New single - The American Dream Is Killing Me - Out Now!

HAPPY ZOMBIE UNICORN

1 hour ago, jengd said:

Here’s another “reaction to” video which is fairly positive but again completely unnecessary.  Why do some people feel the need to make these? They don’t give an actual critique, they just blabber on and on. I agree with @Saviour, these aren’t reviews these are just random people hoping to make money out of YouTube.

All of which completely distracted me from why I went to YouTube in the first place 😂😂 now at nearly 710k views.

I don't watch a lot of them but I have seen some reaction videos to songs the last couple years since they've really started to become more common on YouTube and apparently there are really big youtubers who just react to songs. Some of them do actually give decent commentary but what's crazy is that reaction videos can really make a difference to how songs perform. The difference between reaction videos that just react to other youtube videos, just stealing those videos views and reaction videos reacting to music is that music is something that you can get endless enjoyment out of from replaying it whereas videos you've already watched don't. So you're much less likely to seek out a video if you've seen someone react to it. If you discover a new song from a reaction video and like it, you will listen to it on your own multiple times

10 hours ago, þjáningu said:

Oh god not this guy :(

I watched this and was like wowwww. This guy.

He had a meltdown when he read the tik tok line.

• Like 1

So im in a training call with a new hire and he just mentions casually hes a Green Day fan.

So yes I professionally stopped all work and went ranting about the new song 😂

2 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Spotify streams for TADIKM
Day 1 - 248k
Day 2 - 487k (239k)

Day 2 had slightly less plays than day 1. Hopefully the listens will pick up

Its cause I had a longer work day today. Dont worry Ill get on that soon and boost it up.

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, devilskind92 said:

Conservatives often express discontent about these trends, similar to their complaints about immigrants (the 'huddled masses') and taxes. In the future people will hear this line and just replace "TikTok" with whatever the new target of conservatives happens to be. The song won't be ruined and unlistenable. It's just such a non-issue lol

this is exactly it...and the same point all of the "reactions" seem to be missing

the Boys are not saying "ewwww...tiktok" like a bunch of old farts...they're parroting what typical American, conservative, dorks like to whine about as the things that will "bring down the country"

it's comedic and a middle finger to those dorks

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, zeebodaclown said:

this is exactly it...and the same point all of the "reactions" seem to be missing

the Boys are not saying "ewwww...tiktok" like a bunch of old farts...they're parroting what typical American, conservative, dorks like to whine about as the things that will "bring down the country"

it's comedic and a middle finger to those dorks

Seems like you’ve never listened to green day before. I mean ultra conservatives are the worst, but rev rad and the new network album have criticized a lot of different people 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, KGLWW said:

Seems like you’ve never listened to green day before. I mean ultra conservatives are the worst, but rev rad and the new network album have criticized a lot of different people 

Same with Father of All. I always laugh about that Oh yeah was somewhat of hit at first and then it seemed like those people realized what the song was about and it’s popularity just died lol

12 minutes ago, KGLWW said:

sure...and the relevance to THIS song is........ ?

over the course of 30 years you talk about a lot of stuff

4 minutes ago, zeebodaclown said:

sure...and the relevance to THIS song is........ ?

over the course of 30 years you talk about a lot of stuff

I think there are a lot of ways to interpret this song. I doubt they’d really ever be positive about social media

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zeebodaclown said:

ha...you're thinking about it way too deeply

"don't want your huddled masses, tiktok, and taxes"

that's the battle cry of EVERY current right-wing, U.S. congressperson at moment

1. "border crisis!"

2. "china is stealing our info"

3. "defund the irs"

the dots don't even need to be connected...it's virtually plagiarized 

I agree that it does refer to those things, but I do think it leaves it up to interpretation as well, like a lot of their other recent music. I’m not all that knowledgeable when it comes to politics but I do think to some extent it’s ok to see the validity in multiple opinions. I’ve felt green day since they got more political tried to relate to many people even if they didn’t always agree with them on everything. I mean the reality is the world in general doesn’t really a lot of sense, so that’s why we get so many people with such different opinions. And a lot that is based on people’s situation. I mean after people have kids their opinion’s can start to change a bit on certain things and Billie does seem less my way or the highway since he had kids. I mean the guy that wrote Reject isn’t completely the same guy now

• Like 1

I was not impressed when I heard it the first time live, but the studio version is amazing. The zombie theme in the video is a bonus I also love, but it made me think there's been a lot of zombie-related movies lately  that I wonder if we're going to encounter a real zombie, with the world as crazy as it is.

