Green Day US summer stadium tour 2024 w/Smashing Pumpkins, Rancid, Linda Linda's

desertrose

2 hours ago, Mar said:

I (OK, technically my mom's phone number) won the radio station contest! :yay:

(Watch them be worse seats than the one I bought and am bitching about 😂)

So, so pleased to hear that. You deserve it

6 hours ago, Mar said:

I (OK, technically my mom's phone number) won the radio station contest! :yay:

(Watch them be worse seats than the one I bought and am bitching about 😂)

Omg! Let me know how they are, that's so exciting! Does she get to go too?

8 hours ago, The Grohl said:

I don't think anyone was expecting tickets to be $50 but I don't think people expected them to be 200+ per ticket. Lots of folks can't swing that and it's disappointing. The state of concerts is getting to the point where if you don't have mad disposable income, you miss out.

Theres a lot of tickets around $120 CAD. That’s well under $200 USD. 

8 hours ago, suffoKate said:

I missed the Rev Rad tour deeming it too expensive, and I regret it to this day. :thumbsdown:
I vowed to get to at least one show every tour possible after that, because you never know when you’ll ever see them again.:rose:

If it helps ease the pain of anyone not going, It’s sounding like the Linda Linda’s are plant band made up of nepo kids who were formed by their parents that were  already established in the industry. If you care about that sorta thing haha 

This is what I mean. Need to leverage the perceived value vs the face value of the ticket. I’d rather sit in nosebleeds and be there than not be there at all. 

I didn’t get an option to opt in or out for Hella Mega. They couldn’t make it over the border and my beautiful floor tickets didn’t exist anymore. If you told me I could be in the 500s and the show would happen I’d be there and I’d be HAPPY. 

The icing on the cake was reading complaints here after the shows around the setlist while I was being forced to miss my first tour since AI days (both were outside my control). I also couldn’t reach one of the out of town shows on Rev Rad leg 1 due to physical health conditions. I never got to see them play Pollyanna, I missed them playing Waiting which I’ve never seen. I also have never seen them play Knowledge despite that being on many setlists. But I’ve also seen so many rare songs too, specifically a night where they went to Kerplunk multiple times.

Me missing out on stuff sucked but I don’t care, I’m happy to get to go to this tour. Regardless of my tickets, I just want to be there and be a part of such a large show for the band. I want to experience a massive show like this, I’m tired of watching them online.

• Like 4

I am looking at the Georgia show and this is how it's going: 

35 bucks, okay.   Let's try to get a bit clo.....800 dollars!   What the bleep?  I'm not Justin Beiber you motherbleepers!  Why don't you bring Usher back out here to pay for my tickets....please!     800 dollars, this is a joke.   this is bleeping joke.  you gotta be kidding me.   

Haha   I'm thinking I can probably do 164-200 dollars, which will get me dead center between Jillie Bow and nosebleed.      Wow.  

I'm about to be pushing my luck all over town as I email the label asking to hear the album early AND pretty please get me into a show for free.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Slave To The Network said:

This. I'm guessing a large proportion of fans, including me, don't make a living wage and a $250+ ticket is like a slap in the face to see their favorite band.

Finally someone says it. Those who are perfectly content paying 200 plus dollars a ticket to see Green Day, clearly have plenty of disposable income and live in a different tax bracket than most Green Day fans. Nothing wrong with that. If you have 200 bucks to burn on a concert ticket, go ahead. But that ironically enough is the entire theme of this record.; the average Joe getting screwed more and more. The prices of this tour directly contradict that whole message they wanted to send. THAT is a slap in the face. But I digress...... 

To me it's just gonna feel weird that for the first time since I've been listening to this band, I'm not gonna get to see them live, two album tours in a row now.

Because they've priced me out of tickets. 🤐 

I'm still a fan. Always will be. I will still buy their album in January. 

Life goes on..... 

• Like 4

Our US cousins seriously need to sort their employment laws if it’s so common you aren’t making a living wage! Believe me, I’m not saying we have it right but at least we have a minimum age (big problems with zero hours contracts still) but your whole system around hospitality staff relying on tips is insane! Sorry, not my business but it makes me crazy whenever we visit the US. And off topic.

