Green Day US summer stadium tour 2024 w/Smashing Pumpkins, Rancid, Linda Linda's

desertrose

7 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

How dare they say on their instagram that we can find ticket for $35 lol

Where? On the street outside the venue?

• Haha 4

Just now, Khaleesi. said:

Where? On the street outside the venue?

Right? That’s what I said, maybe a parking pass is $35. Seriously I don’t know what planet they’re living on but they have no idea what these sales are like

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Weird that nosebleeds at my venue are only being sold as single tickets. Every cheaper section has single tickets but no pairs? That doesn’t make sense. Feels like they’re setting it up that way to push people into more expensive tickets. Watch the nosebleeds open up in a few weeks with lots of empty seats.

35 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Every time I read "Boulevard of VIP" I want to punch my computer.

I'm glad someone else as arrived at the level of anger those damn VIP package names instill in me. "Boulevard of VIP" FUCK OFF CUUUUUUNTS

• Like 1

Cubs site is absolute trash. Managed to cart two pit tickets initially, then when I went to check out, made me log in again and said all my information was missing. Now showing pit sold out

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, BrendanL said:

Cubs site is absolute trash. Managed to cart two pit tickets initially, then when I went to check out, made me log in again and said all my information was missing. Now showing pit sold out

Yup, same exact thing for me.  Then still showed pit, but kept getting this message, even though it kept showing pit as available.

tRG8oWJ.png

The cubs site is so broken. I'm just trying to see how much one ticket would be with fees and I keep running into errors before the site crashes on me.

Wait...what fucking universe is Green Day in? $35 fucking where? Chicago nosebleeds are 129 guys. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

How dare they say on their instagram that we can find ticket for $35 lol

Philly has some nosebleeds (in like, the top few rows) furthest back from the stage and surrounding areas, for $39+ fees. So... at least $50 after.
I mean, sure, the stadium isn't that high or anything and I've enjoyed seeing a baseball game from up there, but like... this is different.

Edit: I forgot NY has to do all-in pricing now, so I went to look at the breakdown... Sure, it's a $30 ticket, but the fees essentially doubling the price?? Ridiculous.

I have a screenshot but I don't think I can post it just yet from work. Service Fee is $20.65, order processing fee is $5. So a grand total of $55.65 for the nosebleed seat.

$283 for one ticket on the field in Chicago? I think Green Day has lost the plot.

Yeah sorry. I love these guys but fuck this tour. I know some folks are excited about the line up but I see a majority of the fans disappointed that's it's not at least an arena tour. That plus the high ass prices makes me really disappointed. I have to be careful with my finances so I can't swing this tour for okayish seats and to skip most of the lineup. I know the band is not fully involved with ticket prices but they have some say especially when it comes to VIP so it's disappointing to see many fans being shut out due to pricing. And it sucks because I hate scalpers but that's where I'll be looking when we get close to the show because TM is scummy as fuck. 

• Like 3

Still debating just biting the bullet and buying $478 (with fees) VIP pit ticket, or just waiting til day of when most likely, they'll be cheaper than the $229 they're supposed to be.  It's the most likely part that gets me.  Guaranteed tickets by spending way too much, but not having the stress of worrying the next 9 months, or crossing my fingers and hopefully saving a lot of money, but maybe not winding up with pit tickets.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

WOO! My brother just won tickets for the show in Cincy! I'm sure the seats are back a bit, but not having to pay for these tickets is a big win and helps offset what I'm paying for Pittsburgh.

Was this from an Audacy station (meaning I should give up hope about winning Detroit ones after trying a million times yesterday 😄)? 

30 minutes ago, Mar said:

Was this from an Audacy station (meaning I should give up hope about winning Detroit ones after trying a million times yesterday 😄)? 

It was CD 92.9 in Columbus which is arguably the best radio station on the planet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

It was CD 92.9 in Columbus which is arguably the best radio station on the planet.

Not an Audacy station! Maybe I still have a chance 😂

5 hours ago, James11693 said:

Did anyone manage to get a pit ticket for Hershey? I feel like hardly any were put up besides the VIP packages 

Yes I did but I chose the vbasic vip option. It was cheaper than front seats

I've ultimately decided to sit this tour out, and it was a tough decision as I haven't missed a Green Day show in my area in decades. My wife and I may be moving by the time they come to our area or we might not which complicates things. $75 for nosebleed seats x2 with Ticketb*stard's insane fees ended up being around $200 plus the fact that I'd have to sit through the Smashing Pumpkins and I don't want a cent of my money to go to Billy Corgan. I've had to sit through some insufferable bands to see Green Day many times in the past but none more insufferable than him. No thanks.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Insomniac186 said:

I've ultimately decided to sit this tour out, and it was a tough decision as I haven't missed a Green Day show in my area in decades. My wife and I may be moving by the time they come to our area or we might not which complicates things. $75 for nosebleed seats x2 with Ticketb*stard's insane fees ended up being around $200 plus the fact that I'd have to sit through the Smashing Pumpkins and I don't want a cent of my money to go to Billy Corgan. I've had to sit through some insufferable bands to see Green Day many times in the past but none more insufferable than him. No thanks.

Highly considering bringing noise cancelling headphones for SP’s set tbh. I have hearing loss already, don’t need to sacrifice even more of my hearing to listen to them play live 

10 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Hey, I would've done the same thing as you if I had one in my cart, so don't feel bad! I'm sure this show was also in demand being on a holiday weekend which was working against me. But yeah, it doesn't feel right at all. 

I hope those expensive VIP tickets all sit there unsold and they lose money/the tour sucks ... I don't care if that makes me a bitter asshole. I'm sick of this co-headlining BS.

It's not being bitter it's the truth. It's fucking ridiculous. Only reason Green Day fans got assed out this tour is cause of the lame co-headlining crap. Hella Mega was the same. Same reason I'm sitting this one out. Seems like most of the pit tickets in SF were saved for the VIP bs. Only sanely priced tickets are in nosebleeds. It's awful. What blows the most is the whole tour will be like this. 😒 It's a damn shame. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Insomniac186 said:

I’m with you. Holding out hope for an LA club show, but not paying these exorbitant prices for the Sofi show.

As far as Corgan is concerned, guy is by all accounts a world class asshole. And as much as I like Siamese Dream and (some) of Melon Collie, they haven’t been good since the mid 90s imo.

• Like 2

Just had an email about new tickets available. Instead of the VIP at $731 it's regular at $631.
FUCK YOU

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

For everyone who’s upset about the prices and the fact of a stadium tour over arena or club, the solution is simple: do not buy tickets. Send a message with your wallets. It’s the only way to ever change things.

• Thanks 1