Dookie 30th Anniversary

Liam

So now that we're going to have this, along with the new album, what do you guys think the release windows would look like for both? Like, is Dookie coming out in February? Will the new album come out earlier, in let's say, October?

53 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

So now that we're going to have this, along with the new album, what do you guys think the release windows would look like for both? Like, is Dookie coming out in February? Will the new album come out earlier, in let's say, October?

Purely speculative but I would guess Dookie in Feb, new album in May/June, AI anniversary release in September.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

Purely speculative but I would guess Dookie in Feb, new album in May/June, AI anniversary release in September.

But didn't Hans say the first single will be out in "fall-ish"?

I think 1972 will be postponed until August-October or later in 2024, and Dookie's 30th Anniversary will be next February. Meanwhile, along these months we could get a single from Dookie 30th Anniversary, for instance an unreleased song like "You Irritate me" was released on Nimrod XXV cycle as a first single.

The fact that Green Day played 1981 weeks ago doesn't neccesarily mean they are going to release it as a single soon. Just think about songs like Warning (First time played in 1999), Stay the Night (First time played in 2010) or Geek Stink Breath (First time played in 1994)

Just hoping that if there's a Dookie 30 live-album-ish record that they don't do the same as with Nimrod. Let's get some never heard live performances with some new (old) stuff that we haven't heard. 

Dookie live from Serbia in 2013 would be one of those raries. They're probably never gonna play there again, so that would be cool.

• Like 2

My dream Dookie30th edition would be:

-Video of Lollapalooza 1994 Concert in full

-Official and high quality video release of Jaded In Chicago 

-Surprise early versions of Westbound Sign, Armatage Shanks and Geek Stink Breath. They were all performed during 1994 soundchecks, performances.

-Some unreleased footage including interviews, behind the scenes of making the videos, performances that Mtv have not aired in full to this day, outtakes from photoshoots etc

-Plus all b-sides and demos

Probably 80% of the above will not happen but it's nice to dream.

• Like 2

2024 is going to be an interesting greenday year for sure

dookie 30

AI 20

• Like 4

Dear Warner:

For dookie 30 i wish:

CD 1: dookie remastered

CD 2: all demos (incl. J.A.R and Haushinka) mastered + b-sides (Christie road included)

CD 3: full st petersburg show + full woodstock show 

CD 4: full Chicago show + full Barcelona garatage show

• Like 1

I doubt they’d blow their wad on doing a Dookie and AI reissue in the same year, especially with a new studio album on the way. Plus I don’t think my wallet could take it. What a Sophie’s Choice that would be. 

• Like 4

Yeah seems crowded to even do a Dookie 30th and a new record. Both could get in the way of the other.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jengd said:

Could this be the movies they seemed to be making?

Movie?

There was talk of them making a movie with the guy who did Ordinary World (have forgotten his name) and a photo of them with three young lads who could conceivably have been taking their parts in a movie of them.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, jengd said:

There was talk of them making a movie with the guy who did Ordinary World (have forgotten his name) and a photo of them with three young lads who could conceivably have been taking their parts in a movie of them.

Oh I thought that was for a music video allegedly. Interested to see what that turns into.

Take all my money I don't care I want this 30th anniversary edition.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Maddie86 said:

So they just started teasing Dookie30, that means it's coming out in like 2026, right?

It means they’ll tease it for a year and then say nothing about it for another two years

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Following the Nimrod pattern, if my old person memory doesn’t fail me, they’ll start releasing “singles” and preorders soon, release the digital version sometimes in fall/winter before Christmas, and ship physical copies early 2024 which fits the February anniversary.

How this can match the release of a new record in the first quarter of 2024 is a mystery to me. 

• Like 1