands onstage and physically sings like their lead singer.

• Like 2

I forgot to mention, I'm actually pretty happy OEB is on the tracklist as I really really liked the chorus. Hopefully they've changed it up a bit so the rest of it is better

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, pouty bitch said:

I forgot to mention, I'm actually pretty happy OEB is on the tracklist as I really really liked the chorus. Hopefully they've changed it up a bit so the rest of it is better

For sure they took out that droning piano and reverb. That had Butch Walker written all over it!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Plot twist - Saviors is just extra songs from the Trilogy era (Billie wrote hundreds) repackaged in a hard hitting political shell and now we all love the sound/songs 

12 hours ago, Maddie86 said:

I hope Fancy Sauce is a beautiful ballad with a title that's meant to throw people off, maybe they named it that because there's a fancy orchestra on it

This is what I came here to say! What if Fancy Sauce is a gut wrenching ballad ala WMUWSE disguised as a joke track because of the silly title?

• Like 1