New single - The American Dream Is Killing Me - Out Now!

HAPPY ZOMBIE UNICORN

Just now, GDFan2019 said:

I’m sure 1981 would sound a lot better live now without sound issues

I think so as well! Especially as an album track amongst more stuff like TADIKM

8 minutes ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

So I guess if we're hearing Look Ma no Brains in those early 1972 teasers that means this project really did evolve from that. A record two years in the making!

Makes me think we might get a decent amount of songs if they already had an EP's worth and piled on top of that

If the EP/album was originally going to be called 1972, I wonder if they had different lyrics at that point before it evolved into this zombie theme. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

If the EP/album was originally going to be called 1972, I wonder if they had different lyrics at that point before it evolved into this zombie theme. 

Thought the same! Maybe in 30 years we will hear the original lyrics like in Basket Case

• Like 2

I'm still curious about why the wake up call sign up form on October 1st asked for your home address, but then cut off after a certain point (a day or so IIRC) and now only asks for your email and country/region. 

Any ideas? There's a part of me that wonders if it's a promo thing where the people who signed up with their address might receive some promo material in the mail or something.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jakdokinori said:

I'm still curious about why the wake up call sign up form on October 1st asked for your home address, but then cut off after a certain point (a day or so IIRC) and now only asks for your email and country/region. 

Any ideas? There's a part of me that wonders if it's a promo thing where the people who signed up with their address might receive some promo material in the mail or something.

Unless and until someone randomly receives something in the mail we’re not going to know the answer to that

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, jakdokinori said:

Probably just an error when publishing the form on the webpage!

Edited by DJ Rosstar
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DJ Rosstar said:

Probably just an error when publishing the form on the webpage!

Or maybe marketing research? Whatever they want with these information 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I wonder if the album will have more tracks with an orchestra. Don't think that they book an orchestra just for these 15 seconds in one song. 🤔

I don't think 1981 will be on the album, I feel like that and anything related to 1972 are dead and burried.

I guess we'll wait and see if I'm wrong 

4 minutes ago, Doggins said:

I don't think 1981 will be on the album, I feel like that and anything related to 1972 are dead and burried.

They played it live 3 months ago. Why would they do that if they weren't planning on releasing it

Additionally, 1981 appears in the background of the most recent TADIKM teaser. Why would they do that?

• Like 1

Maybe they send stuff to people in the US but I can't imagine that anyone in the EU will get anything because of the strict data protection law.

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, jakdokinori said:

Maybe they were mailing out the vinyl single and then just decided to give the rest away at the secret show and hide some around Vegas

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Doggins said:

The guitar in No Brains is from an early 1972 studio clip

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Maybe they were mailing out the vinyl single and then just decided to give the rest away at the secret show and hide some around Vegas

If they actually shipped those 7inch records I’m going to be one happy fan :) 

• Like 3

I am not gonna pretend that the new single is the best song they have written but boy I haven't been this excited for new era since bang bang. I love look ma no brains too. I hope it stays on the album. Billie sounded great live btw. I hope he is not going to fuck up his voice.

1 minute ago, Macys said:

I am not gonna pretend that the new single is the best song they have written but boy I haven't been this excited for new era since bang bang. I love look ma no brains too. I hope it stays on the album. Billie sounded great live btw. I hope he is not going to fuck up his voice.

Look ma, no brains has got that  confusing, interesting nimrod/insomniac vibe

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Flashback said:

Maybe they send stuff to people in the US but I can't imagine that anyone in the EU will get anything because of the strict data protection law.

Actually I'm wondering what random shipment I'm waiting. It has been sent out October 2nd and it's coming from abroad. And I live in Finland. I haven't orderded anything.

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

So excited for this era.  Love both songs so much.  Been struggling a bit lately, and the lift from these songs is just amazing.  So wish  I could have been in vegas for that show.  I had to miss the metro (and I live in Chicago) because I was driving my son cross country.  I'm not a huge fan of the stadium shows, tbh, but my dream is to be at a club show like that.  I am really stoked about the promotion so far and I can not wait til we start getting some real interviews.  I hope we hear some of the process of how 1972 came to be TADIKM.  I remember when, was it the Black Crows?, dropped their album 1972, and I thought, well, that just killed 1972 for GD, lol.  Anyway, I feel confident the wait will be worth it this time.  I love that they sang 2 FOAM songs in Vegas, because that tells me that FOAM wasn't a revenge on Warner album, but something creative the band wanted to do, and I strongly believe it wasn't well produced to be actualized in the best way.  Somehow when Rob is truly at the helm, it brings out something in the band that is a step above.  I loved REVRAD but it also had some weak parts, and FOAM was ever weaker in most parts.  The Trilogy to me was a combination of some really tight, amazing concepts, and too many under developed filler.  But, in true punk form, a song doesn't have to be fully actualized, it can exist in the most primitive form and still bang.  There is a sweet spot there, and I am hoping this new album hits the spot perfectly!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sampy said:

Actually I'm wondering what random shipment I'm waiting. It has been sent out October 2nd and it's coming from abroad. And I live in Finland. I haven't order anything.

Please keep us updated 😄

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Flashback said:

Please keep us updated 😄

Oh man that would be awesome.  I did give my address out.  Fingers crossed for a special delivery!

• Like 2

Just now, Flashback said:

Please keep us updated 😄

Sure! I have the shipping code and it says that the package weight is 0,042 kilograms and it will be delivered to my letterbox. I didn't even think about this before I read this speculation. 

• Like 3