New single - The American Dream Is Killing Me - Out Now!

HAPPY ZOMBIE UNICORN

8 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Fin likes it. 

The thumbnail makes it look like he doesn't lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

The thumbnail makes it look like he doesn't lol

I gave that YouTube vid a thumbs down. His reaction to the lyric TikTok and taxes was so stupid and meaningless.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I wish the video was getting more views. What confuses me is they have nearly 6.5 million subscribers to their YT channel. That many people like the band enough to follow them on YT, and yet you can’t even get 600,000 streams in the first couple of days?  And that’s with a lot of fans watching the video multiple times I’m sure. Where are all these subscribers? It’s already dropped from trending from 8 to like 29.

It's been a few years since subscribers was the main point of entry for videos on YT. This is no longer the case, unfortunately. It definitely helps but what shows up on the home feed for subscribers is largely dependent on what's trending + the user's current result of the algorithm. There is the subscription tab but a relatively small portion of the user base uses this for their daily viewing needs.

Instead most of the views will come in through the algorithm which is why clickbait titles and thumbnails are a necessary evil for even the largest channels. A couple of larger channels made videos talking about this (LTT, Veritasium etc) and how clickbait is unreasonably effective. It's absolutely the case with Green Day here as well. 

• Like 3

So ya'll don't like my coworker, Finn huh?  Jon at artv loves the new song, but ALSO talks about the tik tok line.   It's a sarcastic line, right?  

Ugh the wait til Nov 2 is killing me. Why couldn't Green day just announce tour dates on Oct 24? In an ideal world, they would do Jan-Feb US club tour, March-June UK/Europe, then July-September US stadium. But the more I think about it, it wouldn't make sense to announce both a US club tour and US stadium tour at same time would it? Unless they announce a small club tour next week (knowing there will be limited tickets) and Billie's announcement at Fremont was to just give fans peace of mind they'll be back in US summer 2024. 

• Love 1

The more I watch Fin's videos the more I roll my eyes. His vids about band histories aren't bad but anything where he's stating his opinion is very gate keepy which is funny because he's quick to call out other people who gate keep 😂 when he's talking I often think just let people listen to what they want. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

The TikTok line is fine. People are just programmed to hate any mention of social media in songs even if it's relevant. Yes, I get that it can date the songs. But TikTok is going to be around for much longer. This is not going to date the song any more than Holiday dates itself to the Iraq war or 21CB dates itself to the 21st century

This. 
Heck, I mean, musically predated TikTok (2014) and then was acquired and just evolved. So even if it does evolve again, it won’t necessarily date itself. 

It's a sequel to Basketcase.  Look Ma is a sequel to...what?  Sex Drugs Violence?  No, it has to be from Dookie.  Green Day don't remember the Trilogy, lol.  Burnout!   Could be Burnout 2.  

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Look Ma is a sequel to...what?

When he sing suici-i-i-i-de that sound like Feel For You

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Different strokes for different folks I guess.  I don't expect the band to make another insomniac.  I would like something similar however the reality is it won't happen and i'm okay with that.  Yet to bring up what a band did 30 years ago and still expect them to do that is asinine to me.  Why would you want a dookie, insomniac, nimrod, AI part 2.  Like no.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Montclare said:

It's gotten more views in a couple of days than the RARAN Live from Hella Mega has gotten in 2 years.

Yet another sign to retire that song. :)

Well that helps put things in perspective 😄 I just remember with the FOAM videos watching the streams for over a week waiting for them to finally hit a million views. This seems to be going at a similar snails pace. No real bump for better music (and a better video). If don’t people don’t pay attention in the first place, they wouldn’t know it’s better

• Like 2