Green Day US summer stadium tour 2024 w/Smashing Pumpkins, Rancid, Linda Linda's

desertrose

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

My guess is they’ll take the rest of 2023 off for the holidays and resume promotion in January 

Maybe a new years eve performance?

Random question, when does the revenue from ticket sales get sent to the bands? Are they getting paid as tickets are being purchased or until after they perform at that venue?

On 11/14/2023 at 5:35 PM, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Omg! Let me know how they are, that's so exciting! Does she get to go too?

(lol @ me waiting forever to reply) I'm not sure what we're going to do. She doesn't think she can handle an outdoor show, so most likely no. I have no idea the quality of the tickets I won (they won't be emailed to me until close to the show), so I don't know if I should try to sell my crappy seat because hey, my won tickets may be worse than the one I have! When I won those Jason Mraz tickets from a different radio station, they were only lawn, so I've learned to lower my expectations. If they aren't great, do I just give them to somebody? If they are better, do I just take one person and try and sell my purchased one, or find two people willing to be separated? Love this 10 months away first-world problem for me 😂

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Linda Lindas Preview New Album ‘No Obligation’ with “All In My Head”; On Tour with Green Day This Summer

https://bucksco.today/2024/07/green-day-picks-teenage-guitarist-from-crowd/

Discover the Artists Supporting Green Day on USA "The Saviors Tour": The Smashing Pumpkins, Rancid, The Linda Lindas

https://musictalkers.com/latest-news/9353-discover-the-artists-supporting-green-day-on-usa-the-saviors-tour-the-smashing-pumpkins,-rancid,-the-linda-lindas

How long you think each opening band's set will be? I'm hoping Green day continues performing 30+ songs a night like they did in Europe. 

The European shows only had 2 openers but most of the US shows have 3. With most US stadium curfews being around 11PM, I'd imagine Green day would hit the stage around 845?

39 minutes ago, nflsbest26 said:

How long you think each opening band's set will be? I'm hoping Green day continues performing 30+ songs a night like they did in Europe. 

The European shows only had 2 openers but most of the US shows have 3. With most US stadium curfews being around 11PM, I'd imagine Green day would hit the stage around 845?

I'm not sure when the first acts went on in Europe, but I believe the start time for the shows with the 4 acts here is at 5:30pm.
I can see this meaning that the guys would be able to hit the stage around 8:30, but this is pure speculation on my part.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Paola17 said:

I'm not sure when the first acts went on in Europe, but I believe the start time for the shows with the 4 acts here is at 5:30pm.
I can see this meaning that the guys would be able to hit the stage around 8:30, but this is pure speculation on my part.

Yes some shows in the US are 6PM, some are 530PM. I even noticed on the days that Smashing pumpkins is not opening (Rancid and Linda Linda's only), those shows have a 645PM start time. So perhaps Linda Lindas 30 min, Rancid 40ish min, Smashing pumpkins 45 min?

I don't know if the stage will have the same setup as Europe but I noticed at Wembley that if you're on the barrier/rail the amps are stacked super high. I'm 5' 6" (say 5' 7" in shoes) and could only see Tre's head if I stood on tiptoe :lol: It's something I've never noticed before 

• Like 1

Is anyone else going to the Milwaukee show on August 24th?

4 minutes ago, bringonjennifury said:

I’ll be going to that one!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bringonjennifury said:

Just found out that one of my grammar school girlfriends is a huge GD fan and they are going to the Milw show.  They live closer to that one than Wrigley.  

• Like 2

Not GD but in case anyone is interested Rancid's post about starting the tour with them

• Like 3
  • Surprised 1

On 7/24/2024 at 4:25 PM, bringonjennifury said:

I'm going to that one. My first Green Day show since 2017.

• Like 2

What do we think odds are for a second US leg in 2025?

There’s plain GA tix available for the NYC and Philly stops now but that $300 after fees is making me hesitate. 

On 7/26/2024 at 8:25 AM, localinsomniac said:

Well they finally priced me out of these shows; it was bound to happen at some point. BUT my buddy at LiveNation came through and scored us 4 GA tix for Fenway. So stoked, because we now have the honor of taking another friend to his first Green Day show. 💚💚💚

This sounds amazing! (And hello fellow New Englander!) I was thinking of catching either the Fenway show or the Citi Field show (in the cheapest nosebleeds seat LOL), but I don't think I will logistically be able to pull it off now. I hope you have a great time though!

• Like 1

hey, i'm just curious, did they half step down tuning the "Minority" on Saviors Tour? it sounds different, I've watched the Rock Am Ring 2024 and the Isle of Wight pro-shots and I've noticed the difference

Won’t link but great reviews at Bass Magazine, Green Day Launch North American Leg of Massive Stadium Saviors Tour and The Music Universe, Green Day Kicks Off 2024 North American Tour With MASSIVE set In DC.  Worth a Google!

• Like 4