One Eyed Bastard - Opinion

Little Boy Named Booze

No harm with releasing it at all anyways since it was leaked, it's not a terrible song as a single so they can get away with it (just a theory)

• Like 1

Not to be a party pooper but I wasn’t a fan of the leaked version and am honestly disappointed that it’s on Saviors. Production aside, I have to put it in the ‘I Don’t Know What This Song Is About’ bucket. 

I feel like Take the Money and Crawl was the same idea with better execution. 

• Like 4

not a fan of the leaked version 

still not a fan having heard this version  

it's bad ... that's all i can say about it 😰

I have the original leak from last year haven't heard new mix yet 

22 minutes ago, þjáningu said:

not a fan of the leaked version 

still not a fan having heard this version  

it's bad ... that's all i can say about it 😰

Sounds like it's about critics in general 

For me this sounds more like dis moi by BB Brunes then So what!

Still love the track though!

14 minutes ago, ekim said:

Sounds like it's about critics in general 

It could be, but the lyrics are so non-specific there’s really no way to know for sure. 

Just imagine if we would’ve got the leak, rn we were talking how heavy the song is and how happy we were bc no handclaps on any of the songs we’ve heard so far. I still think is a very good song that mediatically could do good. We are not even the 5% of their target. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Duhhan1023 said:

For me this sounds more like dis moi by BB Brunes then So what!

Still love the track though!

They all have a very similar chord progression, which is a quite classic rock song progression. 

A few more examples going back in time:

I found this article explaining the history of this chord progression, interesting read :) 

Which brings us to Deep Purple’s ‘Black Night’. The very mention of that title has probably already started the riff playing in your head. You would be forgiven for thinking that if you used the first bar of this riff in a song you’d be stealing from Ritchie Blackmore et al. Not so. They stole it from Ricky Nelson’s 1962 hit ‘Summertime’, a rock reworking of the old George Gershwin standard, where the two-bar pentatonic riff was played, and presumably invented, by guitarist James Burton. In fact, by 1970 Deep Purple were the third band to have used the Summertime riff in a single, the others being The Liverpool Five in 1966 and Blues Magoos in 1967. The reason that this particular riff could be so easily traded is that it was not written by George Gershwin so wasn’t technically considered part of the copyright in ‘Summertime’. Therefore the ‘Black Night’ riff isn’t owned by anyone. Although if you do put it in your own song it’s a dead cert that everyone will think you’ve ripped off Deep Purple…”

https://joebennett.net/2014/01/16/plagiarism-in-songwriting/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If side A was s “classic old school Green Day) maybe these songs were all out on side A and released first to get the fan base going….after the release comes out and I assume the do more tv/performances/interviews side b will get singles maybe that will appeal to mainstream or non Green Day fans as some of the reviewers say side B is more big/classic rock type of songs…when they tour I hope they play a bit from both parts of the new album not just side A

If anybody has the new mix available, I would gladly accept it in my inbox 😇

3 minutes ago, Ryan said:

If anybody has the new mix available, I would gladly accept it in my inbox 😇

Word!

2 minutes ago, Zachary Perron said:

I would say it’s a tribute to The Godfather and The Sopranos, especially with the chorus!

Definitely. This would of been the ‘1972’ portion of ‘1972.’ Curious if any others made it on besides ‘1981.’

• Like 4

FOAM RULED!!!!!

Saviors will very likely rule as well.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Zachary Perron said:

I would say it’s a tribute to The Godfather and The Sopranos, especially with the chorus!

49 minutes ago, DJ Rosstar said:

For anybody confused, this song is a tribute to the 1972 film ‘The Godfather.’

Do we know this to be the case or are we just speculating that because of the Rolling Stone review? Has Billie gone on record about this?

47 minutes ago, DJ Rosstar said:

For anybody confused, this song is a tribute to the 1972 film ‘The Godfather.’

Ah I knew the line from yesterday's teaser "I'm gonna make you an offer that you cannot deny" was familiar from somewhere! Thanks for shedding the light 😀

47 minutes ago, DJ Rosstar said:

Definitely. This would of been the ‘1972’ portion of ‘1972.’ Curious if any others made it on besides ‘1981.’

Sounds like you possess some knowledge that others (I, for one) may not - would you mind sharing? 🙂

Song is very nice for sure.  Can't wait for the rest of the album.

• Like 1

I don't get the amount of hate this song is getting, I think it's far more interesting than Look Ma

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Arnel said:

I don't get the amount of hate this song is getting, I think it's far more interesting than Look Ma

to me the weakest song is the american dream is killing me, and i don't dislike it, however the three that came next were better to me, the beat for one eyed bastard gives me east jesus nowhere vibes

• Like 3