Dookie 30th Anniversary

Liam

2 minutes ago, billy1986 said:

Is live in Barcelona where the played Dookie in full?

Probably the old show in 1994, they played Dookie in Madrid in 2019

So is the vinyl set going to have anything the CD set doesn’t? The 4 CDs are Dookie, Woodstock, Live in Barcelona and demos. I assume Dookie and Woodstock are only one LP each like before. Are the demos and live show 2 LPs each? That would be the 6 LPs

3 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

So is the vinyl set going to have anything the CD set doesn’t? The 4 CDs are Dookie, Woodstock, Live in Barcelona and demos. I assume Dookie and Woodstock are only one LP each like before. Are the demos and live show 2 LPs each? That would be the 6 LPs

barcelona 1994 is a short set, I doubt they will stretch it into 2 lps.

Maybe OG Dookie is a two vinil set with extras and demos other 2 lp set

A little bummed about no Jaded. If it came on a Blu-Ray on the CD set that would’ve been enough to get me to buy the vinyl and the CD. As it is I’ll just get the vinyl. Still hype though. The clean WICA is still intriguing, what other extras could they have in store? Guess we’ll find out soon. 

• Like 2

Just now, Mato said:

I wonder if there's a chance CLA remixed the original record? And live show as well?

At least the boys spent a decent time with him over the last couple of months. 

I hope they'll release a new demo out there with the 30th Dookie Anniversary announcement tomorrow.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

That would require the original stems to be available. From the Green Day Rock Band days, I remember extensive discussion about recovering the stems from tape and digitizing them for inclusion in the game. Most of Dookie was able to be successfully digitized but "Chump" and "Longview" had issues. Maybe (hopefully) something has changed on that front.

AI demixing has come a long way since GDRB was being worked on. They used it on the Revolver reissue that came out last year. Not sure if the team has access to that software or not but that kind of thing is way easier than it used to be.

For my money the only reason to bother with that would be a Dolby Atmos conversion. Does Dookie need a remix or remaster for regular stereo? I say no way.

• Like 2

Just now, Gwen Stacy said:

AI demixing has come a long way since GDRB was being worked on. They used it on the Revolver reissue that came out last year. Not sure if the team has access to that software or not but that kind of thing is way easier than it used to be.

For my money the only reason to bother with that would be a Dolby Atmos conversion. Does Dookie need a remix or remaster for regular stereo? I say no way.

Agreed — it already sounds really good and is representative of rock music sound at that time. I’m not a fan of Atmos for rock music where it is simply drums, bass, guitar, and vocals, which is all the album has.

hello all, long time no post. always exciting when the band is doing something fun enough that makes me want to log back on.

anyway - I saw on reddit somebody said the tracklisting had leaked. I don't feel like digging through the thread, but does anybody have that handy? or is it not out yet.

exciting stuff!

Dookie could be a little bit louder on apple music/Streaming, but the quality is very good and has a great sound for their first major and 1994 (yes even on CD). There are bad produced albums later in the 90s (californication) than Dookie.

30 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

Agreed — it already sounds really good and is representative of rock music sound at that time. I’m not a fan of Atmos for rock music where it is simply drums, bass, guitar, and vocals, which is all the album has.

Atmos can be good or bad depending on the mix especially for rock. I’ve heard great sounding Atmos stuff (Beatles and Giles Martin’s new Pet Sounds mix) and atrocious Atmos mixes (the Motley Crue albums and The Beach Boys Sounds of Summer reissue). It really just depends. But I’m a spoiled brat and I want my Dookie in surround sound. 

• Like 2

Dookie 30th Anniversary Super Deluxe Edition may include an Ernie puppet from Sesame Street with a mini Dookie t-shirt on. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, greendepent said:

Why on earth would you want a punk rock record on atmos/surround? This is not Pink Floyd :lol:

This is exactly how I feel. There's nothing to make "surround" here as the only stereo aspect to this is room mics on the drums and the panned left/right guitars. If the album had other sound elements or more interesting usage of sound layers I could see it.

• Like 4