Green Day US summer stadium tour 2024 w/Smashing Pumpkins, Rancid, Linda Linda's

desertrose

27 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

As far as I'm concerned we have Crush Management to thank for the whole shitfest

I disagree. Crush isn’t forcing them to do stadium tours. This is what Green Day wanted.  Their thinking of their long term strategy for touring into their 50’s and 60’s.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I disagree. Crush isn’t forcing them to do stadium tours. This is what Green Day wanted.  Their thinking of their long term strategy for touring into their 50’s and 60’s.

I'm sorry but I'm afraid we'll just have to disagree on that one

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I'm sorry too but I'm afraid we'll just have to disagree on that one

They literally said it in their interviews for the Hella Mega tour. They told Crush the one thing they hadn’t done yet was a stadium tour. That was what they asked for. Crush made it happen for them. Management does what the artist wants.  They mentioned wanting to tour more effectively going forward. That’s what this looks like. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

They literally said it in their interviews for the Hella Mega tour. They told Crush the one thing they hadn’t done yet was a stadium tour. That was what they asked for. Crush made it happen for them. Management does what the artist wants.  They mentioned wanting to tour more effectively going forward. That’s what this looks like. 

I know that but part of the reason I don't keep up with this stuff anymore is because it's 50% bullshit. 

As for management doing what the band wants! 

Obviously you're entitled to believe whatever you like but so am I 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I agree with you here. 

• Like 2

I don’t like stadium tours but I would understand if it’s the trade off to having a way for the band being able to perform long into their future. I completely understand and would support that.

I just wish buying good tickets weren’t so difficult unless you agree to pay vip prices.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CherryBombs&Gasoline said:

I agree. And as far as I’m concerned, they have every right to do this “effective touring“ if they don’t feel like playing 100+ shows per tour. However, I wish they would make sure that’s it’s also somewhat effective for the fans. We all know that Ticketmaster sucks and that prices are going up but I still believe that there are ways to make the tickets a little more affordable. Especially for a band like Green Day that always took pride in their working class background. While I’m not necessarily a fan of stadium tours, I think that the band should do what they’re most comfortable with. But right now, these shows just aren’t affordable for many fans, and that’s sad.

You’re right about that, but I think at this point it would take government action for the whole system to change. Even a new large competitor would only disrupt things for so long before we were right back where we were.

• Like 1

I do believe Green Day wanted to do stadium tours. I don't think that was Crush's decision. But I in no way believe Green Day wanted to tour with FOB and Weezer. That I think was entirely Crush. I mean they're all managed by Crush. I never believed the  for a second when they said we always wanted to play with these guys. I will say at least the lineup makes more sense this tour even if I hate it.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

I do believe Green Day wanted to do stadium tours. I don't think that was Crush's decision. But I in no way believe Green Day wanted to tour with FOB and Weezer. That I think was entirely Crush. I mean they're all managed by Crush. I never believed the  for a second when they said we always wanted to play with these guys. I will say at least the lineup makes more sense this tour even if I hate it.

No you’re right. They had to pick from whoever was already on Crush’s roster to make negotiations easy, I think they talked about that as well. They were shown a list of choices and these bands were the best fit.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

No you’re right. They had to pick from whoever was already on Crush’s roster to make negotiations easy, I think they talked about that as well. They were shown a list of choices and these bands were the best fit.

I think both tours "make sense" from a laysmens view.

Both have:

• 1 New Punk Band (Inturrupters / Lindas)
  • 1 Established Punk/ Rock Band (Fall Out Boy / Rancid)
  • 1 Legacy 90's band (Weezer / Pumpkins)

I do feel Green Day was down with Inter/Weezer/FOB lineup for Hella Mega. Mostly genre match / friend match.

I do feel Green Day at least picked Rancid / Lindas. However, Pumpkins feels like less of a fit. Maybe pushed by Management.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dirnt286 said:

I think both tours "make sense" from a laysmens view.

Both have:

• 1 New Punk Band (Inturrupters / Lindas)
  • 1 Established Punk/ Rock Band (Fall Out Boy / Rancid)
  • 1 Legacy 90's band (Weezer / Pumpkins)

I do feel Green Day was down with Inter/Weezer/FOB lineup for Hella Mega. Mostly genre match / friend match.

I do feel Green Day at least picked Rancid / Lindas. However, Pumpkins feels like less of a fit. Maybe pushed by Management.

