Green Day US summer stadium tour 2024 w/Smashing Pumpkins, Rancid, Linda Linda's

desertrose

5 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Poor Billie! I guess it's not surprising when he's giving it his all doing these super long setlists night after night, my voice was messed up from singing along at one show lol. Hope he's better soon. It's nice that the show is rescheduled instead of cancelled.

That would be awesome. And King For a Day is the best and I will never get tired of it :wub:

So true. I love that song to death.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CristhyneS said:

I respectfully disagree sir. No need to hear all these songs live for the 1000th time. Play me a show with 2 non-single songs from each album, and throw in J.A.R and some B-sides for fun.

There's lots of Trilogy song in there and it's kind of realistic, but if I had the power to control Green Day, THIS would be what they play, MUHUHAHAHAHAHAHa

1.        The Saints Are Coming

2.        Too Much Too Soon

3.        Letterbomb

4.        American Eulogy

5.        Haha You’re Dead

6.        Ballad of Wilhelm Fink

7.        Missing You

8.        Fell For You You

9.        Homecoming

10.   Church on Sunday

11.   Scattered

12.   Worry Rock

13.   When It’s Time

14.   The Saints Are Coming

15.   Boulevard of Broken Dreams

16.   Forever Now

17.   The Grouch

18.   Hitching a Ride

19.   Meet Me on the Roof

20.   No One Knows

21.   The Pedestrain

22.   Rusty James

23.   Rusty James

24.    Rusty James

25.   The Saints are Coming

26.   The Saints are Coming

27.   Walk Away

28.   Too Dumb to Die

29.   A Quick One (While He’s Away)

30.   The Kids Are Alright

31.   We Are The Champions

ENCORE:

32.   Rotting

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, That Dude said:

There's lots of Trilogy song in there and it's kind of realistic, but if I had the power to control Green Day, THIS would be what they play, MUHUHAHAHAHAHAHa

1.        The Saints Are Coming

2.        Too Much Too Soon

3.        Letterbomb

4.        American Eulogy

5.        Haha You’re Dead

6.        Ballad of Wilhelm Fink

7.        Missing You

8.        Fell For You You

9.        Homecoming

10.   Church on Sunday

11.   Scattered

12.   Worry Rock

13.   When It’s Time

14.   The Saints Are Coming

15.   Boulevard of Broken Dreams

16.   Forever Now

17.   The Grouch

18.   Hitching a Ride

19.   Meet Me on the Roof

20.   No One Knows

21.   The Pedestrain

22.   Rusty James

23.   Rusty James

24.    Rusty James

25.   The Saints are Coming

26.   The Saints are Coming

27.   Walk Away

28.   Too Dumb to Die

29.   A Quick One (While He’s Away)

30.   The Kids Are Alright

31.   We Are The Champions

ENCORE:

32.   Rotting

I was sure the Encore was going to The Saints are Coming 😂

• Like 1

So apparently the event with the Chicago radio show was postponed because of Billie’s voice. It seems like this tour really took it out of him. Hope he’s fine for the rest of the dates. 

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

1 hour ago, killjoywhatsername said:

So apparently the event with the Chicago radio show was postponed because of Billie’s voice. It seems like this tour really took it out of him. Hope he’s fine for the rest of the dates. 

Where did you hear that from?

2 hours ago, Robbie1039 said:

Where did you hear that from?

They talked about it on the Q101 radio show this morning. This was mention in the GD News thread today too.

• Like 1

Every member of Green Day can sing.  Just pass the mike between Mike, Tre, Jason, Jason, Kevin and Coley and we're good.    Jillie Bow can sit in a big non-singing booth with a cape and crown and watch as they SLAY. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hope Billie is feeling better today and is ready for the Chicago folks! In the moment in Philly, I really thought he sounded fantastic up until he said he fucked up his voice at the end. Now as I’m listening back to footage I and others took, I’m realizing that his issues clearly started earlier in the night and were probably just pushed over the edge during Bobby Sox. :( I honestly thought he seemed a little distracted/maybe not as happy as he has been on this tour during the Philly show and put it down to performing in the rain. But now I think he was kinda pushing through vocally and realizing it was worsening. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, suffoKate said:

Don’t forget about us, the fans! We know all the words, we know the music even better than the band! We don’t even need teleprompter tech! Hey go listen to the Seville 2020 show! Billie just doesn’t even need to sing his own songs anymore! :ga:

You get up there and sing Do Da Da and I'll sing THE SAINTS ARE COMING.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, suffoKate said:

Don’t forget about us, the fans! We know all the words, we know the music even better than the band! We don’t even need teleprompter tech! Hey go listen to the Seville 2020 show! Billie just doesn’t even need to sing his own songs anymore! :ga:

I was just going to say that. Band feels a sudden need to play Bab's Uvula Who? but doesn't remember the lyrics? Don't worry my man, we got you. Hell, the whole band might not remember how to play it, but I assure you they can find a guitarist a bassist and a drummer in the crowd who know it. 😂

• Like 1
  • Love 1

What do we think the odds are of a second leg of this tour or even a separate tour shortly after? 

