Dookie 30th Anniversary

Liam

Just now, Herroon said:

According to setlist.fm, first known performance is 11/18/92 at Gilman.

I've heard it before. Think my old laptop had the bootleg of that show.

Loving the basket case/when I come around/in the end demos….I just hope if they due tour Dookie I’ll have enough money left after I just went wild in the GD store….in basket case is that a Haushinka reference…his friend Houston it sounds like and “Haushink”… maybe I’m hearing? 

Really like what I've heard on the first listen.
Can't wait to hear more!

• Like 1

Basket Case demo is so cool. Love hearing songs in earlier versions. Completely different story than the final product.

When I Come Around demo is so calm and catchy.

In the End demo sounds like Jane’s Addiction.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Gwen Stacy said:

Omg that When It’s Time demo. Piano. I’m speechless. 

sounds like the forgotten

• Like 2

Tres drums on the Basket Case DEMO are freaking incredible sounding! 😆

I bought the color vinyl versions. Sweet!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I know this isn’t the place for “speculation” 👀 BUT it’s on the Dookie30 stuff so…

the Dookie30 email said “SO SO SO” in reference to more to come and the Instagram post for Dookie30 says “go go go”… what’s up with that? I wonder if that is a coincidence or means something we don’t know yet.

Edited by TJChrobo
  • Like 1

I wish we knew just how limited the color vinyl box set is. Are they pressing a certain number? Or, more likely, is it just “limited” in the sense that it will be exclusive to the Green Day webstore, like the red vinyl version of Revolution Radio. Maybe 1234Go will do a special limited color pressing of Dookie30 at some point…

1 hour ago, Sanity Loan said:

I like the "In The End" demo more than the album version. That stripped down, calm presentation of the song is a lot more fitting to the lyrics and the dual vocals.

Agreed but don’t like the baby voice thing much.

well this is wild, the email as well is exciting.  Some of the songs sound so different I’m really surprised.  Billie sounds very young and vulnerable at times, almost tentative on When It’s Time which is so beautiful with the piano.  Great harmonies, drums just great bunch of songs.  Love FOD but my brain can’t deal with Basket Case 😂😂.  Some of the comments on YouTube are that this is what Dookie would have been of released by Lookout which would make sense.  Love it.

• Like 3

Not loving the merch apart from the long sleeve thermal t.

Meant to say, I love the cover, I think with such a busy and iconic cover as Dookie it can be hard to better it so to strip it right back with just the pile of Dookie and title is pretty clever, it’ll sure stand out across a record store.

Edited by jengd
Addition
  • Like 3

loving the demos so far!

its always fascinating to listen to songs we heard a thousand times before in a different rendition

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Honestly as silly as the goodies are for the vinyl set I like them :lol: Not sure if I can swing the price of the vinyl set right now though. May just wait for a price drop on Amazon in like a year. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, That Dude said:

There are infinite versions of Basketcase.   

Trilogy anniversary edition in 2032 is rumoured to include 'Haushinka' (infinite version - aka 30 mins of Haushinka). I don't know why 'Good Riddance(original version) is not included in Dookie 30th. If I remember right, it was from Dookie era but released as a b-side later. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Reverend Strychnine Twitch said:

Trilogy anniversary edition in 2032 is rumoured to include 'Haushinka' (infinite version - aka 30 mins of Haushinka). I don't know why 'Good Riddance(original version) is not included in Dookie 30th. If I remember right, it was from Dookie era but released as a b-side later. 

That was actually from the Insomniac era

4 hours ago, Doggins said:

Thanks for ripping off Aussies GD.. $225 USD for the vinyl bundle

Love the oversize Tshirt though

240 euro too

4 hours ago, Doggins said:

Thanks for ripping off Aussies GD.. $225 USD for the vinyl bundle

Love the oversize Tshirt though

240 euro too

Did… they did they change the basket case lyrics to maybe the song.. rather than the other way around?!