New single - The American Dream Is Killing Me - Out Now!

HAPPY ZOMBIE UNICORN

What a great way to introduce new music to us fans. Hope they‘ll release the b-side on tuesday as well 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

So Look Ma will not be on the album?

Ik people probably don't want me to bring them up but Blink released the One More Time single along with More Than You Know which ended up on that album. I don't think traditional B-sides that end up not being on the album is a thing anymore. If it releases, it's probably gonna be on the album

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Tomcat20 said:

Someone needs to upload those songs asap!

45 minutes ago, Flashback said:

How come that nobody who got this vinyl talks about "Hey Ma, No Brains" and why did no one upload it somewhere? 😂

🤔🤔🤔 anyone??

• Like 1

Not really happy about this stadium tour. Hella Mega didn't even stopped in Canada. And now a US/UK stadium tour... 

Billie, you said you'd be back after the FEQ 😥

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Not really happy about this stadium tour. Hella Mega didn't even stopped in Canada. And now a US/UK stadium tour... 

Billie, you said you'd be back after the FEQ 😥

No word really if UK/EU is a stadium tour. (Ignore the  sun)

if it comes after US, winter arenas is the most likely

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Are you saying "it sounds like basket case" as a negative against the song??

No, Green Day has a long history referencing their own material. The "originality" discussion is way past to me. Besides, there is little to do when your tools are limited to power chords and 4/4.

Although, they manage to make the song interesting with the breaks, like the part of "people on the street...". That part reminds me of the break on Sex Drugs and Violence or Holy Toledo.

• Like 2

Can't believe how good this song is.
''We are not well, are we not well'' part is perfect.

Just not sure about the ''People on the street unemployed and obsolete, did you ever learn to read the ransom note'' part

• Like 2

I really really love it. Way better than I was expecting. This truly feels modern and out of their comfort zone and of course it’s catchy af! Stadium anthem vibes

only downside is I wish it was longer 🥲 especially the solo

• Like 1

I guess @dudley dawson was right when he said Green Day were back!
Can't wait to see the Music Video you shoot with them for this song

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

I wonder how many people got a copy (probably small) and how many of those folks who have a record player (probably very small) and how many of them have the tools needed to record from the player (likely microscopic).

I thought everyone there got a copy.

• Like 1

Just now, DookieLukie said:

I thought everyone there got a copy.

No. They gave out only a few, I heard.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

I wonder how many people got a copy (probably small) and how many of those folks who have a record player (probably very small) and how many of them have the tools needed to record from the player (likely microscopic).

Yeah, and even if they sell it to some collector by the time it is their hands the song will be out publicly. Chances are not too high. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I’m more concerned about hearing the b-side. That might be the only release they do of it.

I honestly don't see them releasing a B-side and not including it on the album at least as a bonus track for streaming/digital copies. If they're releasing it, they probably want it to be heard

• Like 2

Maybe the 7" will be available on Tuesday to hold people over until the album in January

Also, this song is much better than I was expecting, what a great thing to wake up to this morning!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CherryBombs&Gasoline said:

I’m usually a quit observer here, mainly because FOAM and the subsequent stand alone singles have killed my excitement for new Green Day music. However, this new era is actually pretty exciting because it feels like the band actually cares about the music this time. I just felt this massive disconnect when FOAM came out, but ever since they started teasing the new single, there’s a totally different vibe. It seems like they are making an actual effort to promote the new record this time and I really like the visual style of the music video, the homepage, etc. I feel like the last time they had such a cohesiveness was with the release of 21CBD. Of course we haven’t heard the album yet, but from what we heard and saw so far, it could actually be an ambitious record again.

I‘m feeling conflicted though. I can’t wait to listen to the song but I’m not sure if a live recording will do it justice. I might wait for the official release.

Also, don't forget, FOAM's promotion got interrupted by the pandemic just a month after release

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Also, don't forget, FOAM's promotion got interrupted by the pandemic just a month after release

True, but the whole release and promotion felt kind of lazy whereas this new era seems to have a distinct visual style. But you’re right, the pandemic meant that they couldn’t really promote the album with a tour, and once Hella Mega started, people had already forgotten about the album.

• Like 3