Green Day US summer stadium tour 2024 w/Smashing Pumpkins, Rancid, Linda Linda's

desertrose

Green Day just posted on insta can’t wait to get out on the road next year. 

So the only hope of a mini US club tour would be right before they ship off to Europe? Guess nothing planned in 2023.

10 minutes ago, nflsbest26 said:

Green Day just posted on insta can’t wait to get out on the road next year. 

So the only hope of a mini US club tour would be right before they ship off to Europe? Guess nothing planned in 2023.

A mini club tour in Europe might be more likely

I really hope Green Day does more shows than Hella mega. They only performed 2 legs, 29 shows between 2021-2022 (sure Covid cancelled a handful of shows)

Rev Rad was 8 legs, 120 shows!

Not sure if Green Day is scaling back but given how much time and effort has been spent on this album, hoping for a large scale world tour throughout 2024.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, nflsbest26 said:

I really hope Green Day does more shows than Hella mega. They only performed 2 legs, 29 shows between 2021-2022 (sure Covid cancelled a handful of shows)

Not sure if Green Day is scaling back but given how much time and effort has been spent on this album, hoping for a large scale world tour throughout 2024.  

I think they’re definitely scaling back. Stadium package tours are an example of what Billie meant when he said they wanted to do “more effective touring” going forward. It’s more efficient and physically easier to do fewer shows for bigger audiences. I think the days of 100+ shows a year traveling to every little town are over.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Tomcat20 said:

I hope we'll see Billie on stage again someday like we did a few years ago during the 21st CB World Tour. I loved Billie's stories between songs and have missed them ever since. What happened to those antics?

He got sober and ran out of drunk stories to tell 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I mean, I guess I like the hits for SP (Today, Bullet with Butterfly Wings, Tonight, Tonight), and Rancid (Time Bomb)

And it does make some sense that Smashing Pumpkins and Green Day are on the same set. They were pretty much the bands leading the pack for rock in the 90s after Nirvana was gone. (even during Insomniac where critics were basically calling Green Day a one trick pony)

Rancid, less so.

38 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

I mean, I guess I like the hits for SP (Today, Bullet with Butterfly Wings, Tonight, Tonight), and Rancid (Time Bomb)

And it does make some sense that Smashing Pumpkins and Green Day are on the same set. They were pretty much the bands leading the pack for rock in the 90s after Nirvana was gone. (even during Insomniac where critics were basicalky calling Green Day a one trick pony)

Rancid, less so.

In Rancid’s defence they’re a band that’s benefited from the test of time. They’ve been slow and steady and to be honest And Out Come The Wolves got solid airplay on MTV. 

Same with Indestructible. Even years after that album they got solid play on  tv stations on late nights. 

They’re not as big as the other two obviously but they’re still successful as hell. The Transplants success may have helped with that too. 

• Like 1

This Thursday I’m gonna guess a tour announcement with European intimate club shows then mid November back to North America for the CFL halftime show and a mini US club tour prior to Christmas? Then start back up in 2024 in EU/Uk before coming back to US for stadium tour. Fingers crossed

As much as I love the idea of them touring before Xmas I don't think it's gonna happen. I think the rest of the year is gonna be one of performances and then touring next year.

• Like 1

Wish they would add more Canadian dates in their tours. I can't afford to travel out of the country. Really really wish they would come to Halifax. Lots of other bands do, but not Green Day.

• Like 1

Rancid is cool but smashing pumpkins isn't a very good choice they should go with weezer or foos 

On 10/28/2023 at 12:48 PM, nflsbest26 said:

At the same time billie is about to turn 52 his vocals have sounded strained in recent shows maybe scaling back is a good idea 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lindsay said:

Of course the Canada shows are when I'm in Europe, go fucking figure. :lol: 

They're shit! Toronto and Montreal only.
Montreal is for the Osheaga festival... not even an arena. Tickets are so fucking expensive for this festival.
Since when they're not coming in Quebec City holy shit.

I had resigned myself to only two Canadian dates. I am also going to try and get tickets to Toronto! I am sick of not seeing this band. I'd like to change that, and see this band.

I think Canada dates are out for me but debating Seattle or San Fran. I really hate this lineup but it's been too long since I've seen them, and I might as well go somewhere I can be a tourist before/after. Sigh lol. Got my hopes up too high for club shows.

• Like 1

Man, Cleveland got skipped over AGAIN. Just brutal. Will try for Cincinnati/Pittsburgh/Detroit.

So...I'm not thrilled about this being promoted as a "celebrating Dookie/AI tour". If there are three other bands on the bill either this means we probably won't get anything other than those albums + a few from Saviors? 

I'm very, very curious to see how this plays out, but I'm still bummed that they're basically doing Hella Mega again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Malleus said:

I had resigned myself to only two Canadian dates. I am also going to try and get tickets to Toronto! I am sick of not seeing this band. I'd like to change that, and see this band.

Same I'm gonna buy Toronto even if Montreal is closer to me. But I really don't wanna go to Osheaga.
I'm gonna buy tickets for Toronto and see how I'm gonna get here lol

ngl the setlist should be amazing tho with Dookie and AI
Tour starting in May 2024. 
Still have hope for a small clubs tour lol

• Like 1