New album - Saviors - Out January 19th

AnonymWarnerGermany

23 minutes ago, farley drexel hatcher said:

I saw a post earlier with all the exclusive versions of the vinyl on it but now can’t find it, anyone know what page it’s on?

p.11

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DookieLukie said:

The autographed CDs being in multiple stores makes me worried it’s not a legit autograph but instead printed.

They’ll be real signatures bro. Green Day are hardly the first artist to do signed copies for indie exclusive. The question is, will it be a signed insert card or the booklet itself - I hope it’s the booklet for display purposes. That’s what Taylor Swift did with Folklore

• Like 2

Well, a Green Day album coming out on my birthday will be fun! January is shaping up to be great with the new Alkaline Trio album the week after. 15 songs is great, I understand why artists gravitate towards shorter 10 song albums these days but for my favourites I prefer the longer albums. I've signed up to the UK presale on the website and also preordered the album too, so I'm assuming that both those presales will be separate like last time in the FOAM era.

• Like 1

I hope they don't change anything in OEB. 

Even this pre-mix sounds very appropriate to the song.

Judging by the single, the entire album will sound quite bright. A brighter overall tone than that of the same revrad and foam. This is not suitable for OEB

IMHO

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Vladonutyj said:

I hope they don't change anything in OEB. 

Even this pre-mix sounds very appropriate to the song.

Judging by the single, the entire album will sound quite bright. A brighter overall tone than that of the same revrad and foam. This is not suitable for OEB

IMHO

I mean they have to change the guitar riff so it's not a blatant rip off of So What

Also they need to produce the song to fit with the rest of the album. It sounds way too close to FOAMF

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I mean they have to change the guitar riff so it's not a blatant rip off of So What

Also they need to produce the song to fit with the rest of the album. It sounds way too close to FOAMF

The riff still doesn't exactly copy Pink. 

And the sound is foamy only because of the mixing, since the title track, like OEB, was mixed by Chris Dugan

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rev said:

Billie Joe's dog leaked me the file, we're buds.

Lenny is a legend though.

I put him on my sign for hella mega, and while he didn't get me on stage (I think cause I was technically on the floor), he did get me a pick from Mike that was walked over specifically for me by a security guard (who funnily enough was also named Lenny), and a huge laugh from Billie. My friend found a video of it after the show. Billie was little bowing down to me. And then Mike recognized me at the next show! 

It was actually really funny because Jakob was there that night and I got on the Jumbotron. So I go and DM ultra q after (they know who I am) asking if he saw me on the Jumbotron, and Jakob said "maybe, you'll never know." Which is definitely yes. I finally got to bring it up to him when I saw them in June and he totally forgot about it lol. But I did get confirmation that he did indeed see me,

I know this was very off topic, but I love telling these stories. I am determined to get on stage next time. I got noticed a ton when I had my account, so I know how to get their  attention. I just need to be in the right place (and make sure they don't see a cute little kid first).

• Like 1

I found 17 stores selling the autographed CD, but unfortunately none of them ship to Italy. Would any kind American fans be willing to purchase the autographed CD and sending it our way? Of course we'd cover all the shipping costs and could send you some Green Day goodies from Italy in return. Let us know :) 

Not sure if this has been posted here yet but this new single today and the way this album is being talked about…I’m STOKED!! :runaround:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, steve46 said:

The one in the US store is black with pink font. The one in the EU/store shows black/pink dotted cover.

I ordered the cd and it says the CDs may change in appearance.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I feel like FOAMF seems like an even weirder part of their discography with the context of these songs.

That's what I was thinking. Granted, we've only heard one (official) song from the new album, but it feels much more in line with the direction they were going for with Revolution Radio than anything they gave us with Father of All. Honestly at this point, as much as I do enjoy FOAM, I think it should've been a side project.

Of course then they wouldn't have anything for Hella Mega and they probably wouldn't bring Butch Walker in, so it wouldn't even be FOAM anymore lol

• Like 1

That album cover, is it some famous photo that I don't know about, or is it a photo made specifically for this cover? I'm asking because I heard people comment on how the kid's face has been changed?

6 hours ago, The Grohl said:

Fancy Sauce ....That's the song I'm dying to hear

Surprising that a song with such an unserious title is last. I can't get over the fact that it's the closer. Like what the fuck is fancy sauce? Wondering if we have another all by myself on our hands...

Billie did say he was writing some comedic music. Unless that was the Network stuff. There's no way this is a serious song. It has to be some goofy shit. I refuse to believe that a song called fancy sauce could be anything but a joke.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, greenday.stuff said:

I wouldn't say top three. I think you may be putting your expectations a little too high here. I think that it's going to be great and their best in a long time, but when you're a band that already has so many iconic albums in the place in their career that they're at now, there's no way that they're going to surpass their most popular work. Especially when you factor in nostalgia. Look at the Foo Fighters' most recent album! Absolutely fantastic on every level, but nobody is streaming those songs more than their biggest hits. Saviors isn't going to hit Dookie, American Idiot, or Nimrod level. The closest thing we should be comparing it to is 21st century breakdown. I still don't think it will be as big as that one, but it could get pretty close. They were still riding off of American Idiot's success. But I do feel like we are going to be on the same level quality wise. I really do think that this album is going to be huge though. 

And I do agree, the music video was absolutely insane. Best one from them in a very long time. It has so much character. I love how cinematic it is. The Baxleys absolutely kill everything they do. They did the dookie stage props last week too! I'm so glad they chose them to direct.

I think we can maybe expect a RevRad type commercial success. Probably not in terms of album sales as people don't really buy albums anymore but in terms of streaming and radio singles maybe. For sure I think it will be better than FOAMF in terms of success (despite Butch Walker's claim that that was the most successful GD album since AI lol). FOAMF really hasn't done well in terms of album sales, singles or streaming. I honestly can't see this album reaching 21CB levels of success. 21 Guns is just way too big of a single and I don't think Green Day will ever reach that level again. None of the songs we have heard, which are probably the songs most likely to be released as singles, seem like songs that will be huge singles imo.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Red Lights Flash said:

That album cover, is it some famous photo that I don't know about, or is it a photo made specifically for this cover? I'm asking because I heard people comment on how the kid's face has been changed?

I gave a brief explanation back on page 16.

4 minutes ago, Maddie86 said:

The Quentin Tarantino part of the album description makes me wonder if they're gunna drop an n-bomb in some of the lyrics 😂 #21stcenturybreakdownvibes 

Maybe just nude feet!

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Red Lights Flash said:

Some info here https://flashbak.com/northern-ireland-in-1978-photographing-the-troubles-445133/

1 minute ago, Tomcat20 said:

You guys still think this is a rock opera?

I don’t.  I think there may be links between songs or certain themes may repeat or be revisited though.

• Like 3