• Like 2

It is 4 bands, so I try to keep that in mind.    If I were to see all four of these seperately that is a ton of traveling and way more money.   100 for each maybe.  Even if it were two shows, that's still a lot. 

38 minutes ago, jengd said:

Our US cousins seriously need to sort their unemployment laws if it’s so common you aren’t making a living wage! Believe me, I’m not saying we have it right but at least we have a minimum age (big problems with zero hours contracts still) but your whole system around hospitality staff relying on tips is insane! Sorry, not my business but it makes me crazy whenever we visit the US. And off topic.

You’re welcome to move here and run for office. I’d vote for you

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

lol next you're gonna tell us we deserve health care

Heavens no, why would you look after your population, help them to stay fit and well so they can work, lead fulfilling lives, contribute to society and their communities, oh, wait…..😂

5 minutes ago, stories and songs said:

So, I haven’t been to any live events in nearly four years now. I have medical issues that require me to continue being COVID-cautious. It was a no-brainer to skip Hella Mega because it was rescheduled quite early into the pandemic and just wasn’t possible for me.

But it’s going to be 2024, and I haven’t seen Green Day since 2017. I miss them like hell and just felt like I can’t *not* see them. Pre-COVID, I was always of the mindset that live events were one thing I felt willing to splurge on, because they’re special opportunities and you never know how long it’ll be before a band you love tours again, if ever.

All this to say I booked a fucking suite so that I can see them over the summer as safely as possible. 😂 It’s an outdoor venue and suites are on their own private level, so I feel really good about it safety-wise. Did I break the bank? Mmhmm. Does the gentleman I dealt with to book it think I’m a deranged fangirl? 100%, and he’s correct about that. But I haven’t spent money on anything fun for nearly four years. I am SO FUCKING EXCITED! I booked it with my family who have similarly skipped out on events these last few years and we feel really lucky we were able to make this happen. 

Great news, I’m happy for you and hope you have a wonderful time when it comes.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Yeah but when you don't want to see any of the other bands it's like somebody upselling you a car with features you don't want. :lol:

True.  I probably wouldn't see Smashing Pumpkins if they were headling unless it was in my hometown and cheap.  Rancid....eh...maybe I would drive an hour or two.    Uh oh. Now you've got my questioning my decison to go to the further away show with the Pumpkins versus the closer show without them.  Dang it.  Dang it all to dookie.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Wow, is that even an advertised option? How many people can it fit? That's going to be awesome! At this point that sounds like it might be a decent deal, compared to the seat/pit prices per person.

It’s not advertised, but for anyone interested, I recommend reaching out to the venue directly! They should have a specific email/phone number for suites or special events. My venue had all different sizes — some options could fit 12, others could fit up to like 55 people! My suite includes 16 tickets and came out to about $300 per ticket, so it’s definitely worth it if you have people who you can go in on it with. I think pricing varies a lot depending on the venue, but definitely worth a shot! And I got to skip over the Ticketmaster nonsense and just deal with a human, which was nice. You’re in competition with companies who might also be booking suites for their staff or clients, but I had no trouble reserving one and I’m allowed to pay in installments. And you won’t be the only private party booking a suite — I think a lot of people do this for close family or friends for concerts or sports games (at least, I found a bunch of everyday people on TikTok who have done it, lol), it’s just not talked about a lot!

• Like 4
  • Surprised 2

9 minutes ago, stories and songs said:

It’s not advertised, but for anyone interested, I recommend reaching out to the venue directly! They should have a specific email/phone number for suites or special events. My venue had all different sizes — some options could fit 12, others could fit up to like 55 people! My suite includes 16 tickets and came out to about $300 per ticket, so it’s definitely worth it if you have people who you can go in on it with. I think pricing varies a lot depending on the venue, but definitely worth a shot! And I got to skip over the Ticketmaster nonsense and just deal with a human, which was nice. You’re in competition with companies who might also be booking suites for their staff or clients, but I had no trouble reserving one and I’m allowed to pay in installments. And you won’t be the only private party booking a suite — I think a lot of people do this for close family or friends for concerts or sports games (at least, I found a bunch of everyday people on TikTok who have done it, lol), it’s just not talked about a lot!