I think if they thought they could fill a stadium with just themselves, Rancid and Lindas they would have done so. They need one other name band each time I think

• Like 3

Did Don Henley and Irving fucking Azoff come up with these bullshit ticket prices? In all honesty it feels like I’m looking at ticket prices for an Eagles show. This year I paid less money for a Guns N’ Roses ticket, I paid less for a Tool ticket, and I paid less for a The Cure ticket and was reasonably close to the stage at all 3 of those shows. $140 to sit at the back of the seats before the lawn for the the show in Austin is absolutely ridiculous. Plus tickets at the top of STADIUMS for close to $100? What the hell is that? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Grohl said:

To play stadiums at this point in their career they HAVE to take some big bands they wouldn't normally tour with. That's the compromise (and probably where Crush comes in). Green Day is still big but their mainstream popularity in 2023/2024 isn't going to sell out stadiums without other big names

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CherryBombs&Gasoline said:

I agree. And as far as I’m concerned, they have every right to do this “effective touring“ if they don’t feel like playing 100+ shows per tour. However, I wish they would make sure that’s it’s also somewhat effective for the fans. We all know that Ticketmaster sucks and that prices are going up but I still believe that there are ways to make the tickets a little more affordable. Especially for a band like Green Day that always took pride in their working class background. While I’m not necessarily a fan of stadium tours, I think that the band should do what they’re most comfortable with. But right now, these shows just aren’t affordable for many fans, and that’s sad.

This is somewhat of a rocky topic. There’s almost 60,000 seats available for most of these arenas. Ive seen tickets as low as $120 cdn and obviously as high as the ceiling permits. Theres a seat somewhere for anyone thats willing to go. But unfortunately, better real estate = more $$$.

It’s also harder to control costs in such a large venue because costs are significantly higher. Not to mention ticketmaster is nearly a monopoly itself. The band can only really do so much at this point. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lenny said:

This is somewhat of a rocky topic. There’s almost 60,000 seats available for most of these arenas. Ive seen tickets as low as $120 cdn and obviously as high as the ceiling permits. Theres a seat somewhere for anyone thats willing to go. But unfortunately, better real estate = more $$$.

It’s also harder to control costs in such a large venue because costs are significantly higher. Not to mention ticketmaster is nearly a monopoly itself. The band can only really do so much at this point. 

Agree, it's expensive everywhere. Not to mention this is a three band concert.  But I saw the same thing happen with tickets for  P!nk Olivia rodrigo and Harry styles  Ticketmaster feeds on demand 

1 minute ago, BUBBYBUB said:

Agree, it's expensive everywhere. Not to mention this is a three band concert.  But I saw the same thing happen with tickets for  P!nk Olivia rodrigo and Harry styles  Ticketmaster feeds on demand 

Which would be fine if they didn’t rig that system by creating artificial demand, limiting tickets with multiple presales, VIP packages and preventing single ticket sales.  They make it appear tickets are more scarce than they are to inflate the prices.

• Like 4

I have no idea how true this is, but I get the sense one of the reasons Green Day switched management to begin with was because they wanted to change up how they toured and handled promotional gigs. They can’t be pushing themselves to play the same amount of tour stops they did 20-30 years ago, it’s just not realistic and would probably make for shows where they’re not able to give their usual 110%. While I’d love for them to just have their own tour, I think this idea of taking a few bands out and doing stadium stops makes a lot of sense. They’re getting the best of both worlds now — they can play small clubs and then huge stadiums.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Which would be fine if they didn’t rig that system by creating artificial demand, limiting tickets with multiple presales, VIP packages and preventing single ticket sales.  They make it appear tickets are more scarce than they are to inflate the prices.

Yes they do and then ticketmaster  and big banks like citi and american express will drop the price close to the show  if they do not sell. its all a game

4 minutes ago, stories and songs said:

I have no idea how true this is, but I get the sense one of the reasons Green Day switched management to begin with was because they wanted to change up how they toured and handled promotional gigs. They can’t be pushing themselves to play the same amount of tour stops they did 20-30 years ago, it’s just not realistic and would probably make for shows where they’re not able to give their usual 110%. While I’d love for them to just have their own tour, I think this idea of taking a few bands out and doing stadium stops makes a lot of sense. They’re getting the best of both worlds now — they can play small clubs and then huge stadiums.

Agree and I remember Billie in interviews after his rehab treatment talking about not wanting to overdo it with touring and work. And they do all have lives, families, their coffee buisiness and other things outside of touring. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, The Grohl said:

I will say at least the lineup makes more sense this tour even if I hate it.

What I hate this time is that there is a lineup at all. This is supposed to be Green Day's album tour, not a multi-act bill. I see no good reason for having three fucking bands opening. It's even worse than Hella Mega because at least that was just two. What happened to a 30-45 minute opener and then the main act? Ugh!

• Like 4

15 hours ago, The Grohl said:

I do believe Green Day wanted to do stadium tours. I don't think that was Crush's decision. But I in no way believe Green Day wanted to tour with FOB and Weezer.

Weezer, I can at least believe. They were both top forces in music during the 90s, and they have been friends at least since the Warning tour.

• Like 1