New album - Saviors - Out January 19th

AnonymWarnerGermany

I think this single will be very successful on rock radio and will be another number 1 from them. I feel the album will go number 1 again and…just a feeling…the song Father to Son….mentioned in the album write ups can and will be a crossover hit like 21 Guns/Blvd./Wake Me Up/When I Come Around/Good Riddance…also expect Grammy wins…we should pay attention to video view numbers of TADIKM and chart placement on rock radio as a indicator of how successful this era will be…Insomniac/21st Century Breakdown level in my opinion as far as success goes…remember before AI Insomniac was their 2nd highest selling and reviewed album…and I believe is their 3rd biggest selling album behind Dookie and AI.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

It feels like a continuation of some themes on 21CB but no

I feel like it's a continuation of back in the usa era

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

Pre-ordered my limited edition vinyl - excited for this era looking forward to something new

Which one did you get? I went with this one.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jengd said:

1234Go just posted they had put more pink vinyl up on site.

THANK YOU SO MUCH I JUST SAW THIS AND ORDERED IT!!! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

I got that one too - awesome colorway, and the most limited

That’s also the one I got and I feel really psyched about it. Out of all the variants that came out I’m glad I went with that one 😊

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

Off topic but I thought you were leaving. You made a big enough deal about it

• Haha 1

"Saviors is an invitation into Green Day’s brain, their collective spirit as a band, and an understanding of friendship, culture and legacy of the last 30 plus years. It's raw and emotional. Funny and disturbing. It’s a laugh at the pain, weep in the happiness kind of record. Honesty and vulnerability. What is Saviors about, you ask? Power pop, punk, rock, indie triumph. disease, war, inequality, influencers, yoga retreats, alt right, dating apps, masks, MENTAL HEALTH, climate change, oligarchs, social media division, free weed, fentanyl, fragility,,.. What would Andy Warhol do? What would John Waters do? What would Quentin Tarantino do? What would GREEN DAY do? "

This description makes me very hopeful. It sounds like what I was hoping they'd write about in 2020 and the lead up to that election, as opposed to the death party direction that FOAM took. I can't wait for the release!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

Which one did you get? I went with this one.

I got the other one not the same one you got.

I dont know why but I didnt like that one you got. It looked a bit like a tie dye shirt.

• Like 1

I hope Fancy Sauce is a beautiful ballad with a title that's meant to throw people off, maybe they named it that because there's a fancy orchestra on it

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Liam said:

Off topic but I thought you were leaving. You made a big enough deal about it

I think there was a point about remaining on topic. I believe that would apply to everyone would it not? 

But to verify is there an issue with me posting on topic posts in threads? Sorry but the comment seems kinda out there. Not sure what you’re trying to convey.

to remain on topic I’m excited for the album nonetheless. 

music video was cool and the artwork is something different and actually real artwork.

• Like 2

I’d gone with the vinyl but after the multiple copies of RevRad that was fucked up I had to exchange won’t do that anymore 

17 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

Pre ordered the autographed cd 

I didnt see that on the store. I just saw the regular cd there. 

Just now, WhiteTim said:

I’d gone with the vinyl but after the multiple copies of RevRad that was fucked up I had to exchange won’t do that anymore 

I had one of those fucked up ones

25 minutes ago, Maddie86 said:

I hope Fancy Sauce is a beautiful ballad with a title that's meant to throw people off, maybe they named it that because there's a fancy orchestra on it

I think this is the product of the look ma no hands trick

Just now, ekim said:

Could be this one 

It says #2 but look ma no brains is the second track on saviors 

Just now, Sheenius said:

The brother song to all by myself?

Perhaps or it could also be goodnight adeline

4 minutes ago, ekim said:

https://youtu.be/n_Y6AQZmBVs?si=45IPwBUIXxrlBdoA probably just a coincidence but the car on this fake green day song looks like the one featured on the new album cover 

This was determined to be a pitched version of another song. Forgot the original artist…anyone?

Also it’s not the same car. That video has a Mustang. The ‘Saviors’ cover is not a Mustang.