Green Day US summer stadium tour 2024 w/Smashing Pumpkins, Rancid, Linda Linda's

desertrose

18 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Wow I heard they were teens but had no idea they were that young! They're 17, 14, 13 and 11, that's crazy.

I thought they were a bit older. Wikipedia had the drummer at 14 and she's the youngest. Eh, whatevs. Either way they're crazy young and opening fricking STADIUMS. 

If they stick with it they'll be huge. 

16 hours ago, Undómiel said:

I thought they were a bit older. Wikipedia had the drummer at 14 and she's the youngest. Eh, whatevs. Either way they're crazy young and opening fricking STADIUMS. 

If they stick with it they'll be huge. 

Oh you're right I had just googled it and answer must've been out of date. They were born 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010. But they've been a band since 2018 so still crazy! So awesome and it's great that Green Day are still supporting the "all ages" thing after coming up at Gilman Street.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, Undómiel said:

Just had my mind absolutely blown at The Linda Lindas drummer still being in middle school/about to be a freshman. That's INSANE. 

Yeah same! Really cool to see that. Bright future.

On 8/19/2024 at 12:03 AM, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Chris Dugan?

Yes.   I'm a fellow Chris and we have a numbering system.  But I'm not sure what # Dugan is. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Montclare said:

I went to the Milwaukee show last night.  It was fine, but the Wrigley show was better.  There were at least 100, 150 maybe VIPs who got in before the GA crowd, so if you weren't VIP, it was almost impossible to make barricade.  I always go for the catwalk, but since I never get decent pics of Kevin, decided to go for the main stage since I viewed this show as my "bonus" concert.  Got second row behind a 18 ft tall guy, so not the best view.  I was also several rows to the side of the catwalk, so not the best pics of Billie either.  I was around mostly nice people, but a fight did break out behind me at one point and security also intervened with someone else who was causing problems.  I did meet the blue haired girl who got onstage at Wrigley during KYE.  She was behind me in line, so we became line buddies.

A few pics that turned out okay-

UmeUPby.jpg

I8bPRVz.jpg

fXuOzjT.jpg

ZZ0atls.jpg

mGZEe8n.jpg

Ht7mDh0.jpg

And once again, I prove myself queen of the Billie mid gum spit shot :lol:

BhppRXp.jpg

Catwalk only from this point on!  I didn't even get any pics of Kevin that were all that great.

I might have missed some messages, but I think this is the first I read about VIP getting in early and occupying all the good spots in the US leg of the tour.

You still got some really nice pictures and I'm glad you enjoyed the show regardless of the giant guy in front of you lol. And nice pics! The kid on stage singing KYE was a super cute moment.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Montclare said:

I went to the Milwaukee show last night.  It was fine, but the Wrigley show was better.  There were at least 100, 150 maybe VIPs who got in before the GA crowd, so if you weren't VIP, it was almost impossible to make barricade.  I always go for the catwalk, but since I never get decent pics of Kevin, decided to go for the main stage since I viewed this show as my "bonus" concert.  Got second row behind a 18 ft tall guy, so not the best view.  I was also several rows to the side of the catwalk, so not the best pics of Billie either.  I was around mostly nice people, but a fight did break out behind me at one point and security also intervened with someone else who was causing problems.  I did meet the blue haired girl who got onstage at Wrigley during KYE.  She was behind me in line, so we became line buddies.

A few pics that turned out okay

Catwalk only from this point on!  I didn't even get any pics of Kevin that were all that great.

Sorry you didn’t get such a great spot, but love the pics. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Montclare said:

A few pics that turned out okay-

Such a shame about the VIPs. I was hoping the US wasn't having to deal with that crap. They're fab photos though! Glad you had mostly nice people around you too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

These photos are still fantastic! But it sucks you had to deal with that crap, especially the guy in your way. I know he can't help it, but it still stinks. For it seems like no matter where I am I'm like a magnet for tall guys and they're always in front of me. It even happened at the Colbert taping. I could see the stage perfect and then the guys in front of me sat down :dry:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Montclare said:

I think you were right behind me. I was not the 18ft. tall guy (lmao) but the guy in the white cutoff Ramones shirt. We spoke, but didn’t realize you were also on GDC!

Agreed that the Chicago show was better. That’s not to say that anything was wrong with the Milwaukee show - I’ve seen plenty of comments from folks saying the Milwaukee show was the best concert they’ve ever seen - but when you’ve seen Green Day as many times as we have, certain shows just seem to have a special energy about them, something in the air, something intangible, and I think Chicago had that and Milwaukee did not. Still, the band sounded as good as ever. I believe their current live performance is the best since the 21st Century Breakdown Tour, which in my opinion, was the absolute peak Green Day live era. Billie’s range seems to be better than in recent years, and he’s hitting notes in some songs that literally made me say “wow” at the show. Whatever he’s doing to preserve his voice (Hershey cancellation notwithstanding), it’s working.

I’m sure we’ll see each other at another show in the future and I’ll have to introduce myself properly next time.

