Green Day surprise show at the Metro Chicago 7/29

pacejunkie punk

9 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

People who buy ticket the resale it are fuckers.

img%5D

Oh and I don't know who this guy is but he deleted the tweet. Still a strange post tho

img%5D

Do we know if anybody has informed The Metro about this? Maybe they could really beef up security to prevent anything from happening........?

3 hours ago, dreamykatie said:

the guy has since privated but I'm going ahead and reporting them anyway, just in case. I suggest other ppl with twitter do the same if they can. 

EDIT: I guess I missed a page, I just saw that they were 'joking'. still it's sickening to make such a joke like that when it seems like there have been so many horrible shootings this year. 

What do you mean this year? 

3 hours ago, dreamykatie said:

the guy has since privated but I'm going ahead and reporting them anyway, just in case. I suggest other ppl with twitter do the same if they can. 

EDIT: I guess I missed a page, I just saw that they were 'joking'. still it's sickening to make such a joke like that when it seems like there have been so many horrible shootings this year. 

The account doesn't even pull up for me now. I sure hope steps are being taken to help prevent anything like this. Metal detectors at doors would be great!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Liam said:

What do you mean this year? 

There are so many horrible shootings every year in America, but this year it just seems like there's one after the other. Highland Park, Uvalde, Buffalo. Those are just the ones I've heard about and they've all happened in the past two or so months. It's fucking miserable. 

Sorry don't mean to bring the thread down. On topic, I was looking to see if Tre left any hashtags on his post but I didn't see any. Curious if Billie or Mike are gonna post something about it on their personals. 

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, dreamykatie said:

There are so many horrible shootings every year in America, but this year it just seems like there's one after the other. Highland Park, Uvalde, Buffalo. Those are just the ones I've heard about and they've all happened in the past two or so months. It's fucking miserable. 

Sorry don't mean to bring the thread down. On topic, I was looking to see if Tre left any hashtags on his post but I didn't see any. Curious if Billie or Mike are gonna post something about it on their personals. 

Well I'm just all worried about this threat on Twitter now, dammit. I hate to say it, but it's ALMOST making me rethink going. 

• Sad 1

I've no idea what's going on but every time I tried to edit my post it just keeps repeating and repeating :lol:

33 minutes ago, dreamykatie said:

I've double checked Tre's post and no hashtags

Yeah if it was supposed to be some joke it's a really sick joke considering all the shootings in the US these days :(

Can't believe I've seen at least six people saying they've flown into Chicago without tickets hoping to get into the show 😯 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, bjluva said:

Well I'm just all worried about this threat on Twitter now, dammit. I hate to say it, but it's ALMOST making me rethink going. 

Has anyone tried to reach out to the band about this?

Just now, GDFan2019 said:

Has anyone tried to reach out to the band about this?

I mean people are saying the guy was joking but I think someone should probably be made aware of it just in case? 

1 minute ago, GDFan2019 said:

Someone in the Reddit thread said that they contacted Lollapalooza and the Metro on Instagram. Lollapalooza replied and said they're handling it.

Good

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Someone in the Reddit thread said that they contacted Lollapalooza and the Metro on Instagram. Lollapalooza replied and said they're handling it.

Don't hate me but I've contacted anybody and everybody that I can think of. Alerted The Metro, Chicago PD..........

They NEED heavily tightened security on this event. Metal detectors, pat downs......all of it......

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

I hate to be that person but security theater like that won’t really stop violence from happening in a country where many states are loosening gun regulations rather than making them stronger. The “pat downs” I’ve experienced at concerts are usually half-assed attempts and just an excuse to say they did something.

It sounds like the appropriate authorities were notified yesterday and all signs on social media point to it being some guy making a “joke” that isn’t very funny.

Yeah the state of security at venues is so mixed. I've been to shows where they did absolutely nothing, not even a metal detector to shows where they tried to bar me from coming in because my jacket had rounded, dull spikes. 

Heard that Chicago radio station Q101 is giving away tickets. 2 went this morning and they have 2 more to give out tomorrow. 

Hmmm…feel like they’re using a lot of Insomniac photos and comments in promoting this…Metro used the “Having trouble trying to sleep?” lyric the other day, NME used an Insomniac-era photo and of course the monkey concert poster.

Probably reading too much into this, but just noticed a lot of Insomniac tidbits.

• Like 4
  • Surprised 1

12 minutes ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

Hmmm…feel like they’re using a lot of Insomniac photos and comments in promoting this…Metro used the “Having trouble trying to sleep?” lyric the other day, NME used an Insomniac-era photo and of course the monkey concert poster.

Probably reading too much into this, but just noticed a lot of Insomniac tidbits.

I agree totally.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

I did too. It made me even more bummed I couldn't go. :cry: 

Edit: On that note, I've updated the thread title since technically we know the show is confirmed now but we don't know it's an American Idiot show. I think the heart grenade within the Metro logo was just used to tease a Green Day show before it was "official" but I guess we'll see tomorrow!

Edited by AlissaGoesRAWR
  • Like 3

• AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to Green Day surprise show at the Metro Chicago 7/29
54 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

We'd finally get to see Mike play the baseball bat live!!!!!!!!

That's Shenanigans isn't it? Desensitized?