Wow, we fucked up. Should've just pooled a bunch of GDCers together for this ... that sounds great! Have fun!

• Like 4

@AlissaGoesRAWRI know, it’s crazy that it’s an option that is so under the radar. When I emailed the venue, I had no expectation that I’d actually be able to book one, but I’m glad it worked out. And thank you — going to have so much fun! I would only ever do this for Green Day, lol. Me + a credit card + Green Day is a dangerous combo, which is something I should’ve known about myself by now. 😂

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, fatherotti said:

Finally someone says it. Those who are perfectly content paying 200 plus dollars a ticket to see Green Day, clearly have plenty of disposable income and live in a different tax bracket than most Green Day fans. Nothing wrong with that. If you have 200 bucks to burn on a concert ticket, go ahead. But that ironically enough is the entire theme of this record.; the average Joe getting screwed more and more. The prices of this tour directly contradict that whole message they wanted to send. THAT is a slap in the face. But I digress...... 

To me it's just gonna feel weird that for the first time since I've been listening to this band, I'm not gonna get to see them live, two album tours in a row now.

Because they've priced me out of tickets. 🤐 

I'm still a fan. Always will be. I will still buy their album in January. 

Life goes on..... 

once again theres tons of tickets in the low 100s and that’s in CAD too. I mean if that isn’t attainable over a course of 6-9 months time then there’s bigger issues than not being able to see a show. I’ve missed shows due to personal health reasons and I was always happy for those who had an abundance of health and were able to go. My situation is unique, the world isn’t going to stop because I have a lifelong condition or cannot afford something. I do the best I can and appreciate the small wins I do get.

Also the “average Joe” has a job and based on the stats they’re able to afford a $200 concert. 

No disrespect meant but the world doesn’t cater to the loud minority who can’t fund a $200 ticket over 8 months. Catering to that is a race to the bottom mentality. I do agree efforts could be made to mitigate the costs further though. But it’s not going to be the miracle you are expecting.

I do disagree though, a $200 ticket purchase is not directly linked to “disposable income” or high income. I paid $250 to see Rush at 12 years old from shovelling snow in the area. If there’s a will there’s a way. I didn’t want to miss it so I didn’t but I had literally no money. Not to mention credit card debts, or people with small amounts of savings etc. 

$200 to see 3 classic 90s bands is a fair value exchange. Be thankful the transaction isn’t happening in Canada! Our money is worth less and the government is involved in every possible transaction. $200 tickets become nearly $300.

56 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Wow, we fucked up. Should've just pooled a bunch of GDCers together for this ... that sounds great! Have fun!

Great idea but the only issue is proximity. I don’t think we have enough people in a single location to pull it off 😕

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

Great idea but the only issue is proximity. I don’t think we have enough people in a single location to pull it off 😕

Canadian GDC'ers event only

1 hour ago, The Grohl said:

Everyone's situation is different. I don't think you can make a blanket statement like that. Some people can afford it and are comfortable with that. Some can afford it but still don't want to pay for their own reasons and situations. Others can't afford it all even with a job. I understand things increase in price especially with inflation but that doesn't mean people have to like it or support it with their dollars. 

It’s not a blanket statement it’s economics.

but thats just my point, you either spend the cash or you don’t. Or you can or can’t.

The price is the price. The same people complaining charge up the ass for their services when they’re collecting. 

• Haha 1

So… what’s next for Green Day in terms of upcoming shows? Now that the CFL grey cup halftime is over, can we start to expect a ramp up in promotional club shows or TV performances in early January to celebrate the album release? The saviors tour seems so far away 😕

1 minute ago, nflsbest26 said:

So… what’s next for Green Day in terms of upcoming shows? Now that the CFL grey cup halftime is over, can we start to expect a ramp up in promotional club shows or TV performances in early January to celebrate the album release? The saviors tour seems so far away 😕

My guess is they’ll take the rest of 2023 off for the holidays and resume promotion in January 

• Like 2