Dookie 30th Anniversary

Liam

22 minutes ago, Gwen Stacy said:

The clip is from Jaded in Chicago too 🤔

Judging by this: Somehow I don't feel all that excited for demos and a live performance we've all seen so many times. Fingers crossed that it would be more to it than like the Nimrod release, but I expect them to go down the same path with the Dookie 30th anniversary. 

But wondering why there isn‘t a leaked tracklist like the 25th nimrod release days before.

I‘m fine with a remastered Audio Release for Jaded in Chicago but would be cool if they‘d add one of those full performances for dookie from 2013 or 2019 besides it with these demos/re-recorded versions for Christie Road and 2LYA. But the good thing is: thursday is in 26 hours in europe. So its up to you aussies to keep an eye on streaming services 😂

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, cav9mm said:

That “When i come around “  snippet is glorious.

I love the guitar tone.

I hope there is an acoustic version of “Pulling Teeth”

seeing billie playing pulling teeth acoustic live in mainz(germany) back in 2010 was one of my top highlights ever at a green day show!

• Like 3

I can't see them just ignoring Dookie 30 beyond just posting a few social media posts about it like they have for Nimrod 25 and Insomniac 25. Dookie is arguably their most well known album. It would be like if Linkin Park just kinda released Hybrid Theory and Meteora's 20th anniversary albums without really even talking about it. Ik Green Day isn't really comparable to Linkin Park in that GD are still active in making albums and stuff while Linkin Park hasn't made any new songs since One More Light in 2017 due to Chester's passing but I still think the idea of a band releasing a 30 year anniversary edition of their biggest album would just be some random release that never really gets talked about or even mentioned by the band is just not something I can see happening. Insomniac and Nimrod are not albums that are hugely beloved outside of the main Green Day fandom. The mainstream and casual fans don't care about those albums (outside of Good Riddance)

Idc if this release delays the new album because I wasn't expecting the album to come any time soon anyway. Based on 1981 which is average at best and the fact that the teasers we heard were an eternity ago, the band has just done nothing to get me excited about the new album yet and there's been no indication that the album is even coming. A random performance of an unknown song doesn't mean anything when it's followed by weeks of nothing

• Like 2

30 years of angry punks (Gilman er al) gatekeeping their subculture have only served to prove the resilience and enduring appeal of this passionate, defiant form of expression: dookie is great!

From now on, my name will be synonymous with Dookie!

22f28769-5e86-4808-9bfa-c5b5a176a28d_tex

• Confused 1

59 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Idc if this release delays the new album because I wasn't expecting the album to come any time soon anyway. Based on 1981 which is average at best and the fact that the teasers we heard were an eternity ago, the band has just done nothing to get me excited about the new album yet and there's been no indication that the album is even coming. A random performance of an unknown song doesn't mean anything when it's followed by weeks of nothing

Agreed. They haven't had passion for their new music since the Trilogy. 1981 was very generic and they will probably honor Dookie legacy release over anything new. It's sad what this band has become.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Agreed. They haven't had passion for their new music since the Trilogy. 1981 was very generic and they will probably honor Dookie legacy release over anything new. It's sad what this band has become.

I wouldn't judge it by that performance. Billie was clearly having audio issues

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

💰🖐

• Like 2

I miss the energy and fire of the Trilogy. Even the Longshot was pretty exciting. If they get more fired up about another re-issue than the new record that will be disappointing.

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

I wouldn't judge it by that performance. Billie was clearly having audio issues

The lyrics were not good.

• Like 4

My little theory about the stripped down of When I Come Around is that Cavallo suggested to work in that kind of songs to see if they can sell it to a movie or something. Obviously it didn't come too far because they didn't released before.

But well, one only can dream about it

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I can't see them just ignoring Dookie 30 beyond just posting a few social media posts about it like they have for Nimrod 25 and Insomniac 25. Dookie is arguably their most well known album. 

I agree, but ever since the trilogy (maybe longer) the marketing and promotion for releases have been so bad, like they just do the bare minimum and nothing more. The trilogy marketing was fucked (naturally), but so was FOAM (didn't have to). There is so much to their music and history, but it feels like they just don't care too much (and that's fine, they do what the fuck they wanna do). 

One example is all their tiny bits of live performance videos they put out on IG or TikTok from the different eras, why keep all that kept in a vault and not release some bits of songs on i.e. YouTube every once in a while? I think it would do great to both the band and the fans (and fans that's yet to come). 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, M1KEY said:

FINALLY someone said it. LOL

Because it's not an acoustic guitar. 🤣

How do you know?

Wow yeah I was completely uninterested in this but that clip of WICA is exciting. Hopefully there's more good stuff coming and it's not just the one interesting thing on this 😅

• Like 3

Just now, ThranaM said:

Bottom left one says Woodstock 94 so I guess we were right.. 

thats just the Vinyl, not CD.

seems like Woodstock, Dookie 2 LP and Demos

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

Looks beautiful!! I need the vinyl of that. Where did you find that picture?

ebay

1 hour ago, ThranaM said:

We're in 2023, why tease us a 240p quality picture 💀

That's all I got myself

• Like 1