New single - The American Dream Is Killing Me - Out Now!

HAPPY ZOMBIE UNICORN

The appearance of that 1981 banner makes me wonder if there's supposed to be some sort of connection between TADIKM and 1981

See the Light's lyrics being included in the 21 Guns video makes sense when you consider the role of both tracks on the album

Boulevard of Broken Dreams video takes place immediately after Holiday's video, like how the song on the album directly follows Holiday. Will 1981 take place directly after TADIKM (which seems to be the first track on the album based on what Billie said before playing the song live). If that's the case, then 1981 may be a KYE type song taking place after the 21CB type song, just like what happens on the 21CB album

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Ok. I'm just reiterating the GDC rules. I don't think it matters if the band wants it to be leaked. GDC or the subreddit won't want to deal with any potential issues with leaks

Because the stupid zombie gave it out to a douche hoarder and a casual fan without a freaking record player, 'look ma no brains' in deed! anybody else wanna see the zombie taken out negan style ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, alecandstuff said:

I wouldn’t judge the album on the number of songs, but rather the *length* of those songs. 10 songs can go a long way especially if this is a concept album with a few longer tracks in there!

Also yeah, it’s pretty typical these days for Apple Music to put up an album page with track names and artwork as soon as new albums are announced

What if we had 10 songs but the album is 100 minutes long? 😄 

13 songs.  Not 14. Too on the nose. 

• Haha 1

Just now, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

There are only 100 Vinyls

And are they pink?

Guys reminder that Evil Dead movie dead movie came out…..

in 1981!!!!

• Surprised 1

8 minutes ago, Doggins said:

I can't believe the album speculation thread is just closed down like that with no warning, after all these years, I didn't even get to say goodbye 😭

Didn’t even get to page 666 

• Sad 2

I went to Green Day's website and I've got it all figured out.  The green slime in the American Idiot video turned the dead into the undead, causing a massive zombie apocalypse.   Whatshername's heart ain't seen nothin' cause all hell is breaking loose and heaven only knows

He doesn't wanna be Billie Joe

He wants to be a Jillie Bow

8 minutes ago, That Dude said:

I went to Green Day's website and I've got it all figured out.  The green slime in the American Idiot video turned the dead into the undead, causing a massive zombie apocalypse.   Whatshername's heart ain't seen nothin' cause all hell is breaking loose and heaven only knows

He doesn't wanna be Billie Joe

He wants to be a Jillie Bow

These people, always spewing nonsense! This guy, he thinks he's some kind of genius, but let me tell you, he's not. He always says crap like this, folks! No credibility, no class. Just another example of the low standards we're dealing with. Sad! #NoCredibility #FakeTheories 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

I wonder if GreenDayFan is stuck in there for all eternity just reposting the teasers again and again.....

3 minutes ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

I wonder if GreenDayFan is stuck in there for all eternity just reposting the teasers again and again.....

I tried to get back in, but I'm not hacker, only a dude. 

I'm trying to make sense of the lyrics.  Obviously, talking about the United Stares and how bad things are.   But what double talk of insanity?  I'm not a big fan of the lines right before the chorus not making sense WITH the chorus.  Minor gripe.      

• Like 1

Let me tell you, folks, I've always had an eye for talent. I financed Green Day in the 90s, and look at them now – tremendous success, all thanks to me! Their new album, "The American Dream Is Killing Me," mark my words, it's going to be the best album any band has ever released in the history of music. Absolutely fantastic!

And speaking of their music, "Nightlife" is an incredible song. Melania and I, we've enjoyed it in so many ways, including in bed. It's an awesome tune, believe me! 🎶😉 #GreenDay #TheAmericanDream #NightlifeMagic

• Confused 1

Back here as always everytime there's something new:happyhands:

Will have to wait for the studio version and let it sink in but yeah so far it just seems like a fun, generic post 21stCB Green Day song in every way.

Don't get me wrong, that's perfectly fine and it is pretty clear right now that the boys are in a let's just have fun with our career kinda mindset since FoAM and that's fair honestly, but I'm not gonna lie, I wish they would reinvent themselves in some kind of way instead of just staying in that musical comfort zone since they have nothing to lose. I'm thinking Arctic Monkeys style with stuff like their latest 2 albums (Tranquility Base, The Car) that marked a change in style.

Let's wait and see.

9 minutes ago, DonaldTrump said:

These people, always spewing nonsense! This guy, he thinks he's some kind of genius, but let me tell you, he's not. He always says crap like this, folks! No credibility, no class. Just another example of the low standards we're dealing with. Sad! #NoCredibility #FakeTheories 

Donnie, what up brother!  I'm usually jealous of the haired-folk, but you, you make me happy I'm bald.  :)   You're way cooler than me, you got Green Day to chant about you that one time.     Can you explain what you'll do about the zombies if you get reelected?   And also.... can you lift the ban on L.E.A.K'S?    I'm not voting either way, just curious.

Let's make Green Day GREAT a 14th time in a row, because they were ALWAYS GREAT, BABY!   

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Ok. I'm just reiterating the GDC rules. I don't think it matters if the band wants it to be leaked. GDC or the subreddit won't want to deal with any potential issues with leaks

One of the mods on the subreddit already said the band are clearly okay with it being out there so they won't remove it. They just don't want people asking for it. 

• Like 1

The Reddit guy went zero dark thirty. Has been “running errands” for 6 hours now. Must have been a troll.

• Like 2

FYI I checked out Green Day's booth at the Punk Rock Museum flea market at they had more vinyl sitting out and visible but weren't giving it out. They said they're "for another event".

• Like 1
  • Surprised 4

I dont want to start a fight again, but i just finished listening to the new blink record, and imo blink sound like the last 20 years of drama etc didnt happen and they picked up where they have originally left us, in 2003 with their last record, while having a "modern" creative touch

I wish greenday can achieve this too with their upcoming record, get out of their comfort zone and create sth mindblowing again (AI part 2 wont happen, but they can do better, and even if the new upcoming single is a very good one, its far from being one of their greatest songs)

as always, just posting my general thoughts atm, i know people will have a completely different opinion on this, and thats ok, but i think some guys will get my point

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

I dont want to start a fight again, but i just finished listening to the new blink record, and imo blink sound like the last 20 years of drama etc didnt happen and they picked up where they have originally left us, in 2003 with their last record, while having a "modern" creative touch

I wish greenday can achieve this too with their upcoming record, get out of their comfort zone and create sth mindblowing again (AI part 2 wont happen, but they can do better, and even if the new upcoming single is a very good one, its far from being one of their greatest songs)

as always, just posting my general thoughts atm, i know people will have a completely different opinion on this, and thats ok, but i think some guys will get my point

100% agree, and based off of what we heard of the new material last night I have reason to believe GD is getting the same resurgence with this record!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

The Reddit guy went zero dark thirty. Has been “running errands” for 6 hours now. Must have been a troll.

Trolls only come out at night lol