Dookie 30th Anniversary

Liam

Agreed, the booklet is great.  I would like the bigger format that goes with vinyl but never mind, it’s got really great content as you say, some issues I hadn’t read about before.  Someone asked about scans but it’s quite chunky, I don’t think it will scan well, not for me anyway, it won’t lie flat enough.

On 9/30/2023 at 1:15 AM, pacejunkie punk said:

Could they have had 30,000+ preorders?

The IG post from 1234go certainly seemed like quite a few! 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CxySEgXpKkg/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

• Like 2

Haven't listened to the box set but very happy with the presentation! Love that the booklet is so detailed even for the CD box set. It looks fantastic! I can't wait to find some time to digest it all. I'm also keeping my eye on the vinyl box set because the price keeps dropping on Amazon. I want those extra pointless goodies!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Grohl said:

Haven't listened to the box set but very happy with the presentation! Love that the booklet is so detailed even for the CD box set. It looks fantastic! I can't wait to find some time to digest it all. I'm also keeping my eye on the vinyl box set because the price keeps dropping on Amazon. I want those extra pointless goodies!

I know what you mean. Love the goodies with CD set, especially the badges. Used to have a beanie full of GD badges years sgo, don't know where it is now.

I want the airplane out of the vinyl set. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gonzalo17 said:

In the booklet story is says that they also recorded 2000 light years away during dookie sessions

But they remixed the Kerplunk version for the Jerky Boys soundtrack? Odd choice.

I preordered a bundle from their web store…fellow fans did you get yours? I’m from PA I’m hoping it comes soon. I got the vinyl bundle the cd bundle as well as a bunch of clothes I ordered the first day it was available for preorder…anyone else still waiting for theirs?!?!

1 hour ago, jengd said:

Sadly this is why lots of us don’t buy direct from the website, almost never on time in my experience.

It's such a shame, and I'm sure it's not the band's fault. Poor @The Grohl had to wait months for his middle finger hand. And we all know what he did with it when he got it. lol.

Amazon and eBay took advance orders no worries and even delivered before 29th. I noticed on Amazon UK states pre orders are in 100's with no probs.

I don't know why the official website don't just give us a link to these sites approving them. Obviously they'll want a cut, but I'm sure greenday.com will still make a profit. But the most important outcome will be satisfied Green Day customers. And that should always be the first consideration.

• Like 2

Last time I ordered direct was for Uno and I had a right row on the phone with a lady from Warners who clearly had no idea that if a band says something is coming on 29th, fans want it in 29th!  

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, pcj said:

It's such a shame, and I'm sure it's not the band's fault. Poor @The Grohl had to wait months for his middle finger hand. And we all know what he did with it when he got it. lol.

Amazon and eBay took advance orders no worries and even delivered before 29th. I noticed on Amazon UK states pre orders are in 100's with no probs.

I don't know why the official website don't just give us a link to these sites approving them. Obviously they'll want a cut, but I'm sure greenday.com will still make a profit. But the most important outcome will be satisfied Green Day customers. And that should always be the first consideration.

Omg my fury was so bad you remembered lol. But 100% agree. I do what I can to avoid their offical store and sadly it seems most band official stores are shitty. The Cure's store is facing mad delays for example. But Green Day's site is horrible. High shipping prices, bad and slow customer service, and huge delays that they don't really communicate. Even though I want to support the band I stay away from their store if I can help it and just do Amazon even though they suck. But with Amazon I can pre order without them charging my card right away meaning it's easy to change or cancel and usually the price drops by the time of release. Plus, I usually get my stuff release day. It's a no brainer to me.

Okay rant over 😂

• Like 4

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

The one thing I miss having the CD set is that poster

Absolutely. I wonder if they'll release the poster separately, really want that.

1 hour ago, Alf said:

Unboxing:

Thanks for taking the time to post that, really appreciate it.

I've got CD set,  so I'm drooling over that poster, and love the airplane.

Looks well impressive with all the vinyl records in background.

• Like 1

The Official store here in Australia sent this email the day before the release date "We have an update regarding your ‘Dookie 30th Anniversary’ order. Unfortunately, the stock won’t be arriving for a few more days and will be shipping next week."  As of today still not heard anything more or received my order.  The Nimrod box set arrived pretty quickly though.

The only thing I am disappointed in with the box set is they did not include the re-recorded version of 2000 light years away, which is my 2nd favourite tune behind when I come around.  I can only assume they weren't happy with it.

• Sad 1

On 8/18/2023 at 9:39 AM, trambopoline said:

I got a pretty low number with Nimrod, so we'll see how I do this time

I got 06257, pretty low! Picked mine up from a local record store, a friend who works there got me a discount so I saved like $50 B)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mega Man said:

But they remixed the Kerplunk version for the Jerky Boys soundtrack? Odd choice.

That's a Jerry Finn mix from kerplunk versión... in the booklet it say that they trained for dookie in the new studio recording covers (tired of waiting for you) and kerplunk tracks (2000 light, Christie Road and welcome to paradise)

2 hours ago, Gonzalo17 said:

That's a Jerry Finn mix from kerplunk versión... in the booklet it say that they trained for dookie in the new studio recording covers (tired of waiting for you) and kerplunk tracks (2000 light, Christie Road and welcome to paradise)

I wish they had included 2000LYA instead of 3 tracks we've already heard tbh.

I also wish they had been a little less lazy with the album covers tbh. Woodstock is cool, but the other ones feel half-assed. I loved the Nimrod LPs artwork, and wish it was more like that.

Also, love the person that keeps going "WOOOO HOO HOO HOOOOO" in the right speaker on Woodstock throughout the set.

• Like 2

I just got the Vinyl set from the Warner reprise store today! They knocked it outta the park (like Nimrod) with these!

The box is SUPER shiny! Now I can look beautiful next to a cartoon pile of caca-poo poo!

The book is immense!

Sorry to anyone experiencing the delays :(

• Like 3

1 hour ago, trambopoline said:

I wish they had included 2000LYA instead of 3 tracks we've already heard tbh.

I also wish they had been a little less lazy with the album covers tbh. Woodstock is cool, but the other ones feel half-assed. I loved the Nimrod LPs artwork, and wish it was more like that.

Also, love the person that keeps going "WOOOO HOO HOO HOOOOO" in the right speaker on Woodstock throughout the set.

I imaginé they didn't like the final record of "dookie" 2000LYA, so they decided to remix the original for jerky boys OST and not include It in this anniversary box. Of course I have the same wish

Haushinka should have been on Dookie because they are both kind of boring and Nimrod deserved better.  Like Desensitized!    

• Haha 2
  • Surprised 1

2 hours ago, That Dude said:

Haushinka should have been on Dookie because they are both kind of boring and Nimrod deserved better.  Like Desensitized!    

YOU TAKE THAT BACK

• Like 4

I was thinking about this today, here are my predictions for AI 20th box:

- BIAB reissue

- another When It's Time demo (three across all three mega boxes lol)

- outtakes disc with shoplifter and governator and too much too soon and junk

- stretch goal: studio version of C&V

• Like 1