New single - The American Dream Is Killing Me - Out Now!

HAPPY ZOMBIE UNICORN

I just listened to the song, because I was waiting for a perfect moment. I like it much more than FOAM first three singles, maybe 9/10 because of repetitive chorus, but the bridge is GODLY. And the solo is amazing. So good to start a new GD era! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bakabanas said:

I just listened to the song, because I was waiting for a perfect moment. I like it much more than FOAM first three singles, maybe 9/10 because of repetitive chorus, but the bridge is GODLY. And the solo is amazing. So good to start a new GD era! 

It's far, far superior to anything on FOAMF.

It's a return to form I genuinely didn't think was possible, in truth. I thought they'd run out of ideas. 

It's the biggest earworm they've put out in years. Production-wise it's the best they've ever sounded, and it's setting unrealistic expectations for the album. 😆

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I assume that’ll come with the album or just before.

48 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

The promotion with the teasers and stuff was cool but why have we got no interviews since the song release? Why have we not heard anything about TV performances? That's the kind of thing they should be doing now to get the word out there, right? If people weren't looking at shorts on YouTube, they may not even know about the new GD music video even if they're subscribed to the band. It's very easy to miss one music video in your subscription feed if you're subscribed to a decent number of channels

7 minutes ago, jengd said:

I assume that’ll come with the album or just before.

With FOAM they did all that at single release.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Virtuous Xman said:

Different strokes for different folks I guess.  I don't expect the band to make another insomniac.  I would like something similar however the reality is it won't happen and i'm okay with that.  Yet to bring up what a band did 30 years ago and still expect them to do that is asinine to me.  Why would you want a dookie, insomniac, nimrod, AI part 2.  Like no.

I don’t disagree, but the public wants the best songs and what’s familiar to them. The band’s most advanced sounds (at least according to popular opinion) seem to be what the public finds most interesting. Imo, maybe Foam/the trilogy/Rev Rad is actually what they mostly are if they really don’t try to use easily used tricks and copy other artists, or maybe Dookie or Kerplunk would be most indicative of their talent level most of the time. I mean yes, they have some of AI, 21CB that are more original and dynamic but then again, is that really attainable at this point? Could have more to do with what burdens they don’t want with more success, Idk, I do think they have really made a lot out of their somewhat limited/not-so advanced sound, but idk feel like I’m rambling lol. Fans want to have fun, I mean look at blink 182, they’ve generally made the same album over and over again, but people seem to be more interested in them over Green Day over the last 10-15 years or so….

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KGLWW said:

I don’t disagree, but the public wants the best songs and what’s familiar to them. The band’s most advanced sounds (at least according to popular opinion) seem to be what the public finds most interesting. Imo, maybe Foam/the trilogy/Rev Rad is actually what they mostly are if they really don’t try to use easily used tricks and copy other artists, or maybe Dookie or Kerplunk would be most indicative of their talent level most of the time. I mean yes, they have some of AI, 21CB that are more original and dynamic but then again, is that really attainable at this point? Could have more to do with what burdens they don’t want with more success, Idk, I do think they have really made a lot out of their somewhat limited/not-so advanced sound, but idk feel like I’m rambling lol. Fans want to have fun, I mean look at blink 182, they’ve generally made the same album over and over again, but people seem to be more interested in them over Green Day over the last 10-15 years or so….

I think the idea that Blink has been more popular than Green Day is maybe not true, Green Day was just in stadiums, and blink brought Tom back and had this revolution of shows and fans…. And still trails Green Day by 10M spotify listeners a month. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

The promotion with the teasers and stuff was cool but why have we got no interviews since the song release? Why have we not heard anything about TV performances? That's the kind of thing they should be doing now to get the word out there, right? If people weren't looking at shorts on YouTube, they may not even know about the new GD music video even if they're subscribed to the band. It's very easy to miss one music video in your subscription feed if you're subscribed to a decent number of channels

I’m sure that stuff is coming but I agree there should have been something timed with the release. The little press blurb about the band saying it was one of the last songs they wrote but they knew it would be the lead song is really insubstantial. 

