New single - The American Dream Is Killing Me - Out Now!

HAPPY ZOMBIE UNICORN

I'm thinking the theme of this album will be along the lines of death and decay mentally and spiritually.  Because american dream touches on a lot of that.  Then after trying to decipher the lyrics from look ma no brains, you get that as well.  Hopefully we'll have a tracklist next week since that will definitely give an idea of where the band is going with this. As far as the tracks that were 1972 sessions, I don't think they scrapped them.  Not this time around.  And whose to say that they had written ten songs or more during that time.  Could have only literally been 3-4 songs before they let rob know what they were doing and he could have possibly given some other ideas and then things took off.  The theme of american dream and look ma no brains are so similar that at this point I can't see "LMNB" not being on the album.  That and the fact youtube keeps blocking it.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Biddymc said:

Oh man that would be awesome.  I did give my address out.  Fingers crossed for a special delivery!

2 minutes ago, sampy said:

Sure! I have the shipping code and it says that the package weight is 0,042 kilograms and it will be delivered to my letterbox. I didn't even think about this before I read this speculation. 

I did not, so I would be very mad at myself when they really ship some merch or music to the ones who filled out the form 😄 maybe when they reached the maximum amount of people to ship stuff to, they deactivated the full form.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jinxs said:

So... I'm from India. What are the chances, green day will mail a vinyl to me? Minuscule I'm guessing.

No chance sir, haha

15 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Why wouldn't look ma? not be on the album?

The only reason I could think of leaving the song as non- album track is that it doesn't flow well with the rest of the songs. That applies mostly for music reasons than lyrics wise. Think of Shoplifter or Too Much Too Soon. Both good songs, but where would you put them without a feeling of disrupt?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, chichi said:

Not only is the music good, but the promotion, marketing, and overall vibes around the band feels so much better than it has for the past decade. Feels like something changed internally after FOAM and some adults were finally put in charge. I still see that cringey "no Swedish songwriters" billboard posted online to this day. Crazy how poorly the band has been marketed since the trilogy days really.

Yeah, billboards so cringe.    But FOAM was so good that they purposely BUTCHered the promotion because the songs stand for themselves.    Gods among giants.  

48 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Why wouldn't look ma? not be on the album?

I think it will, but the reason why it wouldn’t is because long long ago in the days of LPs and 45s, B-sides were usually outtakes, throwaway songs and bonus tracks. 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, chichi said:

Not only is the music good, but the promotion, marketing, and overall vibes around the band feels so much better than it has for the past decade. Feels like something changed internally after FOAM and some adults were finally put in charge. I still see that cringey "no Swedish songwriters" billboard posted online to this day. Crazy how poorly the band has been marketed since the trilogy days really.

I was just saying THIS is how you market!!

I need that 7”!! 😩😩 really hoping they do send it out or at least make it available for purchase on the 24th. Not ready to pay $500 for it on ebay

• Like 3

5 hours ago, redline punk said:

The B side really reminded me a lot of Shenanigans, very good. If the album's quality is similar to these two songs, then we're good.

It reminds me a lot of parts from desensitized, sick, and Maria. Awesome harmonies from bill too!:rudys:

• Like 3

The Linda Lindas have 487,000 listeners.   Rancid have 1.4 million.   Pumpkins have 10.7 million and Green Day have 32 Million.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Flashback said:

Maybe they send stuff to people in the US but I can't imagine that anyone in the EU will get anything because of the strict data protection law.

GDPR has no impact on this. Shipping costs might make it an issue. 

12 minutes ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

GDPR has no impact on this. Shipping costs might make it an issue. 

Green Day's European fan store products are sent from UK warehouse. They might have limited stock of singles there or somewhere else? 

Just now, sampy said:

Green Day's European fan store products are sent from UK warehouse. They might have limited stock of singles there or somewhere else? 

Yeah that would make it easier for sure. Fingers crossed, I managed to register when the address stuff was still open but didn’t get any shipping notification. 

2 minutes ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

Yeah that would make it easier for sure. Fingers crossed, I managed to register when the address stuff was still open but didn’t get any shipping notification. 

I didn't get any notification either. Finnish Post Office has its own phone app where you can track orders etc. This random tracking number just appeared there. I'm trying to think about what could it be. When I saw people here talking about the possibility of that they are sending something via mail, I just started to put the pieces together. 😄 It just sounds too good to be true!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, sampy said:

I didn't get any notification either. Finnish Post Office has its own phone app where you can track orders etc. This random tracking number just appeared there. I'm trying to think about what could it be. When I saw people here talking about the possibility of that they are sending something via mail, I just started to put the pieces together. 😄 It just sounds too good to be true!

If it turns out not to be true, please accept my apologies for bringing up the idea 😂 I hope you get something! 

If not the vinyl single itself, I'm thinking it might be something like that art card with the printed lyrics. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KGLWW said:

I’m still not sure I’m crazy about the new single, but I seemed to like the studio version better. I like it a lot stylistically and the lyrics are good, but still not real sure how I feel about the chorus

I mean sure there's some repetitive parts but it's not to an annoying degree like on here comes the shock 

17 hours ago, ekim said:

Because the stupid zombie gave it out to a douche hoarder and a casual fan without a freaking record player, 'look ma no brains' in deed! anybody else wanna see the zombie taken out negan style ?

This didn't age well now did it?  undead lives matter! 

13 hours ago, emenius said:

Uuuugh….now I’m nervous to see the album tracklist. Look Ma far too good to be just a b-side in the traditional sense.

I just hope there's more than 10 songs, give us at least 14.or go all out like they did with 21st century breakdown 18 +bsides