New single - The American Dream Is Killing Me - Out Now!

HAPPY ZOMBIE UNICORN

6 minutes ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

Im pretty sure 1981 will be on the album, why shouldnt it be?

Because it sucks.

• Like 2

I hope they play a part in the story of the music video like in Back in the USA instead of just cutting to a performance like in WMUWSE. Much more fun when it’s integrated and they’re acting in it

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, jakdokinori said:

I'm thinking Calling All Saviors might be the album title. 

That sounds corny to me

• Like 1

On the actual song itself, to me the melody of the slow part at the start of verse 2, and of the octave-style guitar solo, is clearly the melody of Basket Case.

Similarly, Sugar Youth took that line and melody from She's A Rebel, and OEB takes the verse guitar from Holiday. These are all too close to not be intentional, so I wonder what the thinking behind it is.

I like the new song but I'm not sure how to feel about this self-imitating thing. Anyone else? I'm so excited for the studio version, the album etc don't get me wrong.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JckThndrclff said:

I like the new song but I'm not sure how to feel about this self-imitating thing. Anyone else? I'm so excited for the studio version, the album etc don't get me wrong.

Glad you added that last sentence. A few accounts on here would have come after you hard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

It’s not really the same thing as Hella mega. This is them touring with those bands, they are the clear headliners. Just look at the size of the names on the poster compared to the hella mega ones. It’s not just a matter of set order in this case.  

I would imagine Linda Lindas, Rancid, Smashing Pumpkins and then Green Day.   I like all these bands but wish it was just an opener and Green Day.     30 minutes of Rancid, 2 hours with Green Day, peace out.  But nope.  Now we'll get 20 minutes Linda Linda's, 40 minutes Rancid, 1 hour Pumkins and 2 hours Dreen Gay.     So exhausting.   Like a 1000 hours, lol. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Reverend Strychnine Twitch said:

Plot Twist.... Look Ma No Brains is the new album name.

Kinda like that…also matching the Zombie with no brains we keep seeing on everything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Weezer had a shorter set. FOB and GD were the same. You think Smashing Pumpkins will have the same set time as Rancid? Not sure about that

Are we sure that all 4 bands will be playing every show? It's a lot in one night. But they did also have the interrupters on hella mega. I think it'll all work too, and Green Day will still have a longer set time. They are the clear headliners this time. They were still the headliners last time, but hella mega was shared between the three bands. It's THEIR tour this time. I don't think rancid and smashing pumpkins will be playing as long as Weezer and fall out boy did. I'm just hoping that Green Day diversifies their setlist and plays more than just the hits. I'm gonna be really disappointed if it ends up being the same show as hella mega tbh. Always love seeing them, but with this being their tour and such a massive year for them, I'm expecting more.

7 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Kinda like that…also matching the Zombie with no brains we keep seeing on everything.

You'd probably like that album title because you like an album title being named after you

If this tour don't include If There Was Ever A Time then I don't know what will.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Reverend Strychnine Twitch said:

Plot Twist.... Look Ma No Brains is the new album name.

It’s not, but I agree it would be a fun album title and very Green Day

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, JckThndrclff said:

On the actual song itself, to me the melody of the slow part at the start of verse 2, and of the octave-style guitar solo, is clearly the melody of Basket Case.

Similarly, Sugar Youth took that line and melody from She's A Rebel, and OEB takes the verse guitar from Holiday. These are all too close to not be intentional, so I wonder what the thinking behind it is.

They’ve done that countless times over the years though. It’s nothing new. 

9 minutes ago, greenday.stuff said:

Are we sure that all 4 bands will be playing every show?

All four bands will play each night, following a similar structure - maybe not exact, but similar - to Hella Mega. Four bands then, four bands now. It’s a model that they’ve proven works. Green Day’s set will probably be 90 minutes, as it has been since Hella Mega.

12 minutes ago, greenday.stuff said:

, but with this being their tour and such a massive year for them, I'm expecting more.

This is a good point. They’ll be touring behind a new record, which they weren’t exactly doing on Hella Mega. Additionally it will be the 20th anniversary of AI, although I don’t necessarily expect anything special for this except maybe one special set if we’re lucky

• Like 2

Just now, GooseBud said:

Anyone listen to their vinyl copies yet?

Not sure anyone on here has one.

• Like 1

Anyone else hear the chorus from "I've Never Been to Me" in the post-chorus breakdown in TADIKM? Chorus starts at 0:35 in the video. Kinda disappointed how often other songs seem to be plagiarized by GD... 

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Weezer had a shorter set. FOB and GD were the same. You think Smashing Pumpkins will have the same set time as Rancid? Not sure about that

Looking at the Hella Mega set times, GD was half an hour longer than FOB.

The Interrupters: 5:30 - 6:00

Weezer: 6:20 - 7:20

Fall Out Boy: 7:50 - 8:50

Green Day: 9:20 - 10:50

• Like 3