I know the listening party for the DJs and music press was private but it’s the kind of thing I would love to be a fly on the wall for. I imagine Billie introducing every song to them with a few sentences of the story behind it. I want to hear that. He did something similar to that for FOAM for Sirius XM I remember that was pre-recorded but it was great. I hope we get a version of that for this album.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, KGLWW said:

Problem with the mainstream audience is they are fickle.  They base their taste in music around what certain people tell them to.  As far as Green Day reaching AI or even dookie status again for popularity, anything is possible at this point.  Being 40 now, nothing really shocks me when something happens that was unexpected.  Guess it just comes when you see too many things lol.  Now with blink, the only reason why people are on them like "white on rice" right now is because Tom came back.  If Tom was with them the whole time, they would have popularity but it wouldn't be what it is right now.  Its that newness for a lot of people.  Don't get me wrong though one more time is a great album for me.  However i'm not like oh hearing tom again with mark and travis is big.  They did that for me with Neighborhoods.  I do think the energy is better this time around and i'm happy about that.  And who is the bigger band, Green Day or Blink.  Meh, I enjoy both.  That debate is so 2002.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

I think the idea that Blink has been more popular than Green Day is maybe not true, Green Day was just in stadiums, and blink brought Tom back and had this revolution of shows and fans…. And still trails Green Day by 10M spotify listeners a month. 

I just meant there most recent work is more popular, not talking about overall popularity 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I’m sure that stuff is coming but I agree there should have been something timed with the release. The little press blurb about the band saying it was one of the last songs they wrote but they knew it would be the lead song is really insubstantial. 

I know the listening party for the DJs and music press was private but it’s the kind of thing I would love to be a fly on the wall for. I imagine Billie introducing every song to them with a few sentences of the story behind it. I want to hear that. He did something similar to that for FOAM for Sirius XM I remember that was pre-recorded but it was great. I hope we get a version of that for this album.

You have the link to the FOAM Sirius thing?

2 minutes ago, Jhonib said:

Have to say I was expecting more views on the video by now, weird 🤔

Well there hasn’t been much publicity yet. I’m hoping with the Amazon performance tonight and some late night shows (Kimmel, Fallon, etc) it’ll start to pick up steam 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jhonib said:

Have to say I was expecting more views on the video by now, weird 🤔

Insanely low

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

Why are we still doing blink v green day? Who cares? Imo both bands are great at what they do. They've both released kick ass music. Let's just enjoy it.

Agreed. Green Day, Blink, Offspring, Nofx, Rancid, My Chemical Romance, Bad Religion, Weezer all have their own characteristics and all have their own sound. No big similarities between their songs. All have their own way of storytelling.

Its really unnecessary to compare one to another. Do we always need to make a list between artists or compare their popularity? 

You know who is popular now? Taylor Swift... What do we do now? What does it even mean? Times change. What is most popular today is tomorrow's forgotten. 

So please please enjoy the moment and please stop comparing. All are good in their own terms. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

When he sing suici-i-i-i-de that sound like Feel For You

He woke up in a pool of blood / he ate their brains then ate their guts....

He smelled for you

He smelled for you

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

You have the link to the FOAM Sirius thing?

I’d be surprised if it’s still on their site

Only Puddle Of Mudd could top this cover.   Special effects - 1/5.  Commentary 1.3/5.  Cover - i barfed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, StillBreathing said:

For anyone interested , Justin Hawkins (The Darkness) reviews the song on his channel 

Being slightly generous here calling this a review. Spent more time regaling dental anecdotes and examining BJA’s Les Paul than talking about the song. 😆

Hawkins is a weird one to have forged a new career as a YouTuber, but fair play to him. Has more credibility than most music YouTubers I suppose.

8 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Only Puddle Of Mudd could top this cover.   Special effects - 1/5.  Commentary 1.3/5.  Cover - i barfed.

What a terrible day to have ears.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, That Dude said:

He woke up in a pool of blood / he ate their brains then ate their guts...

Didn't read what you were quoting and starting singing this to the tune of the first verse of foamf :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, pouty bitch said:

Didn't read what you were quoting and starting singing this to the tune of the first verse of foamf :lol:

Who knew Fell For You and Father of All were so similar, interesting!  

Ah ah come on zombie...

• Like 1

Here’s another “reaction to” video which is fairly positive but again completely unnecessary.  Why do some people feel the need to make these? They don’t give an actual critique, they just blabber on and on. I agree with @Saviour, these aren’t reviews these are just random people hoping to make money out of YouTube.

All of which completely distracted me from why I went to YouTube in the first place 😂😂 now at nearly 710k views.

• Like 4