Dookie 30th Anniversary

Liam

Wasn't When I Come Around originally titled Better Not Come Around? I remember hearing a live version with those lyrics years ago and can no longer find it online. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, greendepent said:

They have a lot more to choose in an eventual AI 20th anniversary, but if they would use ready-to-sell material, Irving Plaza 2004 would be my first pick.

The demos and outtakes are far more interesting, thinking that John Roecker has some of them, Peter Reto did mention they tracked also the preproduction, where the songs could be very different. Yeah, Cigarettes and Valentines could be there as well.

If they are ready to do it, then we are really on a treat.

Warning 25th can be doable too. These Japanese shows would be fire!

Totally agree!! Therefore, if there's no Irving Plaza or an expanded Milton Keynes version.... what about "AOL SESSIONS"??? Yes, there's an Official digital exclusive EP, however it has just 4 tracks. If they released BBC Sessions, I think it is totally plausible they could release something with AOL Sessions, even the Vh1 Storytellers show could be a chance!!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, greendepent said:

They have a lot more to choose in an eventual AI 20th anniversary, but if they would use ready-to-sell material, Irving Plaza 2004 would be my first pick.

The demos and outtakes are far more interesting, thinking that John Roecker has some of them, Peter Reto did mention they tracked also the preproduction, where the songs could be very different. Yeah, Cigarettes and Valentines could be there as well.

If they are ready to do it, then we are really on a treat.

Warning 25th can be doable too. These Japanese shows would be fire!

Yup they should just give us C&V. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

Yup they should just give us C&V. 

I think that we have It in different releases (21stCBD, trilogy, foxboro, network, b-sides, etc....)

7 hours ago, disappearing_boy_39 said:

Wasn't When I Come Around originally titled Better Not Come Around? I remember hearing a live version with those lyrics years ago and can no longer find it online. 

He sang it that way live in the early versions the demo must be later

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Gonzalo17 said:

I think that we have It in different releases (21stCBD, trilogy, foxboro, network, b-sides, etc....)

A portion of it yes but theres still a handful we never heard although they may have been reworked into new songs.

Still would love to hear the sessions from 2003 though.

11 hours ago, disappearing_boy_39 said:

Yes that’s correct. I believe it was first played live in 92.

• Thanks 1

How does everyone like the dookie demos release compared to the Nimrod demos?
and why aren’t there any insomniac demos available?

Trying to justify to myself paying an extra £64 for the colour vinyl set compared to the regular black vinyl price (on Amazon UK). Does the colour vinyl version have any other extras I haven’t spotted?

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, emenius said:

Trying to justify to myself paying an extra £64 for the colour vinyl set compared to the regular black vinyl price (on Amazon UK). Does the colour vinyl version have any other extras I haven’t spotted?

They look to be the same to me, Amazon is £144 for black, and coloured vinyl is available for £168 including postage from Reflex Records, I think the colour set are indie record store specials. Way cheaper than through the official web store. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Insomniac1984 said:

Totally agree!! Therefore, if there's no Irving Plaza or an expanded Milton Keynes version.... what about "AOL SESSIONS"??? Yes, there's an Official digital exclusive EP, however it has just 4 tracks. If they released BBC Sessions, I think it is totally plausible they could release something with AOL Sessions, even the Vh1 Storytellers show could be a chance!!

Storytellers and AOL sessions being released would be awesome!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, proud_ginge said:

They look to be the same to me, Amazon is £144 for black, and coloured vinyl is available for £168 including postage from Reflex Records, I think the colour set are indie record store specials. Way cheaper than through the official web store. 

Thanks for that- looks like a good shout.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Herroon said:

I was thinkin about this, and here's my guess:

Insomniac was the first of these deluxe sets that we got. I'm guessing that it was done to gauge interest in that sort of thing. It must've done well, since we've gotten Nimrod and Dookie mega boxes since. But it makes sense that they wouldn't test the waters with a 5/6 LP box, yknow?

That said, I would've eaten up a demos / outtakes disc for the insomniac reissue. Is there any specific stuff we know of that would've gone on that hypothetical disc?

This is the most near reality theory, but why couldn't make 2CDs including the full Prague show?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stewe said:

This is the most near reality theory, but why couldn't make 2CDs including the full Prague show?

Yeah I don‘t understand it. And their energy were crazy back then and really fast. 

5 minutes ago, Stewe said:

There's a lot of squeal-y feedback on the tracks they did release, maybe the rest of the Prague recording isn't very good?

Just spitballing though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Herroon said:

There's a lot of squeal-y feedback on the tracks they did release, maybe the rest of the Prague recording isn't very good?

Just spitballing though.

FOD was released on the „Foot in Mouth“ EP and sounds really good

Can anyone provide a link to a live performance of "When I Come Around" with Billie singing the "Better Not Come Around" lyrics? I'm almost certain I've heard it in the past but can no longer find it. This is the closest I get (but it's the normal chorus): 

7 hours ago, disappearing_boy_39 said:

Can anyone provide a link to a live performance of "When I Come Around" with Billie singing the "Better Not Come Around" lyrics? I'm almost certain I've heard it in the past but can no longer find it. This is the closest I get (but it's the normal chorus): 

I don't thik he ever sung 'better not come around', this is just a bootleg title for the song when no one knew the real name of it

• Like 1

On 8/19/2023 at 4:39 PM, Alf said:

yeah, but probably everything was reworked.

I think it would be awesome if they give us C&V they way it was recorded back then, even though some of the songs ended up merging into another ones

And things like Black Eyeliner show that things being reworked from them don’t rule out them being released 🙌🏻

• Like 4

8 hours ago, disappearing_boy_39 said:

52 minutes ago, Alf said:

I don't thik he ever sung 'better not come around', this is just a bootleg title for the song when no one knew the real name of it

Yeah considering this is the earliest known performance we know of the song it's more than likely just them mishearing the lyrics when they titled it on the bootleg