New album - Saviors - Out January 19th

AnonymWarnerGermany

It hasn't been a long time since the concert happened, so it takes time to add the whole thing. but no, the whole album wasn't played front 2 back, the typical hella mega setlist made some kinda return according to the current save

4 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/green-day/2024/the-theater-atvirgin-hotels-las-vegas-nv-baf6902.html

They played a private concert in Vegas last night and they only played The American Dream is Killing Me. Strange, I thought they’d play the new album front to back at an event like this

Oh wait mb, I get it now!! I thought you referred to the setlist only having that overall, but turns out you meant that it was the only saviors song in the set lol

8 hours ago, paperlanterns22 said:

Vigilante side-kicks, 😄   I am seeing Green Day running around dressed as Robin....but who would be the Batman?   Foo Fighters???  Not a terrible review, although I'm so sick of FOAM hate and Idiot love it makes me brain explode.   3/5 ain't bad from a non Green Day fanatic.    Probably like most people, she feels that Dookie and Idiot are amaze-balls and the rest sucks. 

I've written a partial review and I'm really kind of stressed about the listening party.   Gotta drop off my son in one city, do the listening party in another and then see my girlfriend in another.  It's going to be tricky but I think I can pull it off.    Son will be with his mom at 1ish.   Listening party at 4pm, and then to girlfriend after.  But how long is the listening party?  Hopefully it's 1 hour and bounce.  

2 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Vigilante side-kicks, 😄   I am seeing Green Day running around dressed as Robin....but who would be the Batman?   Foo Fighters???  Not a terrible review, although I'm so sick of FOAM hate and Idiot love it makes me brain explode.   3/5 ain't bad from a non Green Day fanatic.    Probably like most people, she feels that Dookie and Idiot are amaze-balls and the rest sucks. 

I've written a partial review and I'm really kind of stressed about the listening party.   Gotta drop off my son in one city, do the listening party in another and then see my girlfriend in another.  It's going to be tricky but I think I can pull it off.    Son will be with his mom at 1ish.   Listening party at 4pm, and then to girlfriend after.  But how long is the listening party?  Hopefully it's 1 hour and bounce.  

You’re working on a review 🤔🤔 when you contacted Warner wtf happened? Lol!!

• Like 1

Just now, Train27 said:

You’re working on a review 🤔🤔 when you contacted Warner wtf happened? Lol!!

They haven't responded yet, and I've only written about the singles so far.  And 1981, it probably sounds exactly like what we've heard.   I do have the 19th off work so I can grab at least two copies of the album. 😉

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, That Dude said:

They haven't responded yet, and I've only written about the singles so far.  And 1981, it probably sounds exactly like what we've heard.   I do have the 19th off work so I can grab at least two copies of the album. 😉

You’re the best my man!!! I can’t believe I ACTUALLY predicted the release date! 😂🤣😂

I never win ANYTHING! I never thought I’d win a GREEN DAY CD!!!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Train27 said:

You’re the best my man!!! I can’t believe I ACTUALLY predicted the release date! 😂🤣😂

I never win ANYTHING! I never thought I’d win a GREEN DAY CD!!!

Congratulations again! You are the main reason I asked for the day off. Going to get your copy in the mail first thing in the morning, then get my review out, then picking up my kiddo and see what Gen Alpha thinks of Saviors.  His favorite is Look Ma and One Eye but he likes the others too.   

He does ask for Queen and Tenacious D sometimes when listening to Green Day, but that's okay.   Gotta change things up sometimes. 😄 

Saviors is coming soon!!!

So Saviours is likely to be the single on release day right? I can't picture the title track not being a single

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

So Saviours is likely to be the single on release day right? I can't picture the title track not being a single

Maybe Father to a Son.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Congratulations again! You are the main reason I asked for the day off. Going to get your copy in the mail first thing in the morning, then get my review out, then picking up my kiddo and see what Gen Alpha thinks of Saviors.  His favorite is Look Ma and One Eye but he likes the others too.   

He does ask for Queen and Tenacious D sometimes when listening to Green Day, but that's okay.   Gotta change things up sometimes. 😄 

Saviors is coming soon!!!

