New single - The American Dream Is Killing Me - Out Now!

HAPPY ZOMBIE UNICORN

I’m at the point where my most listened to Dookie song over the last year or so is probably All By Myself lol. It’s fun to hear all the background noises I guess, but mostly it’s just that I haven’t heard it near as much as the other songs on the album. I’m somewhat the same way about Weezer’s Holiday on the Blue album, though that is a more legitimate song.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Are secret tracks even a thing anymore? Maybe if it's only released on physical copies of the album but secret songs don't work on streaming platforms. When you play Dookie, it just looks like ABM is the album closer, not a secret song. I always end with F.O.D cause I just don't find these jokey Tré songs to be funny anymore but people listening to that album for the first time who's not familiar with secret tracks will just be confused

Very true. Secret songs are a thing of the past with streaming which is a shame. That feeling of thinking the album is over and then suddenly hearing another song doesn't hit the same when streaming. There was something exciting about it. It a lost art now. And I agree. Tre's songs are fine for one listen but I don't think they're very funny or warrant repeat listens.

• Like 2

A serious Tre ballad, with Mike Dirnt and Billie battle rapping over the last few sections.  Each section is 15 minutes long.  😄  How about Mike?  Mike can write and sing.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Am I the only one who doesn't actually want a Tré song? At least not one in the vein of All By Myself or Dominated Love Slave

Nah I'm with you on that one. Although principally, because it'd be disappointing to listen to the album and find that one of those 11 new songs could be a 30 sec joke song with Tre singing about his favourite barbecue sauce :lol:

I'd be like, ok false advertisement, give me an extra song now lol

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

Nah I'm with you on that one. Although principally, because it'd be disappointing to listen to the album and find that one of those 11 new songs could be a 30 sec joke song with Tre singing about his favourite barbecue sauce :lol:

I'd be like, ok false advertisement, give me an extra song now lol

It actually would be really cool if it was exclusive to physical copies of the album. But it would annoying if it was one of the 15 album tracks. If they really wanted to release a secret track, it'd make sense to release 1 track extra than advertised, not mention it at all in promotion and have it on CD and vinyl only

• Like 3

You guys didn't hear?  Then entire album is Tre by himself.  Billie's version of the American Dream is a b side.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Come to think of it, I like how we got a full-fledged music video to get the ball rolling for this promo/album/tour cycle. I remember back in 2016 the lyric video to Bang Bang was cool (and better than the subsequent music video to be honest), but idk it's just kinda cooler to kick things off with a great and memorable music video. 

Somewhat takes me back to the American Idiot days with the AI, Holiday and JOS music videos. 

That said, I also certainly don't take for granted that we have both a great song and music video this time around. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

Come to think of it, I like how we got a full-fledged music video to get the ball rolling for this promo/album/tour cycle. I remember back in 2016 the lyric video to Bang Bang was cool (and better than the subsequent music video to be honest), but idk it's just kinda cooler to kick things off with a great and memorable music video. 

Somewhat takes me back to the American Idiot days with the AI, Holiday and JOS music videos. 

That said, I also certainly don't take for granted that we have both a great song and music video this time around. 

For FOA we didn't get a lyric or music video on release. The music video didn't come until later. Which is a really weird choice for a lead single

3 hours ago, The Grohl said:

Very true. Secret songs are a thing of the past with streaming which is a shame. That feeling of thinking the album is over and then suddenly hearing another song doesn't hit the same when streaming. There was something exciting about it. It a lost art now. And I agree. Tre's songs are fine for one listen but I don't think they're very funny or warrant repeat listens.

Tbh, I still have that moment every now and again when listening to stuff on Spotify. Usually what happens is, the album finishes, I'm doing something on the side, the laundry say, with my phone in my pocket, but I'm too lazy to switch to a different album. So I just continue what I'm doing in silence, thinking the album finished and suddenly, after a few minutes of silence a new song starts playing. I'm like wtf, did I accidentally skip to another track/album? So I pick up my phone and realise it's still the last track of the album playing, just a secret track :lol:

Does this happen to anyone else or is it just me haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

For FOA we didn't get a lyric or music video on release. The music video didn't come until later. Which is a really weird choice for a lead single

That was a special circumstance.  The first video they filmed was scrapped and they had to start over.  For whatever reason they didn’t like it. So the video they slapped together in a hurry with stock footage was late.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That was a special circumstance.  The first video they filmed was scrapped and they had to start over.  For whatever reason they didn’t like it. So the video they slapped together in a hurry with stock footage was late.

I suppose that excuses the end result quite a bit. It was... shall we say... not their best work. In fact, more generally the music video for TADIKM is really solid, one of the best music videos they've released in years. 

2 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Spotify streams for TADIKM just updated for the first time and they're at 248k. Honestly seems like quite a slow start

I see where you're coming from, but I think we'll have to see. Like with the YouTube views, I could imagine TADIKM being a bit of a slow burner. But give it more time, things might pick up. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

I see where you're coming from, but I think we'll have to see. Like with the YouTube views, I could imagine TADIKM being a bit of a slow burner. But give it more time, things might pick up. 

Is there any like item we can compare it to?

8 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

Is there any like item we can compare it to?

a comparable song you mean? well idk if the Blink song is comparable, nor what the stats on that were/are tbh 

and for any other song I could think of (Sum 41 for instance), I immediately think a comparison is not warranted

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

a comparable song you mean? well idk if the Blink song is comparable, nor what the stats on that were/are tbh 

and for any other song I could think of (Sum 41 for instance), I immediately think a comparison is not warranted

I think we could use that as a comparison. What views do they have? 

mind you both bands are hot topics right now due to recent news

1 minute ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

Did anyone else get a vinyl? So far its only 1 person, right? thats weird.

Two people, I believe.

11 hours ago, That Dude said:

I didn't realize the solo is from Basketcase, but after knowing...the song pulls from multiple songs.  Basketcase, Idiot, Know Your Enemy with the HEY!     Some might say they took their biggest hits and combined them to try and become popular again.   I don't think that, but I have seen that sentiment a time or two.   

I have noticed that a lot too, and I think these people are gonna be really fucking surprised once they figure out that Pachelbel's Canon exists. Then there's the good old talk about how many melodies can a man even create before running out of possibilities, and that's the good old...

But after all, it's still just great music inspiring people, even if it's for sarcastic remarks on how it sounds "exactly" like Basket Case, I think it's still really cool to read these comments from people who are only interested in music passively.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Slave To The Network said:

OH MY GOD! Just watched the music video for this and it was the shit! I really, really hope they put out a behind the scenes for this one! I want to see the boys getting all zombified. I actually did a sketch of "Zombillie" years ago and now I'm inspired to turn it into an actual drawing. Don't know when I'll have the time, though. 😞

Billie posted a video on Instagram getting the makeup applied

1 hour ago, HAR said:

I have noticed that a lot too, and I think these people are gonna be really fucking surprised once they figure out that Pachelbel's Canon exists. Then there's the good old talk about how many melodies can a man even create before running out of possibilities, and that's the good old...

But after all, it's still just great music inspiring people, even if it's for sarcastic remarks on how it sounds "exactly" like Basket Case, I think it's still really cool to read these comments from people who are only interested in music passively.

Now I'm listening to all these insane versions of Pachelbel's Canon on the YouTube.   WHOA.   

My most played song of the last 4 weeks.  18th most played song of the last 6 months and I'm going to keep at it until it's most played of all time.   Got a Box Car Racer song and Blink-182 song to beat.    Darn you "I Feel So" and "EDGING".   When did you guys beat "Too Dumb to Die"?????

YOUNG BLOOD! 

• Like 1