Dookie 30th Anniversary

Liam

love the release of the Haushinka demo- although its been floating around youtube its nice to have! Wish they played the song live one day 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, StefanD said:

love the release of the Haushinka demo- although its been floating around youtube its nice to have! Wish they played the song live one day 

@That Dudewould not agree :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I ordered the CDs and got tracking info Tuesday night telling me they would arrive today. Sadly they didn't show up yet. Maybe tomorrow.

• Like 1

I nearly freaked when I saw Green Day on the icon for Release Radar on Spotify....oh the disappointment to hear the 103rd (not 100th) version of When I Come Around.  This time around, the only difference is  a thud sound at the end. 

Nirvana released an interesting Penny Royal Tea with alternate lyrics.  Give me Leonard Nemoy Afterworld. 

• Haha 1

For anyone listening to JAR, On The Wagon and Tired of Waiting For You on Spotify:

They seemed to have fucked it up - these tracks are the same as the originals  🤷‍♂️

7 hours ago, ThranaM said:

For anyone listening to JAR, On The Wagon and Tired of Waiting For You on Spotify:

They seemed to have fucked it up - these tracks are the same as the originals  🤷‍♂️

There were only 4 versions of JAR recorded. The two on 30th I think one is from Dookie demos, the other is Angus version?

4 hours ago, Eric said:

Yet another release of 90% of unnecessary stuff :lol: have fun with your 100th version of When I come around gdc :lol: 

There's more F.O.D. versions aviable 

• Haha 3

3h 21min and 29sec of awesomeness. And the live show at Garatge Club, Barcelona is something else.  Just can't get enough live GD music.

And to round off a perfect Dookie day, I decided to watch the documentary again. 

Fortunately, I wasn't eating when the band's obsession with excrement was mentioned. Where we were reminded that 'Dookie' wasn't Billie Joe's first choice for the album's name. He wanted to call it 'Liquid Dookie'. I assume the record company poo pooed the idea. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Gwen Stacy said:

You seem like you’d be fun at parties

You seem like you'd be fun at parties with the same 14 songs  :lol: 

4 hours ago, Gonzalo17 said:

There's more F.O.D. versions aviable 

yikes!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jengd said:

haven't opened the air freshener yet 

When you will please tell me what is the odor! My girlfriend and I can't find it. But we know what it is we just can't remember.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jengd said:

Got mine, omg there is the sweetest article on producing it by Rob in the booklet.  Whole package is very neat, love the blue metallic box cover and all the extras are neat too, haven't opened the air freshener yet 😂

That's interesting my box cover is silver.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pcj said:

That's interesting my box cover is silver.

I guess you could call it silver but it has a distinctly blue tinge I would say.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, jengd said:

I guess you could call it silver but it has a distinctly blue tinge I would say.

Oh yes, your right, when I hold the box to the light. Sorry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pretty nice to finally have JAR, On the Wagon and Tired of waiting for you, in 192/24. They sound pretty fantastic. 🙂 Cause Superhits is only available in 48khz I believe.

Often wondered about the ending of On the Wagon. It sounds like it was recorded in front of a small audience lol. With the applause and then Billie going “Hold on”. Like they had recorded it from a live session or something and they were going onto another song maybe. 🤔 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

For those who bought the vinyl, mind sharing whether you got standard or color version and what # you have? I saw someone on Twitter had # 26,000. Seems insane to me they pressed so many!

• Like 1