Someone already posted my video of Basket Case in the Milwaukee thread, so here’s American Idiot:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

So what I'm hearing you all say just adds to my theory that Green Day loves Chicago and we're actually their favorite city :lol:

Well, I'm happy to know that the Chicago one was one of the best of the tour! :D

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, BrendanL said:

I think you were right behind me. I was not the 18ft. tall guy (lmao) but the guy in the white cutoff Ramones shirt. We spoke, but didn’t realize you were also on GDC!

Agreed that the Chicago show was better. That’s not to say that anything was wrong with the Milwaukee show - I’ve seen plenty of comments from folks saying the Milwaukee show was the best concert they’ve ever seen - but when you’ve seen Green Day as many times as we have, certain shows just seem to have a special energy about them, something in the air, something intangible, and I think Chicago had that and Milwaukee did not. Still, the band sounded as good as ever. I believe their current live performance is the best since the 21st Century Breakdown Tour, which in my opinion, was the absolute peak Green Day live era. Billie’s range seems to be better than in recent years, and he’s hitting notes in some songs that literally made me say “wow” at the show. Whatever he’s doing to preserve his voice (Hershey cancellation notwithstanding), it’s working.

I’m sure we’ll see each other at another show in the future and I’ll have to introduce myself properly next time.

Someone already posted my video of Basket Case in the Milwaukee thread, so here’s American Idiot:

Quite possibly! The tall guy was to your right and wearing a green Saviors T-shirt? If so, hi! And sorry I bumped into you so many times. :lol:

• Like 1

Whatsername needs an official live release from this tour. Every performance has been incredible, and Billie might even sound better than on the studio version, particularly on the last verse.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, The Grohl said:

So what I'm hearing you all say just adds to my theory that Green Day loves Chicago and we're actually their favorite city :lol:

Well, I'm happy to know that the Chicago one was one of the best of the tour! :D

Been a fan for a long time and it seems they are always excited to play Chicago and play at Wrigley Field.

• Like 3

Pictures from last night 

50ddcd310e42bf3f6c70060ce51e64372314753b

3c223c79dbff7d1a368c31fd7fc4cc3065756902

d365f54af53c24c23f42a6f0d0b4a75496c9bb57

70c779f0a53eb94bc48ea06f4f5031b44f0d30e4

0315d11106374f4b6e78526a12154a8aa7526397

9a463bcbc2eb94cc09d7d2aef83ce6c0eaf3335e

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Pics from Charlotte from Green Day on Facebook 

ca81efaba08009a774ea21825ac6759d9b75f0d3

aed80735d44ac41aca3f4328fff4ee734e0a4878

850c97c1b1ae4bd94c464cd37d4c30154e5ce64a

f3f8ad9d769660f38e2c95398d438725e36f3fa9

0eced5de2c167961f7f43bc46bcb7e5a479638a0

504a41168b41bbceb7da9a8ce0eb762a5c49dc71

0e4fd74d974ee20153c51c59d4fbb2581ba25c89

a998d996c8ac9ece957648524992aef9773945cb

d0535f8c281bdb8496a258d6824b300d96caad2e

3639fad825244f9433e1a52346f2ea31c1b4bebd

815fed892facba715ef394eb706eb5090880aab2

504652d249d5ceedf449513112130e065a082812

3925431fd3aef6e376ab6bbb7c5cc25a7430b846

• Like 2

On 8/17/2024 at 11:25 AM, pacejunkie punk said:

Got an Instagram ad for Green Day tour merch on sale here:

https://www.storegreenday.com/

Hope it’s legit, I bought two tour shirts it will save me having to carry them around at the show. Maybe I’ll get them in time to wear one to my show. 

Can you believe I actually received two shirts today? They look like the official ones but they’re screened printed knockoffs. Not worth the price tag but close enough I’m not buying them again.  It was more than I was expecting to get anyway

• Like 2
  • Surprised 1

I know a few people have asked but I don't think anyone has replied but are the VIPs in the US being let into the venue early and are they being guided into the venue like they were in Manchester UK or is it  just a free for all where people are pushing and shoving like it was a regular GA line as happened at Wembley?

4 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I know a few people have asked but I don't think anyone has replied but are the VIPs in the US being let into the venue early and are they being guided into the venue like they were in Manchester UK or is it  just a free for all where people are pushing and shoving like it was a regular GA line as happened at Wembley?

The only VIPs that got in early in Pittsburgh were those that had the backstage tour first or the Smashing Pumpkins acoustic set. All the other VIPs (the one that just got merch and lounge access) got let in the same time the rest of us did

I love all of Billie's speeches during Letterbomb. I still think about the one he made in Rosemont on the 99 Revolutions tour. That one felt extra special because we were the kick off show for the tour post rehab. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, The Grohl said:

I love all of Billie's speeches during Letterbomb. I still think about the one he made in Rosemont on the 99 Revolutions tour. That one felt extra special because we were the kick off show for the tour post rehab. 

Well, now I'm watching the full show 😅

• Love 2

1 hour ago, CristhyneS said:

Well, now I'm watching the full show 😅

Damn, Brutal Love live 😭  :wub:

At least I can take comfort on the fact that even if I had wanted to (and I didn't), I couldn't have made it to that tour.

• Like 1

When do you expect an announcement about whether Green Day will be playing in Europe next year? It seems too late for a winter tour in 2024.