Anyway, this is about Green Day. I love this song and I think it's great single.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dudley dawson said:

When is Melon going to weigh in on the song?

I'm fairly certain he isn't going to like it.   He's going to be groaning, and putting his face in his hands and talking about they should probably should have quite 20 years ago.    I don't think he'll give it a ZERO like FOAM (i'm still jump salty about that)  but I think it'll be a light 2 out 10.  

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, That Dude said:

I'm fairly certain he isn't going to like it.   He's going to be groaning, and putting his face in his hands and talking about they should probably should have quite 20 years ago.    I don't think he'll give it a ZERO like FOAM (i'm still jump salty about that)  but I think it'll be a light 2 out 10.  

Yes but you are talking about the album review, he does singles as well, I think they are livestreamed on Fridays?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Red said:

Okay, I was holding off on writing any impressions because I wanted to wait until the song officially came out so I could hear it at it's best and then I also wanted to give the song plenty of time so here goes:

The new single as a song? honestly, not my favourite recent single that I've been there for the release of. That probably goes to either Bang Bang or Holy Toledo (if that was even a single).
Those songs I fell in love with on first listen, hell, the same can be said for most of RevRad too. This one I liked on first listen, but not loved.

However, I cannot physically put into words how happy I am with the overall production of the song. It easily sounds better than both of those two songs, hell, even anything from the last 5 albums in my honest opinion. Everything sounds exactly as I'd hoped but not expected to hear from a Green Day record again... By that I mean this seems like AI/21CB levels of sound quality, mixing, volumes, instrumental sound and variety, song realization etc.

Just. pure. eargasm.

That being said, I've listened to the song quite a bit now over the last few days and it's definitely grown a lot on me since the first time I heard it. My only real complaint/wish for it is that the solo lasted a bit longer as it's my favorite part of the song and it just comes and goes a bit too quickly, kind of like an orgasm that's over before it even gets a chance to start.

I totally understand why the band would have chosen to not go that route and I think it's because at it's musical core, the spirit of the song is supposed to be a short, punchy, power pop flavoured Green Day anthem that tries to do as much as it can in as short a time as possible without making the song feel gimmicky, unfinished or incomplete.

I guess you could say this song is kind of like if it were possible to condense 21st Century Breakdown (album) into a delicious little cookie that you can fit in your mouth and finish in one bite and I am totally here for it and whatever the rest of the album brings!

Hey Red, its a grower not a shower!

• Love 1

On 10/25/2023 at 4:20 PM, GDFan2019 said:

Billie posted a video on Instagram getting the makeup applied

Removed.

9 hours ago, dudley dawson said:

Yes but you are talking about the album review, he does singles as well, I think they are livestreamed on Fridays?

Just the song.  It might just get lumped in on his weekly track round up.    While he usually feels the exact opposite as I do, he does surprise me sometimes.   He didn't love the new blink record but didn't tear it apart like I expected either.    He observed the biggest problem with blink, which started with the Skiba era:  over-production.   I usually don't care about that, but blink really are sounding super robotic with all their vocals blending together behind a massive monolithic wall of sound.   With such unique voices, that is crazy.    All bands change.   But with Green Day, I could listen to a song on 39/smooth and listen to American Dream and still hear that it's the same musicians.  But blink from 1995 versus 2023?   WHOA.    Not a criticism, just what time can do to a band's sound.    

Here's a mild criticism though:  I'm glad Travis Barker isn't working with Green Day right now. 😅 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, That Dude said:

Just the song.  It might just get lumped in on his weekly track round up.    While he usually feels the exact opposite as I do, he does surprise me sometimes.   He didn't love the new blink record but didn't tear it apart like I expected either.    He observed the biggest problem with blink, which started with the Skiba era:  over-production.   I usually don't care about that, but blink really are sounding super robotic with all their vocals blending together behind a massive monolithic wall of sound.   With such unique voices, that is crazy.    All bands change.   But with Green Day, I could listen to a song on 39/smooth and listen to American Dream and still hear that it's the same musicians.  But blink from 1995 versus 2023?   WHOA.    Not a criticism, just what time can do to a band's sound.    

Here's a mild criticism though:  I'm glad Travis Barker isn't working with Green Day right now. 😅 

Hey man why did you buy all the pink galaxy vinyls? Will you review each one on youtube separately? 

4 hours ago, That Dude said:

What is the story going on in the video?   The guys shot a human girl at the end, right?   

She was not well

was she not well

• Haha 1