One Eyed Bastard - Opinion

Little Boy Named Booze

1 hour ago, Westerberg89 said:

The version that leaked is the version we’re getting on Saviors. 

According to the official teaser, at least the mixing is different.

• Like 3

I still think OEB isn’t really a single worthy song…I wish let Dielemma breathe and push that right now before the release of the album 

• Like 2

Just listened to it. Its basically just a new mix of what we already knew. for me the weakest single, but still ok.

• Like 2

It an ear worm alright, but I agree probably the weakest of what we've heard from the album so far. 

Something about it gives off FOAMF-era vibes and nobody wants that. 

Still better than 90% of that album though.

• Like 4

The new version has a way better mix, I thought it was a good song before, this makes it fitting more the sound of the rest of the songs we heard so far and in general elevates it IMHO. Really good release, maybe not on par with the other three songs but still a very good Green Day song. 
And Deep Purple riffs have been an inspiration for musicians and producers for ages, don’t see any big drama there, for sure is not Pink who should get credits here. 

(The official release is available in Australia, just use a VPN and search on YouTube :) )

40 minutes ago, Tomcat20 said:

Any chance to hear it already outside Australia?

Same here

Just used my Australian VPN.
My least favourite but it's because I have this song on my phone since 2022 so nothing new.
Better mix but everything else is the same.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Tomcat20 said:

Any chance to hear it already outside Australia?

On the Reddit

IMO this song should’ve been dropped once ADIKM came around. The rhythm and movement of the riff is similar, and it’s 100% a weaker and more pieced together song

Is the video accessible in Australia a music video or a lyric video or just an upload of the song?

It's just an upload of the song right now.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Just used my Australian VPN.
My least favourite but it's because I have this song on my phone since 2022 so nothing new.
Better mix but everything else is the same.

I do New Zealand but I'm always on the prowl for earlier zones.  

2 hours ago, legendary said:

In OEB final version the tambourine and handclaps were removed

Some vocals are overdubbed too

I liked the tambourine :(

Gosh, the leaked version has a far superior mixing (except bass is too low). All the grandiose toms are now gone and everything sits in mids and sounds thin compared to leaked version. Oh, and it's really missing the handclaps and tambourine. I'm really disappointed. 😕

Good song, not great but pretty fun. Not a skip but isnt anything special 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

Just listened to it. Its basically just a new mix of what we already knew. for me the weakest single, but still ok.

It's ok but I don't think it's a good representation of the album would've went with father to a son but we'll have it all in two weeks so I guess it's cool for now 

i'm just wondering why they decided to just shadow drop it. no official announcement, no fanfare, no nothin'.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mato said:

Gosh, the leaked version has a far superior mixing (except bass is too low). All the grandiose toms are now gone and everything sits in mids and sounds thin compared to leaked version. Oh, and it's really missing the handclaps and tambourine. I'm really disappointed. 😕

We have both versions, I wish "damn juvenile delinquent" was on the album or at least a bonus track, sucks it's out there but greedy nerds are hoarding it hopefully someone will eventually leak it 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Killjoy From Detroit said:

i'm just wondering why they decided to just shadow drop it. no official announcement, no fanfare, no nothin'.

They probably understand its not really single worthy. I mean its still better than all the foam singles but its basically just an album song, maybe even filler?

• Like 1