29 minutes ago, Q-Man said:

What do we think the odds are of a second leg of this tour or even a separate tour shortly after? 

as much as I wish they would, I think the chances are pretty slim. If anything, perhaps headlining some summer festivals in the US in 2025 after they rest from their Australia/Asia shows. 

1 hour ago, Montclare said:

Did the Chicago show last night.  I got there at 1pm and there were only about 15 people there.  Even by 3pm, it was only up to maybe 30-40.  I was really surprised by that, but hey, good news for getting up front.  The staff at Wrigley massively screwed up the wristbands.  They were supposed to give yellow wristbands to people in the pit, but instead gave us pink, so when we got out to the field, the field staff wouldn’t let us in.  Had to run back and get yellow ones; by this time, they figured out they were giving out the wrong wristbands, but it basically meant the people who showed up at 3pm got better spots than the ones who showed up at 7am.  Luckily I still got a spot on the barricade at the end of the crosswalk on Mike’s side, which is what I wanted anyway (past couple shows I’ve been on Jason’s side, so I wanted to switch it up).

Pre GD- Guitarist from the Linda Lindas tried to toss a pic into the audience and it landed on Alice Baxley.  The Pumpkins drum was massively mic’d up; you could feel it in the floor.  It was great to hear Bullet with Butterfly Wings; I’d put it right behind Smells Like Teen Spirit for the seminal songs of the 90s.  There was a guy massively headbanging during the Pumpkins while wearing a Taylor Swift vest. Tre was watching the first few Pumpkins songs from the side.

The show was great.  Felt like I got run over by a truck by the end of the night; surprised I’m not more sore today.  Got hit by at least 6 crowd surfers in the head, neck, and shoulder (after the first one, I was like, didn’t I have a ponytail in?  They somehow managed to remove my ponytail holder).  People around me were great and kept asking me if I was okay.  It was like I was in the designated crowd surfer lane. :lol:  During Minority, Billie highlighted Coley, and I think forgot to mention Mike.  They almost forgot to bring out Blue to him afterwards.  It was great seeing the Saviors songs; I was kind of surprised they kept Bobby Sox in after his voice issues, but he sounded great all night.  After they finished Dookie, it was like, wow, and we still have a whole album to go!

I’ll be seeing them next week in Milwaukee.  You can tell you’re getting older when your first thought at the end of the show is “I get to do this again next week!” and then your body says “I have to do this again next week?!”. :lol:

Few pics I took-

bb02Hmy.jpg

foAAoGt.jpg

zyNnwr2.jpg

D5Diwot.jpg

YyCtIpk.jpg

kHpQwqh.jpg

Few more

Hide contents

VZVPkfq.jpg

UZP0zBl.jpg

FDyXmni.jpg

ZVie1B7.jpg

SxUFCnn.jpg

DP0zmEr.jpg

HLrm4R9.jpg

sjSPkfX.jpg

1AX7mVF.jpg

ICgSlTG.jpg

huFgnft.jpg

dQ6tG6t.jpg

cIujZi1.jpg

Mid gum spit :lol:-

0Q45e2p.jpg

Nice show recap! Say, is there like only one match booth or are there multiple spread out?

31 minutes ago, suffoKate said:

Nice show recap! Say, is there like only one match booth or are there multiple spread out?

I only saw the one outside, but I didn't look inside since I was running for the pit.

2 hours ago, suffoKate said:

There were multiple set up inside the stadium along with the vans outside the venue.

13 minutes ago, stories and songs said:

He’s geography challenged. I remember seeing them one time in Camden (South Jersey, right near Philadelphia) and he was like “we’re basically in New York!” And I was like honey…no. :lol:

He’s a poetic and musical genius not a cartographer! Leave Billie alone! 😭

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, stories and songs said:

@Montclare Were you like, on the stage??? Incredible pics!

Thank you!  I always aim for the catwalk.

• Love 4