New single - The American Dream Is Killing Me - Out Now!

HAPPY ZOMBIE UNICORN

With the music video hitting 1 million views, I got reminded of this song. Surely I can’t be the only German speaking fan who sees similarities here :D

• Like 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, dudley dawson said:

That really pisses me off. This "fan" was given something really unique and special from the band so they go and sell it on ebay? If it were me I would have treasured it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

"This release is reminiscent of the quality, vibe, and grungy sounds from their hit album, American Idiot. Without a doubt, this song is the older sibling of ‘American Idiot.’"

"Green Day has used ‘American Idiot’ multiple times to make their opinion loud and known. ‘The American Dream Is Killing Me’ is now picking up where the other song left off. It’s a new twist and updated version of life as the American idiot depicted in the 2004 song."

"With this in mind, the American Idiot and early Green Day sound coming from this song can be explained with the best answer possible!"

"To prepare for their new album, we recommend listening to the following albums: American Idiot, Dookie, ¡UNO!, and Revolution Radio."

So... The writer is just going to ignore the fact that this is a 21CB sounding song. Not Dookie. Not American Idiot. Not even Uno or Revolution Radio. Like, this is the closest thing to 21CB we've heard since 21CB and they just don't hear that? American Idiot doesn't really deal with the issues TADIKM does. 21CB does

Yeah, it's like 21st Century Breakdown doesn't even exist to them because it's not even listed in their recommended albums for preparing for the album, which really hurts my soul.

I also find it strange that they called this song the older sibling of American Idiot... wouldn't it be it's younger sibling if anything?
It's strange to say it but American Idiot is almost 20 years old now... What the fuck?

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Red said:

That really pisses me off. This "fan" was given something really unique and special from the band so they go and sell it on ebay? If it were me I would have treasured it.

It’s really just yet another poorly written article.  Is journalism school a thing if the past?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DeJennsitized said:

21CB erasure boils my piss 😤

It's especially odd when they mention RevRad and Uno though. Like Uno especially is a relatively unknown album and a lot of those who do know it tend not to care about it

• Like 4

I wonder if people miss it out because they see it as an extension of the AI era and not as its own era, if that makes sense. It’s wrong, but maybe they don’t see it as a definitive period in GD’s career like the trilogy or revrad? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DeJennsitized said:

I wonder if people miss it out because they see it as an extension of the AI era and not as its own era, if that makes sense. It’s wrong, but maybe they don’t see it as a definitive period in GD’s career like the trilogy or revrad? 

I think that might be the case.

I sadly see songs from 21st Century Breakdown get mistaken for being on American Idiot from time to time, but of course this is mostly not from the core fanbase but rather from casual listeners. I think it's a simple case of the album deserving a much better reputation than it got, even though it was still pretty successful.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Red said:

Let us hope that at the very least whoever won it for over a grand is a fan who will treasure it

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Spotify streams for TADIKM
Day 1 - 248k
Day 2 - 487k (+239k)
Day 3 - 663k (+176k)
Day 4 - 1,078k (+415k)

An interesting boost in spotify streams for Day 4. I wonder if that boost is simply down to the Amazon Music performance, I can't see any other reason for its boost in streams. It still hasn't appeared in Green Day's Top 10 on spotify (which is ranked based on daily streams, not total streams)

It’s likely making the rounds on featured playlists 

• Like 2

In the album blurb on the youtube video, it talks about 30 years of Green Day.  If the album references their albums, I hope they represent all of them in some capacity and don't leave any out.   Not a ton of nostalgia, but maybe a guitar lick here, a lyric there, a handclap up top, a full blown Lady Cobra song every other track. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, CherryBombs&Gasoline said:

With the music video hitting 1 million views, I got reminded of this song. Surely I can’t be the only German speaking fan who sees similarities here :D

EVERY german must have thought of that video watching TADIKM. die ärzte are legends ❤️

• Like 2

Are you guys keeping the song playin on a 24/7 loop like a good fan should?    We gotta get them to break out in the algorithm and infect...I mean REACH more people.   

The music video and Spotify both are nearly tied right now.  

1,051,770 views.

1,077,972 streams.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Red said:

Yeah, it's like 21st Century Breakdown doesn't even exist to them because it's not even listed in their recommended albums for preparing for the album, which really hurts my soul.

I also find it strange that they called this song the older sibling of American Idiot... wouldn't it be it's younger sibling if anything?
It's strange to say it but American Idiot is almost 20 years old now... What the fuck?

You’re looking too far into it.

It’s a rush job by the writer. The article was getting in the way of listening to Fiona Apple.

All music critics absolutely LOVE Fiona Apple.

4 hours ago, That Dude said:

In the album blurb on the youtube video, it talks about 30 years of Green Day.  If the album references their albums, I hope they represent all of them in some capacity and don't leave any out.   Not a ton of nostalgia, but maybe a guitar lick here, a lyric there, a handclap up top, a full blown Lady Cobra song every other track. 

Al Sobrante plays drums on Bobby Sox

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

49 minutes ago, Lenny said:

You’re looking too far into it.

It’s a rush job by the writer. The article was getting in the way of listening to Fiona Apple.

All music critics absolutely LOVE Fiona Apple.

Al Sobrante plays drums on Bobby Sox

I was really hoping to have some lineup changes this time around.  Nothing wrong with getting some new blood in the band.  Maybe album 15 will see a completely new lineup.....I'm half kidding.  But if Tre Cool were to change careers at some point, Green Day could go on.   Maybe they change drummers every 40 years or so. 

7 minutes ago, That Dude said:

I was really hoping to have some lineup changes this time around.  Nothing wrong with getting some new blood in the band.  Maybe album 15 will see a completely new lineup.....I'm half kidding.  But if Tre Cool were to change careers at some point, Green Day could go on.   Maybe they change drummers every 40 years or so. 

Bring in Josh Freese for a full Freese takeover! 

Freese Day

• Like 2