New single - The American Dream Is Killing Me - Out Now!

HAPPY ZOMBIE UNICORN

1 hour ago, Clockwise said:

My friend and I just launched our podcast, Green Dudes. We're going through Green Day's discography song-by-song. For everyone here who wants to hear even more of my opinions. 100 percent uncut podcasting. No Swedish producers or whatever. Should be on most major podcast platforms.

We talk about TADIKM in the introduction episode, and then jump right into At The Library after. Hoping we get some hate-listeners lol.

https://redcircle.com/shows/837a696b-9c63-4c80-a051-8efa31bda841

Cool! I love Green Day podcasts. Can’t wait to listen

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That was a special circumstance.  The first video they filmed was scrapped and they had to start over.  For whatever reason they didn’t like it. So the video they slapped together in a hurry with stock footage was late.

Really? I didn’t remember hearing about that for some reason. Any indications of what the orig might have been like?

Just now, dirnt286 said:

Really? I didn’t remember hearing about that for some reason. Any indications of what the orig might have been like?

I spoke with someone in the industry who saw the cut of the original video. It was filmed at the Madonna Inn by Sam Bayer. At the time we saw posts by extras and a makeup artist who worked on it that were later deleted.  A lot of punked up actors in it.  I don’t know the details but I get the sense it was pretty wild and depraved, which actually matched the vibe of the album and he told me he thought it was a great video and didn’t know why they didn’t use it. Maybe when they saw the final cut someone panicked and killed it. Then they made a safe performance video and rushed it out.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I spoke with someone in the industry who saw the cut of the original video. It was filmed at the Madonna Inn by Sam Bayer. At the time we saw posts by extras and a makeup artist who worked on it that were later deleted.  A lot of punked up actors in it.  I don’t know the details but I get the sense it was pretty wild and depraved, which actually matched the vibe of the album and he told me he thought it was a great video and didn’t know why they didn’t use it. Maybe when they saw the final cut someone panicked and killed it. Then they made a safe performance video and rushed it out.

And I think the back cover of the album was taken at the Madonna, right?

10 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

And I think the back cover of the album was taken at the Madonna, right?

Yes they also did a photoshoot 

• Surprised 1

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Cool! I love Green Day podcasts. Can’t wait to listen

Hell yeah!

59 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Sounds like they didn't want a repeat of the Oh Love video? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Clockwise said:

Sounds like they didn't want a repeat of the Oh Love video? 

Then you wonder why they hired Sam Bayer

I wish the video was getting more views. What confuses me is they have nearly 6.5 million subscribers to their YT channel. That many people like the band enough to follow them on YT, and yet you can’t even get 600,000 streams in the first couple of days?  And that’s with a lot of fans watching the video multiple times I’m sure. Where are all these subscribers? It’s already dropped from trending from 8 to like 29.

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Billie posted a video on Instagram getting the makeup applied

I saw that literally just a few minutes after posting. Haha! :lol: I think he was getting the makeup off after the shoot. I'd like to see the whole behind the scenes of them getting it on, the shooting of the video, etc. That's always so fascinating to me!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dudley dawson said:

They played live to the track.

At any point of the night, did you get to have any casual conversations with them in between takes?

• Like 1

We got help make this video viral the numbers should be higher hopefully since Halloween is around it will pick up it’s too good to not get as many views as Blinks new stuff come on now we gotta post the video and request the song on radio…also love the “coincidence” of Blink adding 2 “new songs” to by after GD drops this masterpiece 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, billy1986 said:

We got help make this video viral the numbers should be higher hopefully since Halloween is around it will pick up it’s too good to not get as many views as Blinks new stuff come on now we gotta post the video and request the song on radio…also love the “coincidence” of Blink adding 2 “new songs” to by after GD drops this masterpiece 

To be entirely fair to blink, I think that was just their last ditch attempt at trying to snatch the number one spot on the album chart from Drake on Friday.

That being said, I like "The American Dream is Killing Me" quite a bit and I definitely want it to pick up in views too.

• Like 2

I think the number of views is ok since we are close to 600k since the single released on Tuesday ... that's pretty good 👍 

Might be a slow burner but once they do interviews and late night TV show performances (fallon, Kimmel etc) then it will pick up :ga:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

And there was an interview (which I saw quite recently on Yourube but typically can’t find right now) where Billie said the video had been a huge disaster.  I seem to remember too, someone involved in it, having a go at them about junking it as they thought it had been brilliant but dangerous, or words along those lines.

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I wish the video was getting more views. What confuses me is they have nearly 6.5 million subscribers to their YT channel. That many people like the band enough to follow them on YT, and yet you can’t even get 600,000 streams in the first couple of days?  And that’s with a lot of fans watching the video multiple times I’m sure. Where are all these subscribers? It’s already dropped from trending from 8 to like 29.

I thought that too, where are the subscribers?!

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

At any point of the night, did you get to have any casual conversations with them in between takes?

Nah, they were usually chatting with the director and other production folks. I thought about saying something, but I think it would have been awkward and that’s the last thing I wanted 😆.

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I don’t know the correlation, but from various comments I’ve seen around the interwebs from non fans, the reception for the song appears lukewarm at best (not that I care, this band has always had an absurd number of haters who will never come around). So while us here are quite happy, I think we need to accept that the masses really don’t care about it (oh well, their loss).

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Look Ma, No brains will do better than TADIKM when it comes out because it's more old school Green Day and people will respond (hopefully) positively to it :)

• Like 2