Green Day US summer stadium tour 2024 w/Smashing Pumpkins, Rancid, Linda Linda's

desertrose

7 hours ago, The Grohl said:

I. Hate. Package. Tours.

I'm sooo sick of bands touring with 3 other acts. An opening act? Fine okay but I didn't pay a whole bunch of money to just skip most of the lineup. I wouldn't mind so much if I liked at least 2 bands on the bill but that has never been the case for me. But I guess this is what they're dead set in doing now. Still hoping for an arena tour. That's all I want. Club would be amazing but I'll take arenas with one other band please. No more stadiums.

THANK YOU!

• Like 3

Smashing Pumpkins >>>>>>>>>> Fallout Boy

And Rancid is a party live. Banger after banger.

I wish they bring this line up to Europe but it doesn’t look like.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Digoco said:

Smashing Pumpkins >>>>>>>>>> Fallout Boy

And Rancid is a party live. Banger after banger.

I wish they bring this line up to Europe but it doesn’t look like.

Its crazy to think people arent excited about this lineup. Like on the 21cb tour I had to see Kaiser Chiefs and AFI open. Horrible.

Im paying for the ticket I want the best experience and when it comes to Green Day I expect them to bring something entertaining to the show. Hell I’d even take Jimmy Eat World. I’m sad I missed that in the early and mid 2000s

• Like 1

Well during hella mega I wasn’t interested in fob at all, but yeah it was an ok show from them . The old sp stuff is golden, if they do a best of and forget they did shit for years now I’ll be pleased with them. And rancid are good so should be a great gig 

• Like 1

So I stumbled upon this comment on the Coachella subreddit that spilled the beans on the entire lineup days before the announcement, and what caught my attention is that they talked about it being an anniversary tour for Dookie and American Idiot.

I gotta say, it would make sense, given they're playing all this deep cuts from both albums. I'm curious to see how much this would change their current setlist, and if it's being called their anniversary tour, how much time Rancid and SP are actually gonna have.

• Like 1

*if* they do full dookie AND full AI there would literally almost no time left for other songs besides maybe 2 or 3 new songs .. unless they do their 2-3 hours 21cb-tour show-length again

2 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

*if* they do full dookie AND full AI there would literally almost no time left for other songs besides maybe 2 or 3 new songs .. unless they do their 2-3 hours 21cb-tour show-length again

The thing is too is that those album each had 5 hits so they’ve made up half the setlist since 2005 anyway. Featuring them would look no different, when haven’t they been featured since each came out

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

I don't say this very often....but that's too much, lol.    Maybe throw in the DEEPEST cuts like She's a Rebel and Extraordinary Girl and Whatshername.   Why are they always skipping the ladies?   Did the people make about the Last of the American Girls book say something, haha????

They might mix up the set lists, play a lot of Dookie one night, then a lot of American Idiot on another night. 

• Like 1

On 10/22/2023 at 11:33 AM, Sheenius said:

Its crazy to think people arent excited about this lineup. Like on the 21cb tour I had to see Kaiser Chiefs and AFI open. Horrible.

Haha, I loved the openers on 21cb (minus AFI). Those bands were more in my wheelhouse.

• Like 1

AFI have put on a pretty good show every time I've seen them - very energetic and fun. I'd be 100% okay with it if they opened up for Green Day again, lol. To each their own, of course.

• Love 1

Will be intresting to see the setlist. I hope they don't do anything similar in Europe. Hella Mega tour was exhausting.

• Like 1

I'm hoping it's just The Linda Lindas and Rancid for Uk, I want a longer  set from Green Day then Hella Mega, good though it was.

• Like 1