I am so excited man!! How old is the kiddo? My son is 2 years old and he will be coming with me Saturday to the album release party! My son doesn’t necessarily have a favorite but whenever the boys are on TV and I ask my boy “Who are they?” He says “Gr-gr-Green Day!” I’m a proud father of a future Idiot for sure! 

‘Saviors’ is coming VERY soon!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

I can see Saviors being one of the last singles, maybe next year if not late this year

Yeah, pretty much every title track atm has been a single:
warning
american idiot
21st century breakdown
revrad
and father of all
so it's fair that the next title track should be released as a single

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The 99th revolution said:

Yeah, pretty much every title track atm has been a single:
warning
american idiot
21st century breakdown
revrad
and father of all
so it's fair that the next title track should be released as a single

Also, a couple weeks ago, someone pointed out that Brain Stew was actually originally called Insomniac, which would’ve made it too a title track

• Like 2
  • Surprised 1

11 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I can see Saviors being one of the last singles, maybe next year if not late this year

Next year? Have they ever released a single that far after an album before?

• Like 1

iirc, brain stew/jaded was released 1996 so inbetween insomniac and nimrod

2 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Also, a couple weeks ago, someone pointed out that Brain Stew was actually originally called Insomniac, which would’ve made it too a title track

and yes, that's fair enough considering I just mentioned its release as a single w/ jaded

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Train27 said:

I am so excited man!! How old is the kiddo? My son is 2 years old and he will be coming with me Saturday to the album release party! My son doesn’t necessarily have a favorite but whenever the boys are on TV and I ask my boy “Who are they?” He says “Gr-gr-Green Day!” I’m a proud father of a future Idiot for sure! 

‘Saviors’ is coming VERY soon!!!

5 years old. It's gotten so much easier since 2, 😄 

12 minutes ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

Next year? Have they ever released a single that far after an album before?

Yes, Nimrod and Idiot had singles a year or more after the album.   

Somebody said that reddit has Bobby Sox lyrics but I can't find them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, That Dude said:

5 years old. It's gotten so much easier since 2, 😄 

Yes, Nimrod and Idiot had singles a year or more after the album.   

Somebody said that reddit has Bobby Sox lyrics but I can't find them.

The only Nimrod single released a year or more after the album I can remember is nice guys. I think redundant released 98. And yes american idiot had holiday, september and jesus of suburbia released in 2005.

As for the bobby sox lyrics, the closest I can find is the "zombie date" lyrics in the billboard italy review that was recently posted here.

• Like 1

Lyric spoilers ahead, be warned.

Bonny Sox lyrically is like 1981 and Look Ma - simple, and kind of stupid (in a good way).   The instrumental is probably similar to those songs as well.  Very Ramones like with cemeteries and such.   

Seems like a ton of the lyrics are from different perspectives.  Not a lot of Billie's personal stuff, but it's there. 

2 minutes ago, alecandstuff said:

awOW0Ln.jpg

Bobby Sox lyrics

2 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Bonny Sox lyrically is like 1981 and Look Ma - simple, and kind of stupid (in a good way).   The instrumental is probably similar to those songs as well.  Very Ramones like with cemeteries and such.   

JESUS CHRIST GUYS!!! You’re gonna get this place shut down!!!

I don't think bobby sox is lyrically like 1981 imo, yes they're both about some relationship but 1981 is more themed around war and communism (She is a cold war in my head / and I am east Berlin / ... / Pain, commies and cocaine) while bobby sox is just some sort of generic love song with elements of that death/cemetery theme thing

3 minutes ago, That Dude said:

I'm hyped as well, but imo I'm better off just being patient for my saviors cd to arrive. no offense tho lol

• Like 2

If these are the goodies I don't care how cold it is outside I'm getting to the listening party early dammit! I want Saviors swag!!!

• Haha 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, The 99th revolution said:

I'm hyped as well, but imo I'm better off just being patient for my saviors cd to arrive. no offense tho lol

Most of us are as patient as a one eyed bastard who wants his money.     Patience isn't a friend of mine / rushing is sweeter than wine / i never asked for a goshdang leak / get on your keyboards and give me the whole thing

Bada bing bada boom bada bing bada boooooom

• Like 1