Dookie 30th Anniversary

Liam

2 hours ago, Clockwise said:

So painfully disinterested in whatever this will be.

Why?

38 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I have a theory, what if they announce the new album in September, the first single comes out the same day, the new album comes out in October/November, and they announce the tour, starting in February, in which they play songs from the new album plus Dookie in full!!! And also in February, a Dookie 30th anniversary box set with the album, demos, studio outtakes including 409 in Your Coffeemaker and Christie Road, and a live show. And then later in the year, we get the American Idiot 20th anniversary celebration!!!

I like how you think.

I'm gonna guess it'll include a full, official release of either the "Jaded in Chicago" concert or some other Dookie era concert. I really hope it includes bonus tracks like the B-Sides, the re-recording of "409 in Your Coffeemaker" from that old "Basket Case" single, and that re-recording of "Christie Road" that's never been released.

https://greenday.fm/music/studio-sessions/dookie-sessions/

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Cooper Castille said:

I'm gonna guess it'll include a full, official release of either the "Jaded in Chicago" concert or some other Dookie era concert. I really hope it includes bonus tracks like the B-Sides, the re-recording of "409 in Your Coffeemaker" from that old "Basket Case" single, and that re-recording of "Christie Road" that's never been released.

https://greenday.fm/music/studio-sessions/dookie-sessions/

I thought I remember one of them saying that they recorded Haushinka too but it's not on the list 

• Love 2

As much as I'm excited for this, I'm not sure how much can we expect, since all the b sides from that era that we know of were already officially released on singles and Shenanigans, and all the demo sessions surfaced over years as bootlegs. I am not aware of any other songs that were recorded at that time, like there were during nimrod and later album sessions.

I guess we're in for an album remaster and maybe one of the iconic live shows (Jaded in Chicago, Jannus Landing etc.), which would be cool to have finally officially released as a package.

It's more bizarre to me that it'll be 20 years since American Idiot came out. It's surreal.

• Like 4
  • Surprised 1

We didn't know about black eyeliner, tre polca or nimrod demo of when It's time a year algo (althought nimrod was the record with more official b-sides released) so we can expect any surprise for dookie30

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

Just like you heard there was going to be a new single by the summer shows?

But yes, it seems painfully obvious it is coming soon.

Although they actually did play a new song, 1981, at the Quebec show

22 minutes ago, Alf said:

I would go crazy if by chance they recorded Pasalacqua during Dookie sessions. This would be insane and a great single for this release

I have a feeling the single is going to be the Dookie version of Christie Road

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Just heard that the announcement for Dookie 30th is really really close. Like pretty fucking soon.

Source? This is also extremely vague anyway.

1 hour ago, Mato said:

I guess we're in for an album remaster and maybe one of the iconic live shows (Jaded in Chicago, Jannus Landing etc.), which would be cool to have finally officially released as a package.

I’m not even sure it needs a remaster. An Atmos mix would be nice but the regular 2 channel stereo version sounds great to me. I’m still a little surprised Insomniac got a remaster. Somehow the phrase ‘polishing a turd dookie’ comes to mind

• Haha 1

i am disinterested in the dookie anniversary too.. i mean... they should have already started with new album promotion and releasing it before this dookie anniversary thing... i dont care for another old re release... and dookie was in 1994 so they can bring out the new album before this..

4 minutes ago, Gwen Stacy said:

I’m not even sure it needs a remaster. An Atmos mix would be nice but the regular 2 channel stereo version sounds great to me. I’m still a little surprised Insomniac got a remaster. Somehow the phrase ‘polishing a turd dookie’ comes to mind

I think Nimrod wasn’t remastered either, right?

1 hour ago, Sanity Loan said:

Just like you heard there was going to be a new single by the summer shows?

We kind of had a new single tho

• Like 1

Dookie 30th anniversary edition will be a bigger deal for more casual fans probably. Because I'm sure there's going to be a lot of the demos & live performances that we've all heard 100 times. That being said, I'll be excited to have the demos and stuff on streaming services, especially demos for songs like Haushinka and J.A.R that can be found in this video and playlist. I think the Insomniac & Nimrod 25th editions suffered from not including the early version of Good Riddance which was originally on the Brain Stew/Jaded single but would've been fine being on either album. I hope Dookie doesn't suffer any other bad decisions like that

• Like 1
  • Love 1

How well did the Nimrod set sell? If under performed will Warner be willing to spend the money MTV charges for their material to get Jaded In Chicago? 

1 hour ago, WhiteTim said:

How well did the Nimrod set sell? If under performed will Warner be willing to spend the money MTV charges for their material to get Jaded In Chicago? 

Honestly I don't really see the point of them using that show seeing as how there's HD versions easily accessible on YouTube, with insomniac and nimrod they used shows that weren't widely released, so I'm hoping they might have something like that in the vaults for the Dookie era 

26 minutes ago, Maddie86 said:

Honestly I don't really see the point of them using that show seeing as how there's HD versions easily accessible on YouTube, with insomniac and nimrod they used shows that weren't widely released, so I'm hoping they might have something like that in the vaults for the Dookie era 

The HD versions on YouTube aren’t true HD sources tho so there’d be value on getting a true HD source 

as far as Dookie era shows Woodstock and Jaded are probably the best filmed source for concerts at least (unless there’s other shows I’m not aware of I’m sure Alf or Liam or those who manage the live show tracking would know which shows were filmed)