New single - The American Dream Is Killing Me - Out Now!

HAPPY ZOMBIE UNICORN

12 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

It's so confusing to me that they chose to release something like FOAM when they still had it in them to make songs like this.

Like, it really shouldn't feel strange to hear a new Green Day song and think "omg it actually sounds like Green Day" but here we are ... :P 

I've always thought that they purposely arranged the songs just so they're slightly longer than an EP and just qualifying as an album to kinda stick it to Warner, but then again, why risk alienating the fans?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

It's so confusing to me that they chose to release something like FOAM when they still had it in them to make songs like this.

Like, it really shouldn't feel strange to hear a new Green Day song and think "omg it actually sounds like Green Day" but here we are ... :P 

I was actually just thinking that the song American Dream is definitely the proper follow up to Back in the USA

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ekim said:

Hope it's out along side American dream on the 24th 

I wonder if they play TADIKM one night of WWWY and Look Ma! On the second night then on the 24th we get both on streaming etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

You can put these next to songs from American idiot and 21st century and they feel right at home hope the rest of the album is like that 

33 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

LMNB sounds amazing! 

I actually like it more than American dream gonna say it's one of billies best choruses it's not repetitive it's well written 

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

I've always thought that they purposely arranged the songs just so they're slightly longer than an EP and just qualifying as an album to kinda stick it to Warner, but then again, why risk alienating the fans?

Whenever I see people's vinyl or cd collections on reddit foam is almost always missing it's like fans don't even wanna acknowledge it's existence lol 

• Sad 1

I think it was @GDFan2019 who mentioned some similar promotion for the Trilogy and yes the band used to post a partial map of the town they were playing and you had to find I think it was a boombox in that area. The first person that found it won tickets to the show that night.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OMG both tracks sound amazing!! This to me sounds like Green Day at their best. I can’t wait for this album, I wish they also sold a limited run of the 7” vinyl as I collect Green Day vinyls a need this for my collection! It’s also the sort of 7” I would put in my dad’s 1960’s jukebox for Halloween! 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Whatshisnamee said:

OMG both tracks sound amazing!! This to me sounds like Green Day at their best. I can’t wait for this album, I wish they also sold a limited run of the 7” vinyl as I collect Green Day vinyls a need this for my collection! It’s also the sort of 7” I would put in my dad’s 1960’s jukebox for Halloween! 

Maybe they will release this 7“ for public on Tuesday.

• Like 3

Anyone wanna help with this???

Green Day - Look Ma No Brains Lyrics

Verse 1

Don't know much about history, cause i never learned how to read.

Dropout I'm a knucklehead, sick boy I'm a shit the bed

Pre-Chorus

maybe I'm lucky deviant, maybe I'm got ???

?????

Verse 2

slamdance I'm face the kid,

?????.....is my only win

nude boy cause I'm comatose

dropout and I'm adios

Pre-Chorus

i can rob the sirens and I'm a missing link

Oh god I think I'm gonna lose my soul

Chorus

i said look ma I ain't got no brains

I'm a goner and I don't feel no pain

I'm superb and I'm all by myself

something special and I don't need your help

Bridge

well I'm gone gone gone gone far away

don't bother me, don't bother me

well I've lost my head and I'm here to stay

don't bother me, don't bother me

?????

well its too late now to my suicide

Chorus

i said look ma I ain't got no brains

I'm a goner and I don't feel no pain

I'm superb and I'm all by myself

Cause i'm special and I don't need your help

• Like 1

Love the sound of LMNB!!!

12 hours ago, steve46 said:

Can someone explain the meaning behind this line to me?

I kinda see it as certainty at first (‘we are not home’) and then second guessing (‘are we not home?’) because of the American Dream propaganda being sold to them. Or could be a call and response, one person sure this isn’t their home and the other person going ‘well actually aren't we home? Because this is just normal for us now?’

37 minutes ago, Virtuous Xman said:

Anyone wanna help with this??

