New single - The American Dream Is Killing Me - Out Now!

HAPPY ZOMBIE UNICORN

34 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Why? If it's good enough to be on the album, put it on the album. It's not going to get listened to otherwise.

Think on the positive side..

If it's not included in the album then there are probably much better songs in the catalogue? Hmm? Hmm??

• Like 1

I’m still not sure I’m crazy about the new single, but I seemed to like the studio version better. I like it a lot stylistically and the lyrics are good, but still not real sure how I feel about the chorus

Cannot wait to hear a proper recording of this. I love not only are these great songs but also unlike 1981 they played it so perfectly live too, really did get to hear the true song from the get go minus the orchestra bits.

Wondering now if they'll play Look Ma at the festival

• Like 2

I love most of the single but not loving the quiet bit, may well grow on me but right now it feels like it just breaks up the flow.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, CherryBombs&Gasoline said:

Man, all these positive reactions make it hard for me not to listen to the songs. I’ll wait for the official release though. I honestly can’t remember the last time a new Green Day song gut such a positive response. I really hope that that’s a good sign for the album.

Yesh same. I‘m waiting for the official release on tuesday with the video and maybe the pre-order and check the live version afterwards. But its nice most of the fans really like the song. Could be the first time for years

• Like 2

Seriously though where does new album speculation now go?

16 minutes ago, jengd said:

I love most of the single but not loving the quiet bit, may well grow on me but right now it feels like it just breaks up the flow.

I like it 😊

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, jengd said:

Honestly for me that's the part that sets it apart from some of their more recent stuff. Just changing gears like that and throwing another idea in there is so Green Day to me and I've missed those softer orchestral falsetto moments since 21CB and the Trilogy 

• Like 4

So, my only question is ever since I looked up One  Eyed Bastard on YouTube I’ve since gotten snippets that are “FOAM Outtakes..” are those full songs in the wild. I know this isn’t the place for this but I just don’t know where to put this…

33 minutes ago, jengd said:

It reminds me of Mike’s part in Sex Drugs and Violence, and also ‘there’s a disturbance on the oceanside’ part in American Eulogy. I think it’ll sound better hearing it properly instead of via a recording of a playback. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

Fantano's gonna hate it, isn't he :lol:

When did he last enjoy Green Day? Nimrod?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

When did he last enjoy Green Day? Nimrod?

yeah he's just a green day hater at this point.

hilarious to watch him dislike basically anything they release though 

The American Dream is Killing Me has so many great elements in it, I can't get it out of my head anymore. The ripped vinyl recording sounds amazing. Green Day, Rob Cavallo and Chris Lord-Alge really upped their game as CLA said 😍 The string section after the first chorus really fits the song.

I especially love the verse "Goddamn I am so grateful, forever faithful to the American Dream". It also sounds like a sarcastic reference to the conservative Republicans who yelled at him after he said that he will renounce his citizenship. But probably the song was recorded before that.

GREEN DAY IS BACK 😍

• Like 3

There's some production elements that they clearly recycled from Holiday (the "say" and "shahh" background shouts), but tbh I'm not mad, they make the song sound badass and well... punk... in the Green Day way. 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

yeah he's just a green day hater at this point.

hilarious to watch him dislike basically anything they release though 

Not his fault green day have been releasing shitty music for more than a decade now.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

Ok. I haven't been this EXCITED for a song since Back In The USA!!!(and i became a fan during RevRad) omg THIS SOUNDS SO GOOD!!! I wish the b side would be on the album too, its giving Shenigans vibes for some reason. Anyone else getting that?

Seriously both song are fucking good I just want the studio version PLEASE

• Like 3

So I guess if we're hearing Look Ma no Brains in those early 1972 teasers that means this project really did evolve from that. A record two years in the making!

Makes me think we might get a decent amount of songs if they already had an EP's worth and piled on top of that

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

Cannot wait to hear a proper recording of this. I love not only are these great songs but also unlike 1981 they played it so perfectly live too, really did get to hear the true song from the get go minus the orchestra bits.

Wondering now if they'll play Look Ma at the festival

I’m sure 1981 would sound a lot better live now without sound issues

• Like 1