New album - Saviors - Out January 19th

AnonymWarnerGermany

I don't see them releasing OEB without changing the Pink guitar riff. If they do keep it in, they're gonna have to credit the songwriters of that song. But I don't like how the band keep doing that. Write the damn guitar riffs, stop using other people's

I still maintain that 1981 could be a good track with good production. That repetitive chorus won't bother me if it actually sounds decent, as long as the rest of the album isn't super repetitive too. AI and 21CB have their repetitive moments but these moments are quite few and far between

16 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Okay it’s just a $15 risk so I ordered one. I trust you guys

Edit: the order confirmation I got does say it’s autographed so very cool

Just did the same 🤞🤞!

• Like 1

greenday.com will probably be updated soon? 
It's weird.

• Like 1

Also got the autographed CD.
Will be glad to finally have one from the other guys, and not just Billie

Seriously though, thoughts on the meaning of the artwork and ‘Saviors’ in quotes? I’m not familiar with the photo.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paola17 said:

Also got the autographed CD.
Will be glad to finally have one from the other guys, and not just Billie

Where I can buy this?

I wonder if Fever and DJD made it under different names.     Oh, and we didn't forget all you guys that were saying "One Eye ain't on the album, One Eye ain't on the album, no way One Eye is on the way, etc".    We haven't forgot and we're sending zombies your way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, DookieLukie said:

Seriously though, thoughts on the meaning of the artwork and ‘Saviors’ in quotes? I’m not familiar with the photo.

The photo is a pretty famous one of a young boy during a riot in Belfast from the height of the troubles but the boy has been changed.  I am sure someone else will give you more details.  The quotes, I am guessing is to query whether they are our saviours or not, or alternatively, in line with the American Dream not being all it's cracked up to be for many, then the supposed saviours could be church/religion or leader, political or otherwise.  As with the best of Green Day (to me) it's ambiguous, you are to take your own meaning from it.

• Like 2

I expect OEB to be radically different from what we have heard because the opening riff sounds similar to TADIKM and I hope the lyrics are better ;)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Khaleesi. said:

I love all the little details they’re putting out. :happy: 

7ADFCEBF-03D9-4FCF-9578-538322E6A10E.jpeg

Honestly, if I didn’t know any better, I would have assumed this was a track list you created. 😛 

Bobby Sox, Suzy Chapstick, that's some goofy stuff.  I'm most excited to hear Father to a son.

2 minutes ago, jengd said:

The photo is a pretty famous one of a young boy during a riot in Belfast from the height of the troubles but the boy has been changed.  I am sure someone else will give you more details.  The quotes, I am guessing is to query whether they are our saviours or not, or alternatively, in line with the American Dream not being all it's cracked up to be for many, then the supposed saviours could be church/religion or leader, political or otherwise.  As with the best of Green Day (to me) it's ambiguous, you are to take your own meaning from it.

Really, Saviors, especially with the quotes, reminds me of Heroes & Cons. People who are portrayed as Heroes but are actually just conmen. 21CB vibes are real

• Like 4

3 hours ago, jengd said:

That cover is problematic in the Uk.  Yes, the boy has been altered but I would predict poor t-shirt sales with that, it’s a well know picture from a time we’re all trying to recover from. 🥹🥹

That's probably the point.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, DookieLukie said:

Did the UK pretend they were saving Ireland during the troubles?

OMG please don't open up that wound again.  As always, two sides to every argument and lots of grey.  Bad things happened in many places.

Just now, M1KEY said:

That's probably the point.

You could well be right.  I'm sure it's not accidental.

• Like 1

Just now, jengd said:

OMG please don't open up that wound again.  As always, two sides to every argument and lots of grey.  Bad things happened in many places.

Sorry I’m just honestly not familiar.