Dookie 30th Anniversary

Liam

5 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

We kind of had a new single tho

Not remotely true 

9 hours ago, Maddie86 said:

I thought I remember one of them saying that they recorded Haushinka too but it's not on the list 

The session linked was the actual album recording session, there are multiple demo recording sessions for Dookie and a separate session for the re-recording of Chump & Longview. In the demo sessions they recorded Haushinka, J.A.R. and a couple of covers

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

The HD versions on YouTube aren’t true HD sources tho so there’d be value on getting a true HD source 

I have no idea why this is a common misconception, but Jaded in Chicago wasn't, and didn't have any of It's material filmed in High Definition. It was filmed straight to analog tape.

• Like 3

I suppose if there is a release for Dookie's 30 Anniversary, it will be:

* Dookie Remastered (Maybe extended with the b-sides plus the new version recorded for Christie Road and the original takes for Chump and Longview)

* Demos (There are several sources, mainly: Art of Ears Demos (1992 and 1993 versions) and Dancing Dogs Demos.

* Live performances or a full show from Dookie era: Woodstock (Less probable because there is an official release), Jannus Landing (Vast Majority of Live recording from Dookie era were taken from this show), Chicago 1994 or... Barcelona 1994???

• Love 2

1 hour ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

I have no idea why this is a common misconception, but Jaded in Chicago wasn't, and didn't have any of It's material filmed in High Definition. It was filmed straight to analog tape.

Well true but an official release taken from the master should in theory be a better source than YouTube sources is my stance on the reason Jaded should get an official release 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

Well true but an official release taken from the master should in theory be a better source than YouTube sources is my stance on the reason Jaded should get an official release

Oh, you're absolutely right on that. I was just addressing the misconception that Jaded was filmed in HD.

I'd absolutely kill for a Blu-Ray release either way, since the auditory benefits from a lossless audio track would be substantial.

• Like 2

Would be awesome if they‘ll release a boxset like Linkin Park with Meteora with 4 unreleased shows on a DVD and an unreleased show on CD/Streaming which would 5 different shows. But that just never gonna happen because Green Day never released a FULL show on DVD 😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

Oh, you're absolutely right on that. I was just addressing the misconception that Jaded was filmed in HD.

I'd absolutely kill for a Blu-Ray release either way, since the auditory benefits from a lossless audio track would be substantial.

MTV seems to be inconsistent with what they used to film with so I just assumed they filmed on film for the show 

4 hours ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

Woodstock 94 was filmed in HD, we might see some of that next year.

IMHO it is very unlikely to have a physical video disc included in the box set. At best a download code for a digital copy, more likely a bunch of videos uploaded on the official YouTube channel used for promotional purposes, as for Nimrod.
The box set itself will most likely be audio and paper material only IMHO.

5 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

MTV seems to be inconsistent with what they used to film with so I just assumed they filmed on film for the show 

Fair enough.

I also must apologize, as I have tagged you in particular, when I meant for it to be a general statement.

6 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

Fair enough.

I also must apologize, as I have tagged you in particular, when I meant for it to be a general statement.

No biggie man no need to apologize 

• Thanks 1

We already have all the dookie demos and they know this and they would probably throw in just the live tracks ep from 94 and no bsides. How many bsides were in the nimrod set again? Exactly.

• Like 1

Whatever they release, I just hope that they have a CD boxset with all of the same content as vinyl boxset. It's one thing that annoyed with the Linkin Park releases. To get the full collection, I would have to buy the vinyl boxset when I don't have a record player.

• Like 4

Just now, Jean said:

Whatever they release, I just hope that they have a CD boxset with all of the same content as vinyl boxset. It's one thing that annoyed with the Linkin Park releases. To get the full collection, I would have to buy the vinyl boxset when I don't have a record player.

Yeah same, I just wanted the Live DVDs without paying 200 for the demos and LPU 3.0 and 4.0 (which I already have in my collection)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

The uncensored version leaked a few years back was straight from MTV's master tape. We pretty much have it in the best quality already (besides compression issues). 

1 minute ago, 80 Androids said:

The uncensored version leaked a few years back was straight from MTV's master tape. We pretty much have it in the best quality already (besides compression issues). 

Well true, but YouTube compression is also a factor. Plus, we don't know if this source has been encoded beforehand. 

I don't think Jaded In Chicago would be in their plans, if the commemoration is a live show. It's a show taped by MTV. Until Jeremy (that comedian) came along and gifted us with the full version, this was a show that is not even mentioned by the band. It makes more sense, if it's going to be a live show, they release something that marked their career, like Woodstock or Lollapalooza, however, Woodstock was already something recently used, on vinyl, it's not something so unprecedented, for a celebration.

I think it will be a documentary, like Cuatro and Heart Like a Handgranade's style, with they recording the album and stuff like that

On 8/9/2023 at 5:51 PM, jengd said:

Could this be the movie they seemed to be making?

Exactly what I was speculating!

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Is there any chance that this release includes the Lee Kirk project? A Dookie era biopic?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jengd said:

Exactly what I was speculating!

If I'm not wrong, it's project by Jenna Fischer (Lee Kirk's wife), isn‘t it? 

P.S. stumbled across this comment on Reddit:

„I’d love to see a full on concept story being told via a super long music video. Like a Jesus of Suburbia MV on steroids and more in depth. Like a… ROCK OPERA?! Before anyone slays me for mentioning going back to this style.. I’m perfectly okay with them NOT doing a rock opera, but one can dream.“

so what if, #dookie30 and the new record are all linked in some way?

10 minutes ago, jengd said:

No, I think it is a Lee Kirk project but Jenna Fischer let it slip.

PAM-ELAAAAAA 

PAMPAM

• Like 2