One Eyed Bastard - Opinion

Little Boy Named Booze

The drums were definitely better and heavier in the leaked version.

• Like 2

Green Day and Apple Music won't be friends for the rest of this album cycle ๐Ÿ˜‚ why die they release it as a single and not just as part of the album like all the other songs? ๐Ÿ˜‚ the last time, they had also problems with Apple Music and Dilemma

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Flashback said:

Green Day and Apple Music won't be friends for the rest of this album cycle ๐Ÿ˜‚ why die they release it as a single and not just as part of the album like all the other songs? ๐Ÿ˜‚ the last time, they had also problems with Apple Music and Dilemma

Yeah you are right. I don't quite understand that too.

Love it, love the video, made me laugh out loud. ย Not bad for 7.30 on yet another dark, wet, winter morning! ย Steamboat Billie indeed ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The video on YouTube is not called โ€œOfficial Music Videoโ€, as this is just a song visualizer, not a music video :)ย 

50 minutes ago, Warszawa said:

Good song, bad music video

Should we say OEB video is bad at this level?

or just this bad?

BTW, wouldn't be nice to discuss the best and the worst GD videoclips ever?

Be glad weโ€™ve got any videos! ย Billie said in the new podcast GD had paid for ADIKM (I think) themselves as nobody (I assume record companies) has money for videos anymore.

• Like 4
  • Surprised 1

So, the official version is more fitting with the rest of the singles and "album sound" so far with more clean sound, different layers to the vocals etc.
Great mixing.

However..ย 
The leaked version were so much more "heavy" and straight forward in terms of the sound/mixing. The "kick" that you got with that one now isn't there anymore imo.

Still, probably gonna switch it up and listen to both of them.ย 
One version fits for headphones, and one works when you just wanna blast it on your speakers.

ย 

• Like 3

Man, Green Day is 4 for 4 right now with the songs. Damn! I am so excited to hear the rest of this album!

• Love 1

I can't say I'm a huge fan, the first 3 singles blew me away this one is just mediocre in comparison. I'm sure it'll fit into the album fine, just don't think much of it as a singleย 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, jengd said:

Love it, love the video, made me laugh out loud. ย Not bad for 7.30 on yet another dark, wet, winter morning! ย Steamboat Billie indeed ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Same.ย I would love a t-shirt of the characters in this videoย ๐Ÿคฉ

• Like 1

I know itโ€™s an animated YouTube placeholder in lieu of an official music vid, but stillโ€ฆ that video is terrible.ย 

Edited by Saviour
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, ThranaM said:

So, the official version is more fitting with the rest of the singles and "album sound" so far with more clean sound, different layers to the vocals etc.
Great mixing.

However..ย 
The leaked version were so much more "heavy" and straight forward in terms of the sound/mixing. The "kick" that you got with that one now isn't there anymore imo.

Still, probably gonna switch it up and listen to both of them.ย 
One version fits for headphones, and one works when you just wanna blast it on your speakers.

ย 

Basically I like the official version more because it's more balanced.

BUT: the transition between verse 3 and the last chorus hits WAY harder in the leaked version (maybe because of the drum mixing). The official version lacks of energy in this part.

1 minute ago, Flashback said:

Basically I like the official version more because it's more balanced.

BUT: the transition between verse 3 and the last chorus hits WAY harder in the leaked version (maybe because of the drum mixing). The official version lacks of energy in this part.

Totally agree on this. The drum mixing takes away that "punch" that you get in the leaked version

โ€˜But, but, itโ€™s just a FOAM out take, trust me! I know!โ€™ย 
ย 

๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ

The people who claim to be in the know round here at times are laughable. Leave it for Bill & one or two others ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

• Like 1

First time hearing this song. I think it sounds great, although the chorus would have benefited from actual lyrics. I can't see this being played live just because of the "ba da bing, ba da boom" part. Still really like the overall sound though and I will be giving this a lot of listensย ๐Ÿค˜

1 hour ago, Westerberg89 said:

โ€˜But, but, itโ€™s just a FOAM out take, trust me! I know!โ€™ย 
ย 

๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ

The people who claim to be in the know round here at times are laughable. Leave it for Bill & one or two others ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

You getting yourself wound up about this again?ย 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Insomniac1984 said:

Should we say OEB video is bad at this level?

or just this bad?

BTW, wouldn't be nice to discuss the best and the worst GD videoclips ever?

I think the best is 21st century video. The most iconic are holiday and boulevard videos. The worst video is I would day one eyed bastard and here comes the shock.ย 

• Like 2

I'll probably end up liking this more than TAD in the long run. It's just such a bop, it's so get in/get out and I love the lyrics. Billie's tried to write simplistically (for lack of a better term) recently and I find a lot of it came out clunky (cough cough, all of FOAM) but this is punchy and succinct and every part works for me. I understand y'all being a bit underwhelmed though, to each their own!

4/4 for me, fuck yeah. Give me Saviors and August 1st already! Bada bing, bada boom!