Pre-Chorus

?????

I heard ‘maybe I got terminal vertigo’ 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DeJennsitized said:

Love the sound of LMNB!!!

I kinda see it as certainty at first (‘we are not home’) and then second guessing (‘are we not home?’) because of the American Dream propaganda being sold to them. Or could be a call and response, one person sure this isn’t their home and the other person going ‘well actually aren't we home? Because this is just normal for us now?’

I heard ‘maybe I got terminal vertigo’ 

you're right that's sounds about right actually

Wow, why would LMNB be a b-side? Such an awesome song. I hope it's because Cavallo, the band and the rest of the production team thought the other songs on the album were simply better!

In any case, this is the most excited I've been for new Green Day in a very long time. 

• Like 1

I’m not taking the song being a b-side of this vinyl as meaning that it won’t be included in the album — someone pointed out already that Blink did this with a song that ended up included

The two songs sound amazing together, hope it’s the actual sequence from the album!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

Wow, why would LMNB be a b-side? Such an awesome song. I hope it's because Cavallo, the band and the rest of the production team thought the other songs on the album were simply better!

In any case, this is the most excited I've been for new Green Day in a very long time. 

As it was stated in a earlier post.  It doesn't appear that LMNB is a b-side.  Reason being is outside of the american dream is killing me.  LMNB keeps being taken down fpr people to rip it or just listen to it online.  Now if the song was a b-side why take it down, I mean its not going to have a major release like the album or singles would.  Unless....LMNB is one of the songs on the album and the label doesn't want multiple songs being streamed until after the album is released.  Since right now The american dream is killing me and even 1981 are on youtube, both live versions and the album version of american dream.  Yet when folks try to put up LMNB it gets taken down.  I don't think its a coincidence.

8 minutes ago, Virtuous Xman said:

As it was stated in a earlier post.  It doesn't appear that LMNB is a b-side.  Reason being is outside of the american dream is killing me.  LMNB keeps being taken down fpr people to rip it or just listen to it online.  Now if the song was a b-side why take it down, I mean its not going to have a major release like the album or singles would.  Unless....LMNB is one of the songs on the album and the label doesn't want multiple songs being streamed until after the album is released.  Since right now The american dream is killing me and even 1981 are on youtube, both live versions and the album version of american dream.  Yet when folks try to put up LMNB it gets taken down.  I don't think its a coincidence.

hmm ok, interesting

The B side really reminded me a lot of Shenanigans, very good. If the album's quality is similar to these two songs, then we're good.

• Like 4

I think I'm the only one who prefers American Dream over LMNB. I just think the hooks and melodies are really strong on TADIKM. I think I might need to hear the proper studio recording of LMNB on spotify or something because I can't really make that much out on the recording we have

Does anyone have the actual lyrics for LMNB. Cause ik the lyrics for TADIKM were actually written and passed around at the show. Does the vinyl include the lyrics to both songs? We can make out some of the lyrics for LMNB and it seems like Billie is trying to do something with the lyrics this time around. 1981 lyrically is pretty generic but these two songs do have actual genuine meaning which is a start. I just hope the rest of the album isn't closer to 1981's lyrics. LIstening to 1981 live and hearing the production of TADIKM, I think 1981 could end up being a solid track with good production. Even if it's simple and lyrically generic

I'm sure that LMNB is already on the album. GD haven't made a traditional B-side that doesn't end up on the album since Lights Out/Hearts Collide in 2009. I doubt they'd make a fully produced song like LMNB and not include it on the album in 2023. It's not like State of Shock or anything that only got a demo release (because it's not a very interesting song)

• Like 3

Do you think Brains will be released alongside American dream ?? 

Just like Blink did with their latest album?

Man i really wana listen to the MP3 quality of Brains.. it's sounds so dope..

The start riff sounds like Maria and the pre chorus gives Foxboro vibes

• Like 3