New album - Saviors - Out January 19th

AnonymWarnerGermany

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

And around the same time as the leak, Billie posted a photo of graffiti art of the One Eyed Bastard guy!!! Coincidence? I think not!!!!!!!!!

where's an image of that

nvm, found it

1 hour ago, DeJennsitized said:

Wow, 6.30am in the UK and you Americans have sold out the signed CDs from the UK store 😅 ah well!

Damn, all gone by the time I woke up and looked at 7.00!  😭

• Sad 4

I was lucky to see the Insta post about the signed CD the minute they posted it so nabbed it straight away (without even thinking about looking at anything else)

By the time I checked back a few mins later they were all sold out

(This was the Australia store)

Pretty chuffed, I don't recall them ever doing this kind of thing before. The only autographed item I have is a postcard from when I wrote into the OLD idiot club in the 90s

Edit: I guess the reason for them doing it globally is to get back into the charts, you don't have to sell that many albums these days to make it so they probably decided on a good amount of preorders per region. Though selling out in just a few minutes makes you think there weren't a lot available 

• Like 2

signed cds?

i missed it 🥲

guess i will get my copy at my local store again then :)

How many of those signed CDs end up being sold on eBay "for charity"?

I'm not jealous, you're jealous

• Haha 1

I didn't even see the email until it was too late 😔

A few record stores near me will have it so I'll try around then 😮‍💨

I saw there were signed albums available about an hour after they went on sale. 
Well, guess we have to wait and see if we can get one at the nearby shop.

Does anybody know if the japanese version of Saviors with the bonus track is available for preorder?

4 hours ago, Suicide Commando said:

I'm loving everything about this Record! 4 bangers out  and 11 more to come 

12! Dont forget "Fever"

14 minutes ago, TrillieGD said:

12! Dont forget "Fever"

Why is that only a Japan exclusive? Hopefully they'll eventually release it here

• Like 1

Here's a working link for the iHeart Radio exclusive White vinyl variant (the 23rd by now?). Limited to 1000. They give away 200 for free in the first week(s) of release to random listeners (I guess).

https://store.greenday.com/en/saviors-lt-ed-iheart-exclusive-white-vinyl-lp/093624849308.html?ref=https%3A%2F%2Fq1043.iheart.com%2F

• Like 1

So sad I missed out on the Spotify exclusive one, I think that’s been the prettiest vinyl so far. Hopefully I can snag one on Discogs. The tricolor split looks nice too!

Saviors has a BIG ROCK GUITAR SOUND, but I can't pick out any music that it sounds like in particular.   Did Green Day just inspire themselves with their own music?   I love what I'm hearing but can't help but feel bad about the world's response to the rest of their catalogue.   What would Green Day being doing if every album had massive success like Dookie and American Idiot.    How would their trajectory change if all 13 of their previous albums sold mega millions?    Interesting to think about.   

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Saviors has a BIG ROCK GUITAR SOUND, but I can't pick out any music that it sounds like in particular.   Did Green Day just inspire themselves with their own music?   I love what I'm hearing but can't help but feel bad about the world's response to the rest of their catalogue.   What would Green Day being doing if every album had massive success like Dookie and American Idiot.    How would their trajectory change if all 13 of their previous albums sold mega millions?    Interesting to think about.   

I think that was the point of this record, to be a tribute to all 13 previous albums. There are 15 tracks, so maybe 2 songs are tributes to FBHT and The Network, and then Fever could be a tribute to The Longshot.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Insomniac Nimrod Warning 21st Century Breakdown all sold multi platinum….21st Century sold i think the most for their first week sales for any album and won a Grammy…RevRad went #1 Kerplunk has gone platinum so they didn’t sell 85 million world wide with just Dookie and AI…their other albums sold well 

• Like 4

So logged on last night I put the signed copy in my cart went to pay and by the time I entered my info it was sold out I’m like the fuck I think a copy should be held for orders that’s in progress 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Surprised 1

How is American Dream explicit but Look Ma and One Eyed Bastard aren't?   Is the P word?