Dookie 30th Anniversary

Liam

3 hours ago, That Dude said:

Were any of you waiting for Dookie to come out in 1994?  I was vaguely aware of them after It got popular, but I didn't buy Dookie until much later.  I jumped on board with Good Riddance.  Got Nimrod, then got Superhits, Shenanigans and Warning all around the same time...and then Idiot was the first album I waited for.  I remember asking for the day off and standing outside of Best Buy thinking there might be a massive crowd of Green Day fans waiting, haha.

I purchased Dookie and Frogstomp on cassette tape at the same time, and to this day, GD and Silverchair are my favorite bands ever. I only bought them because another guy had copies of those tapes in his carrying case, so they were both blind buys at the time :)

• Like 2

On 8/24/2023 at 8:43 PM, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Can't believe they changed the lyrics of Basket Case!

Thankfully they did.

• Like 4

GD just posted clip with credits from Jaded in Chicago on IG,  won’t let me share it included #Dookie 30 and a movie clapperboard emoji!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, jengd said:

GD just posted clip with credits from Jaded in Chicago on IG,  won’t let me share it included #Dookie 30 and a movie clapperboard emoji!

Maybe a release for the full show on their own YouTube channel 😂

• Like 2

I think they wanted to show fans talking about the band back cuz that quality looks like it's from a video they downloaded on youtube

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jengd said:

Sharing it from the YouTube 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, greendepent said:

Soooo they did mix 409! It sounds like it's recent though. Those voices are too perfect

Isn't it just this version of the song that's been around for ages?

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Isn't it just this version of the song that's been around for ages?

Is different. BJ's has some effects added to his voice.

4 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

It's gonna be a great 30th Dookie. Can't wait to hear them allL!

Much more excited for this than for 1972

To see how different Basket Case and When I Come Around demos are from the released versions is so cool! Specially since those are the main singles, I wonder if they changed them more because they worked on the singles more than the other songs? Maybe to make sure they'd be as radio friendly and catchy as possible?

I love them! And also the When It's Time 🥰

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tubbie Head said:

To see how different Basket Case and When I Come Around demos are from the released versions is so cool! Specially since those are the main singles, I wonder if they changed them more because they worked on the singles more than the other songs? Maybe to make sure they'd be as radio friendly and catchy as possible?

I love them! And also the When It's Time 🥰

Probably there are other versions lying somewhere, but when the guys recorded Dookie in 93 all the songs were finished, at least lyric wise. The only slightly reworked songs were Chump and Longview because the label didn't like how the transition between them.

• Like 1

And it says all the outtakes release Friday! Can’t wait to get my grubby little hands all over that re-recorded Christie Rd.

• Like 4