New single - The American Dream Is Killing Me - Out Now!

HAPPY ZOMBIE UNICORN

28 minutes ago, steve46 said:

Am I  the only who is complaining about this but compared to other new songs published on Apple Music the drums and bass seems a little bit weak on this mix.

Maybe because the post-FOAM songs were extremely boomy and bass-heavy mixed, so it looks like the new songs are weaker 😄 I think it's better balanced, because of the heavy bass it was really difficult two listen to Pollyanna in the car 😅

35 minutes ago, steve46 said:

Am I  the only who is complaining about this but compared to other new songs published on Apple Music the drums and bass seems a little bit weak on this mix.

Yep I noticed that too

32 minutes ago, Flashback said:

Maybe because the post-FOAM songs were extremely boomy and bass-heavy mixed, so it looks like the new songs are weaker 😄 I think it's better balanced, because of the heavy bass it was really difficult two listen to Pollyanna in the car 😅

Yeah could be true but a song like Flowers from Miley Cyrus (I know, bad comparison) sounds much more better on Apple Music because of that clean drums and bass.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2023 at 3:10 PM, DookieLukie said:

You were literally loving the song a few days ago.

I like the song it's a good first single the best one they've released since bang bang wayyyyyy better than father of all I disliked from the first listen I've heard American dream several times usually watching the video though because it gives the song more teeth 

You guys think spotify streams/youtube views for TADIKM will immediately start going down following the release of LMNB? Maybe on YouTube but on Spotify, assuming they're released together like as an "EP", then probably not, right?

6 hours ago, mao said:

In Japan, it became a bit of a topic on Twitter that it resembled this song 😅

So this is where Billie took melody for Basket case from

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Spotify streams for TADIKM
Day 1 - 248k
Day 2 - 487k (+239k)
Day 3 - 663k (+176k)
Day 4 - 1,078k (+415k)
Day 5 - 1,313k (+235k)
Day 6 - 1,495k (+182k)
Day 7 - 1,718k (+223k)
Day 8 - 1,911k (+193k)
Day 9 - 2,085k (+174k)

A new low for the single but only slightly. Still a consistent performance since its release. Look Ma, No Brains spotify streams hasn't yet updated as it hasn't been a full day since its spotify release but I will post an update on both songs when it does

based on daily streams, was TADIKM not suposed to be on top 10 on spotify? i dont know how these things work rn

on lastfm TADIKM is on top 7

Edited by Arthur_Rhuan
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Arthur_Rhuan said:

based on daily streams, was TADIKM not suposed to be on top 10 on spotify? i dont know how these things work rn

on lastfm TADIKM is on top 7

Yeah idk. Idk exactly how many streams the top 10 songs are getting on a daily basis at the moment, it's possible that GD's hits are being listened to more now because of GD news but I would expect TADIKM to be in the top 10

Never could I have imagined that Blink would have 10X more views than green day, and that sum would have twice more views.  I guess time when green day is irrelevant has come. 

4 minutes ago, Macys said:

Never could I have imagined that Blink would have 10X more views than green day, and that sum would have twice more views.  I guess time when green day is irrelevant has come. 

This is the first blink album with Tom since 2011. It's going to be way more popular

And the Sum 41 song is weeks older than TADIKM. TADIKM will have more views than Landmines, just give the video some time. But also, this is Sum 41's last album since they're breaking up

• Like 1

On 11/2/2023 at 7:17 PM, Im.a.basket.case said:

Yep I noticed that too

I never really understood why people keep shelling out for apple music, their audio and video quality has never been very good in my opinion. Even Spotify is pretty lacking but they are good for convenience and playlists.

I've personally been listening to the ProStudioMasters versions of the new songs and they're 👌

58 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

This is the first blink album with Tom since 2011. It's going to be way more popular

And the Sum 41 song is weeks older than TADIKM. TADIKM will have more views than Landmines, just give the video some time. But also, this is Sum 41's last album since they're breaking up

Nonetheless its still a fact that the boys are doing terrible in the media. I wish they had just announced the album and songs as loud as possible instead of just teasing the fans for 2 years. in 2012 Oh love received 1 million views in 24 hours. Are we even sure the American dream can hit more than 2 million views in a month? I guess all the old fans have outgrown the band and dont listen to them anymore, and the band didn't get too many new fans during foam era.

3 minutes ago, Macys said:

Nonetheless its still a fact that the boys are doing terrible in the media. I wish they had just announced the album and songs as loud as possible instead of just teasing the fans for 2 years. in 2012 Oh love received 1 million views in 24 hours. Are we even sure the American dream can hit more than 2 million views in a month? I guess all the old fans have outgrown the band and dont listen to them anymore, and the band didn't get too many new fans during foam era.

I think people are listening to the song more outside of YouTube though. I can't tell if that was the case with Oh Love in 2012 but streaming was much less of a thing. You would expect a higher proportion of listeners to listen on YouTube than Spotify back then. But TADIKM has 2 million streams on spotify. It might just be a case of more options, less youtube views. Also is that 1 million views related to the music video or lyric video? Cause the lyric video was released first

What exactly could the band have done to announce the album/song "as loud as possible". They teased, they posted to their social medias, they announced a tour. Really, the only thing that they really need to be doing that they aren't is performing on TV imo

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Macys said:

i know the differences are high but its just relevant for the bands "momentum"

green day: well, they are a constant band without any huge drama and release a new lp and play some shows, kinda "boring" but thats what bands do :D

blink182: back with tom, and this time it really feels like they found some sort of peace, and released some banger songs + the new lp

sum41: advertise all their upcoming songs and shows and the double-lp as "the last ever music/shows" because they plan to end the band

you see, unfair battle, but i agree the momentum is strong with blink and sum, green day are just there in between somehow and being a normal band with good output 😃

• Like 3

I agree with everything that was said about Blink but I honestly don’t think that Sum 41 are getting more attention than Green Day. Not at the moment or at any time in the last 10+ years 😅

20 minutes ago, CherryBombs&Gasoline said:

I agree with everything that was said about Blink but I honestly don’t think that Sum 41 are getting more attention than Green Day. Not at the moment or at any time in the last 10+ years 😅

correct me if im wrong, but didnt sum41 sold out the biggest indoor arena in europe (paris la defense arena) pretty fast?

the green day hellamega show in 2022 didnt sell out as quick as sum41 did?

6 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

correct me if im wrong, but didnt sum41 sold out the biggest indoor arena in europe (paris la defense arena) pretty fast?

the green day hellamega show in 2022 didnt sell out as quick as sum41 did?

Ok, that’s possible. I honestly don’t know about that. I was talking about things like record sales and media attention, and I don’t get the impression that Sum 41 is somehow more ‘relevant‘ than Green Day. But I don’t want to downplay their accomplishments.

2 hours ago, Red said:

I never really understood why people keep shelling out for apple music, their audio and video quality has never been very good in my opinion. Even Spotify is pretty lacking but they are good for convenience and playlists.

I've personally been listening to the ProStudioMasters versions of the new songs and they're 👌

Where did you get the ProStudiosMasters?