Green Day US summer stadium tour 2024 w/Smashing Pumpkins, Rancid, Linda Linda's

desertrose

6 minutes ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

Man, Cleveland got skipped over AGAIN. Just brutal. Will try for Cincinnati/Pittsburgh/Detroit.

So...I'm not thrilled about this being promoted as a "celebrating Dookie/AI tour". If there are three other bands on the bill either this means we probably won't get anything other than those albums + a few from Saviors? 

I'm very, very curious to see how this plays out, but I'm still bummed that they're basically doing Hella Mega again.

Andy doesn’t wanna see songs like Homecoming, In the End, FOD, Pulling Teeth, Give Me Novacaine, noted!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

Man, Cleveland got skipped over AGAIN. Just brutal. Will try for Cincinnati/Pittsburgh/Detroit.

So...I'm not thrilled about this being promoted as a "celebrating Dookie/AI tour". If there are three other bands on the bill either this means we probably won't get anything other than those albums + a few from Saviors? 

I'm very, very curious to see how this plays out, but I'm still bummed that they're basically doing Hella Mega again.

This doesn’t seem like Hella Mega honestly. This seems like a Green Day Tour 100%

• Like 1

Unlike Hella Mega, this one is actually coming to my city, and with (in my opinion) a better line-up. I'm sorry for the pain I'm about to put you through, wallet.

Personally, I'm more than okay with seeing AI and "Dookie" in full - just seems like a unique opportunity, regardless of set length. I definitely understand wanting a longer set, though.

Edited by blackplanet
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, blackplanet said:

Unlike Hella Mega, this one is actually coming to my city, and with (in my opinion) a better line-up. I'm sorry for the pain I'm about to put you through, wallet.

Personally, I'm more than okay with seeing AI and "Dookie" in full - just seems like a unique opportunity, regardless of set length. I definitely understand wanting a longer set, though.

If they actually play those albums in full, I'll be pumped, just don't know if that's the case yet.

• Like 1

They never come to South Carolina!  I can go to the Charlotte, NC show that is closer but the Pumpkins aren't playing that show.   Georgia is possible, with all four bands playing.  I like the Pumps, but this is a tough choice.    

So….what the hell will this set list be?? All Dookie then a mix next night AI then a mix like Weezer’s Pinkerton/Blue tour? Both albums in full with some Saviors? A mix? 

• Like 1

Setlist prediction:

Dookie in full

Assorted hits and songs from Saviors

American Idiot in full

Good Riddance to close.

• Like 2

Definitely in for Pittsburgh and I’m considering Toronto but I’d rather save my money for club shows if they happen.  Also, there’s a Citi card presale for my show (and likely others) that starts Tuesday if anyone has a Citi card. 

9 minutes ago, Lindsay said:

If the album is out in Jan and the first show of this tour isn't until May, I am really holding out hope there will be some spring club shows. Please... :lol: 

Yeah exactly I can't believe they're gonna be awol for 5 months

6 minutes ago, Lindsay said:

If the album is out in Jan and the first show of this tour isn't until May, I am really holding out hope there will be some spring club shows. Please... :lol: 

@Sanity Loan replied in another thread “they won’t be sitting around quiet [until summer]” in response to a similar post hoping for club shows.

as no club dates were announced today, I think the logical time to announce them would be right around the album release - maybe a month or so in advance - to build up hype & promote the record right before it comes out. That’s if they’re planning on doing a club run, which as I’ve said before, doesn’t make a ton of sense financially for the band at this point.

AI is 57 minutes plus Dookie over 30 so that’s an hour in a half if they play both albums full not sure how many songs they can fit in unless they do longer shows 

I moved to Nashville from Los Angeles in 2021, and they are finally coming here for the first time since 2009. 🎉🎉🎉

Edited by DJ Rosstar
  • Like 4

wow i'm disappointed with EU dates... not a single eastern european show. I guess Milan is the closest but that's still 5 hours from me :(

i hope they anounce additional ones

• Like 1

Austin is an amphitheater without Smashing Pumpkins. I would much prefer that but it’s a trip versus an easy show at home. Don’t know what to do

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, billy1986 said:

AI is 57 minutes plus Dookie over 30 so that’s an hour in a half if they play both albums full not sure how many songs they can fit in unless they do longer shows 

Billie also stops Letterbomb for 10 minutes, so we're up to an hour and 40 minutes now. 😆 

• Like 1

Okay, my BF and I are going to do Seattle. He's never seen them before so this actually might be a great show for him as a casual fan. :lol: 

Just going to aim for seats and then save my money for some hopeful club shows in the spring.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Austin is an amphitheater without Smashing Pumpkins. I would much prefer that but it’s a trip versus an easy show at home. Don’t know what to do

I am torn between a 2 hour drive without the Pumpkins or a 3 hour drive with them.   

No shot they play both AI and Dookie in full at every show - they’re welcome to prove me wrong - but I just don’t see it. I think they’ll be sticking with their 90 minute set time, which doesn’t leave enough time for both Dookie and Idiot, let alone some Saviors tracks or other hits.

My guess would be that we get the normal Dookie and Idiot hits, the same ones they’ve played live forever, and maybe rotate in a couple of deep cuts from each record on a night to night basis. Then a couple of saviors tracks, and some of their other big career hits. Three mini sets in one show, if you will

1 minute ago, BrendanL said:

No shot they play both AI and Dookie in full at every show - they’re welcome to prove me wrong - but I just don’t see it. I think they’ll be sticking with their 90 minute set time, which doesn’t leave enough time for both Dookie and Idiot, let alone some Saviors tracks or other hits.

Yeah I mean they already played AI, Holiday, BOBD, St.Jimmy, WMUWSE and JoS on last tour. That's 6 songs out of 13. It's a lot!
For Dookie they played Longview, Welcome to Paradise, WICA and Basket Case. That's less with 4 out of 14.

So when they say they're celebrating Dookie and American Idiot I'm wonderering what they means.

Definitely doing Philly since it’s on a Friday. Considering doing Citi Field despite it being on Monday, to bring my mother along. That way she can say she saw kpop and Green Day in the same venue with yours truly. 

I’m considering doing a weekend in Denver - I was just there and want to see more. But I’m also not opposed to doing San Francisco for my “out of the northeast” trip this tour. I want to avoid LA/SoFi as much as I can.

Edit: I guess I can consider Nashville too since it's on a Friday.

• Like 1