Dookie 30th Anniversary

Liam

5 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Yo what the fuck I already received my shipment!! I guess I'm not the only one. It's probably gonna get leaked before friday.

Just came back from work. I get it you don't want my package to be stolen but why taking it at the office the most FAR FROM MY HOME. I literally have a post office 5 minutes from home and now it's at the end of Quebec City holy shiiiiit

• Sad 2

20 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Just came back from work. I get it you don't want my package to be stolen but why taking it at the office the most FAR FROM MY HOME. I literally have a post office 5 minutes from home and now it's at the end of Quebec City holy shiiiiit

Did you get your CD package ok when you got back to work

I usually order from Amazon, but eBay where offering the CD version £10 cheaper. 

Just had email confirming package has been shipped via postal service. Hopefully will arrive tomorrow.

Can't wait to listen to it all, and go on a magical journey back to 1994, and relive those awesome times again. Thanks GD. ❤️

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jengd said:

Anything exciting or new in the booklet?

Haven't read the booklet still. But it's big. Like a mini book lol can't wait to read it!

• Love 1

25 minutes ago, legendary said:

jar outtake is the same version we know

I don't know why people expected different. They said there were 3 unreleased outtakes, those being Christie Road, 409 on Your Coffeemaker (properly mixed) and Walking the Dog (never officially released)

Edited by Als5678ors2
spelling

4 minutes ago, Als5678ors2 said:

I don't know why people expected different. They said there were 3 unrealeased outtakes, those being Christie Road, 409 on Your Coffeemaker (properly mixed) and Walking the Dog (never officially realeased)

because the tracklisting brings JAR (Demo) and JAR (Outtake)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Alf said:

because the tracklisting brings JAR (Demo) and JAR (Outtake)

Yeah, we're talking about the six Outtakes (just three of them announced as unreleased).

The Cassette demo is probably the Art of Ears demo, which is cool nonetheless

Edited by Als5678ors2

25 minutes ago, Als5678ors2 said:

I don't know why people expected different. They said there were 3 unrealeased outtakes, those being Christie Road, 409 on Your Coffeemaker (properly mixed) and Walking the Dog (never officially realeased)

J.A.R. is listed being recorded during the Insomniac sessions on greendayfm, that's why

20 minutes ago, Flynn said:

J.A.R. is listed being recorded during the Insomniac sessions on greendayfm, that's why

Yeah, but the Outtake version we are getting for Dookie 30th is the same we know so far, even if it wasn't recorded during Dookie sessions... bummer

I'm going by memory here, so correct me if I'm wrong.

There's 4 versions of J.A.R.

The original acoustic version from the 3 track cassette demo from 1992 with Billie Joe and Mike.

The Dookie demos, 1993, raw Dookie sound take at Art of Ears studio, followed later mixed version at Dancing Dog studio.

Latest and last version ? 1995 full studio recording for Angus movie soundtrack, released as single. Re-released in 2001 on International Superhits. 

Love this beautiful song, and of course very emotional. The original is only version that finishes the verse at the end.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Als5678ors2 said:

I don't know why people expected different. They said there were 3 unreleased outtakes, those being Christie Road, 409 on Your Coffeemaker (properly mixed) and Walking the Dog (never officially released)

Walking the dog is a demo. Not an outtake, and the mixing engineer on j.a.r. is not Jerry Finn, is Kevin Army (insomniac)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gonzalo17 said:

Walking the dog is a demo. Not an outtake, and the mixing engineer on j.a.r. is not Jerry Finn, is Kevin Army (insomniac)

Yes, it's a demo, but it was placed on the Outtakes LP, so it was counted as one of the three unreleased ones.