One Eyed Bastard - Opinion

Little Boy Named Booze

2 hours ago, Zebahar said:

So since I missed this…does that mean there’s really no chance of hearing it now?

Don't ask for it here. Make friends with Google.

42 minutes ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

I think it’s a good song, don’t get the most negative comments going around here. As far as I understood this has been recorded within the Network sessions or around that time, which would make sense, I think there is quite a gap from FOAM style-wise. Probably not a masterpiece, but a good catchy track. 

If the song is not part of 1972 and they were to play this smart, they should release the song officially, make the lyrics about the hacker who stole the thing, and make a music video/mini-marketing campaign around that concept, would fit perfectly 🙃

Well we‘re talking about Crush. 🤣 You'd better not have high hopes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just heard it, riff is like that pink song🤣 overall better than oh yeah. Still just a ok song

1 hour ago, Tomcat20 said:

Well we‘re talking about Crush. 🤣 You'd better not have high hopes.

I know, only 100% uncut hopes. 

• Haha 1

I enjoyed it too. It's a silly catchy rock n roll song at the end of day, nothing special really, but I guess that's the state of Green Day for now.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

So I'm the only one to like the song?

I like it too! Actually in my opinion it's better than most of the songs from FOAMF :ninja:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

So I'm the only one to like the song?

No, I like it too.  It’s fun and very catchy and snarly Billie is always good.  Is it their most meaningful song, no but that’s fine, every song cannot be a masterpiece.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

if the song "American Idiot" was released today, the comments wouldn't be much different

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, redline punk said:

if the song "American Idiot" was released today, the comments wouldn't be much different

American Idiot I fell in love at first listen and the song still is rings true for me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

Only this is almost definitely entirely made up

It’s hard to find source info about this so I suspect that’s true even though he did write hundreds of poems

• Like 2

Song is ok but even though we all are Green Day diehards is this really that good? I think at best it’s a b-side but won’t and shouldn’t be on the new album or be a single. Lyrics are meh…better than Pollyanna and here comes the shock…I like Holy Toledo but do we really think this is so good it should be a single on their next album??? I feel it was a leftover from FOAM/The Network era…maybe they are re-editing it and that’s why it’s blocked but as a song I don’t think it’s worth the long wait period it’s ok but I don’t think it’s good enough to be a single or an album track and I don’t think it will be since this allegedly was recorded years ago. 

• Like 4

Yeah I don't get why people think of this song as a huge step up. There are songs on FOAM that are better than this one. Lyrically there isn't really anything there. The main guitar riff is just a rip off of Pink and the rest of the instrumentation isn't anything special either imo. It's an ok song, it's still nothing great by GD standards. But I wouldn't judge the band or the next album by this song since it's a demo song from 2020 and they've been working on the new album since then

I'm fine with them releasing this just as some bonus track/B-side or something but it probably shouldn't be an album track imo

• Like 3

These are probably not the most elaborate and inspired lyrics BJ has came up with in his career, but I remember part of this community hailing as a masterpiece a bunch of random catchy words that could have easily been put together by an AI but happened to be written by some Canadian kids for a hoax, and that’s just funny to me 🙃

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

These are probably not the most elaborate and inspired lyrics BJ has came up with in his career, but I remember part of this community hailing as a masterpiece a bunch of random catchy words that could have easily been put together by an AI but happened to be written by some Canadian kids for a hoax, and that’s just funny to me 🙃

"Even Rome had to fall some time!! Honey kiss me in the ruins of you and I tonight!! Close your eyes, I'll shatter your stained glass mind tonight, one last time!!!"

• Like 1

Rome Falls was a banger tbf

But yeah, I don't understand the confusion about why people aren't liking it. It's just not a very good song, definitely not album worthy as it is. I do like the chorus and some of the lyrics but if they want it to have potential it needs a lot of reworking.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, squinty bitch said:

Rome Falls was a banger tbf

It would be epic if Green Day decided to cover it on stage!!!!

• Like 1